Columbus mib1 0409 firmware

Aes3

• 1 month later...

I'm curious to know why anyone would want a firmware upgrade other than from Skoda's own site.

There are no firmware updates from Skoda for the infotainment units. (Only map data is currently available for user download)

Officially it can only be done by a dealer.

I'm guessing it will be the same soon with the map data though, as the first cars should have now reached the 3 year limit for free map updates & people will soon be looking for the new updates but with "modified" date/version.

I'm guessing it will be the same soon with the map data though, as the first cars should have now reached the 3 year limit for free map updates & people will soon be looking for the new updates but with "modified" date/version.

Skoda have scrapped the 3 year limit on map updates - according to the dealer I bought from. Mine is slightly older yet I can still go onto the portal for updates.

I have just applied this FW update to my Columbus that was already running 0390. It's really not worth it, unless you insist on being up to date. Only 1 module was a "part update" and that was IOC or Input Output Controller. All the other elements are exactly the same as 0390 and were not updated. It went smoothly enough, didn't take long, but I cannot detect any difference in operation or performance.

10 minutes ago, Paulius55 said:

I have just applied this FW update to my Columbus that was already running 0390. It's really not worth it, unless you insist on being up to date. Only 1 module was a "part update" and that was IOC or Input Output Controller. All the other elements are exactly the same as 0390 and were not updated. It went smoothly enough, didn't take long, but I cannot detect any difference in operation or performance.

As far as I know it's a fix for 'random' volume dropping issue.

Input Output Controller suggests something similar. :)

How long did it take? 2 minutes? :)

Edited by aki78

A bit more than 2 minutes as it still rebooted several times. Not quite enough time for me to freeze completely in the car (it said not to start the engine). Probably less than 15 minutes.

I may be wrong, and, if so others will correct me, but I believe that pre-MIB units had a DVD slot in the head unit, MIB1 has the DVD slot in the glovebox and MIB2 does not have a DVD slot.

4 hours ago, Paulius55 said:

Do you have Canton?

One of the updates is for the Alpine Amplifier (Canton).

3 hours ago, LemonLime said:

This might sound dumb, but how can I tell if I have a mib 1 or 2?

Different part numbers for a start, if you have a vcds scan log it should show the part number. Also, the date the car was made will give you a good idea. 2013 onwards was MIB1, and MIB2 came in maybe 2015 - 2016.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, safire said:

Im going to update it with a canton tonight, i will edit this post and let you know.

I updated my columbus with canton last night. Previous version of columbus was 0190 so quite old, however I think the update for canton and the amp (AMP11_APN) was skipped as I had the same version already installed for that module.

Be interested to know which columbus version you are coming from, and which modules update - it gives you a list before proceeding. 

Went out this morning and the Columbus unit seemed quicker. I usually leave mine on the maps view and usually see "starting navigation" message. This morning it was straight into maps with no loading message.

I have a HW41 Columbus, running SW 0196, with Canton sound system.

I'm trying to update mine to anything further up the tree than where it currently is, but the unit refuses to see the update either on an SD card, a USB stick or a USB hard drive. Not quite sure what I'm doing wrong, but I've tried just about all options and nothing works. Currently have 0409 on the SD card, with no recognition from the Columbus.

Any ideas?

SAME PROBLEM HERE Rustynuts !

I just tried to install it, Columbus cant find update data on my SD card, ive got soft ver. 0292

Ive updated my maps from and SD card yesterday and everything was okay.

@ahenners, did you update it from an SD card ?

IMG_4331.JPG

IMG_4332.JPG

Edited by safire

Rustynuts ive solved that problem, to update software you got to update it via service mode (by holding MENU buton for couple of seconds), not form the system info panel (its only for maps).

If you update it i would like to ask you if you can check in a language change menu, if its multilanguage version, and if you got some errors that needs to be coded via vcds. THANKS !

Edited by safire