42 month PCP, stay the course or VT

Hmm. Not sure about an extended warranty, such a negative image from the past usually with a huge list of exclusions.

Kodiak no, we only have 1 child so, a 7 seater would just be a pee take really.

Superb is just a bit too wafty leaving you needing sea-sickness tablets thru the corners

Whilst the little 1.4 is good, who wouldn't want a power upgrade which also, rules out the vRS TDI as I want an upgrade in power which the TDI isn't

Just as a word of warning - avoid Warranty Direct like the plague. My mum took out a 2 year plan with them, and about 6 weeks after doing so experienced a fault with the timing chain tensioner (a well known issue on the 105hp 1.2TSI). The tennsioner and chain needed to be replaced.

They claimed that the fault was either known before taking out the warranty (which it wasn't) and then argued it was a wear and tear item and wouldn't be covered. I tried to argue for her and just received the same response back and absolutely appalling customer service.

Sorry to go off topic, but didn't want anyone else to suffer them!

Hmm. Not sure about an extended warranty, such a negative image from the past usually with a huge list of exclusions.

Kodiak no, we only have 1 child so, a 7 seater would just be a pee take really.

Superb is just a bit too wafty leaving you needing sea-sickness tablets thru the corners

Whilst the little 1.4 is good, who wouldn't want a power upgrade which also, rules out the vRS TDI as I want an upgrade in power which the TDI isn't

Audi A4? ;)

If you are happy with the car why not just buy it outright and extend the warranty. Just checked my car and it will cost me £488 one off payment or £44 a month for all component cover 15k or less mileage and £0 excess.

I have a 63plate petrol VRS with 39k on it.

That's quite good, was that on the Skoda Insured warranty site? Is your 63 out of warranty yet, so it will be a new warranty rather than an extension of your existing one? I bought mine approved used so have a year warranty, but for 40 odd a month I'd be tempted to do this when it runs out.

What's the main differences between PCH and PCP? I've never had PCH offered to me.

Largely speaking

PCP = You have an option to buy the car at the end

PCH = You dont.

PCH's are leasing, and on the whole tend to be cheaper. However, this depends on the depreciation on the car in question (as that is what is being covered by your payments). In my experience PCH's tend to be stricter on handing cars back too.

My advice is that if you may want to keep the car, choose PCP. If you dont care, look at both options and look at it on a cost per month basis. Certain offers (such as dealer deposit contributions) may only be available on one or the other.

Largely speaking

PCH = You dont.

PCH's are leasing, and on the whole tend to be cheaper. However, this depends on the depreciation on the car in question (as that is what is being covered by your payments). In my experience PCH's tend to be stricter on handing cars back too.

My advice is that if you may want to keep the car, choose PCP. If you dont care, look at both options and look at it on a cost per month basis. Certain offers (such as dealer deposit contributions) may only be available on one or the other.

Thanks for that. At present I intend to see what kind of deal they offer when I'm nearing the 3 year end-of-warranty date (Next October)  though the PCP ends in about March 2018.

I like the car but I also like the freebies that go with the PCP.

If I can trade it in, albeit with some cash,  for a very similar car at not much difference in payments, I'd go for the trade in.

It will be very low mileage at 3 years, about 16K.

Thanks for that. At present I intend to see what kind of deal they offer when I'm nearing the 3 year end-of-warranty date (Next October)  though the PCP ends in about March 2018.

I like the car but I also like the freebies that go with the PCP.

If I can trade it in, albeit with some cash,  for a very similar car at not much difference in payments, I'd go for the trade in.

It will be very low mileage at 3 years, about 16K.

You should be looking at the total cost of the contract, deposit and payments. PCH is usually a lot cheaper, as the leasing company is getting a bigger discount on the cars it buys.

Freebies dont matter, if PCH is cheaper you can afford to buy those yourself if you want to. 3 yrs servicing is only £450.

That's quite good, was that on the Skoda Insured warranty site? Is your 63 out of warranty yet, so it will be a new warranty rather than an extension of your existing one? I bought mine approved used so have a year warranty, but for 40 odd a month I'd be tempted to do this when it runs out.

Yes that was a Skoda all component warranty.

• Like 1

480 litre boot just don't quite cut it, my wife is anally retentive therefore, I need a big boot to carry all her ****

It is a shame that wives are more expensive to maintain and replace than cars. Wouldn't it be great if you could lease one for a year or two and then just hand her back when something nicer comes along?

• Like 4

Do Skoda dealerships offer PCH agreements.

Yes I got mine from a dealer on PCH.

A word of warning though - it's worth shopping around, as you'll probably get a better deal from a broker / independent leasing company. Also, Skoda leasing rules are quite strict e.g. It states in the contract that it MUST be serviced at a Skoda dealer. Not the case if you get it from a broker.

• Like 1

There are a few dodgy ones out there.

As a guide look for membership of the BVRLA and brokers who deal with the big lease firms e.g. Hitachi, Alphabet, Lex etc.

https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk

https://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk

Also Simpson Skoda do PCH through Skoda Finance

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/new-car-offers/pch-offers/

I'm in the same boat as the OP, car just had it's third service, three year warranty is up, and 42 months is next May.

I wasn't even aware that I could get out the contract early, and was told at the service, that more than likely I'd get an appointment to see someone to discuss my intentions around April next year.

I don't intend keeping it as I've had a new car every 2 to 4 years for the past twenty years, but again like the OP, PCH does seem to be the way forward.

I saw the VRS price of £237 per month with a 2k deposit too! Again like the OP, thinking of a power upgrade.

Trouble is the face lift will arriving a few months after and then there's the Kodiaq!

I have just got my VRS on a PCH deal with Lookers.

£1600 deposit

£186/month :) 

• Like 1

PCH = You dont.

It is possible to buy a PCH car at the end of the lease, but it can't be the person named on the lease. It can be your wife or a mate, but not you. Strange.

There are a few dodgy ones out there.

As a guide look for membership of the BVRLA and brokers who deal with the big lease firms e.g. Hitachi, Alphabet, Lex etc.

https://www.selectcarleasing.co.uk

https://www.nationwidevehiclecontracts.co.uk

Also Simpson Skoda do PCH through Skoda Finance

http://www.simpsonsskoda.co.uk/new-car-offers/pch-offers/

Word of warning - Select Car Leasing refused to give / email a quote until they had done a "credit profile" on me.

Essentially a credit check by another name - I stopped it when they wanted my bank account details (enough to setup a payment). They refused to email me the quotation figures until I handed them over, so we parted ways.

Yeah, Select Car Leasing follows a ponderous credit-check process, and wants your banking details BEFORE they will provide a formal quote. I hung-up on them when they insisted upon having too much info in-advance of any commitment. Best look elsewhere.