Dirty Superb Car Thread.....

Dirty Superb Car Thread.....

As we are now in dirty season....

Share photos of your Superb not looking its best...............

Mine was washed the other day so will need to wait a week or so yet !

Edited by RickTT

"Mine was ashed the other day".

Blimey that's a bit drastic isn't it??     

Is it a bit like claying the car just a little more effective at removing the paint.  :rofl:

Edited by Sagalout
  • Like 2

i realy hate how dirt come to side windows

20161205_085359.jpg

cause Škoda's engineers have forgotten (or VW forbidden) one important part

20161108_155749.jpg

washed two weeks ago, ~550km dirt city traffic

nano Ceramic-Pro cover renewed 3 weeks ago

20161205_085413.jpg

• Like 2

Took these a few days ago but had 'technical' issues!  Doesn't show too well on camera (one of the reasons I chose red, it doesn't show the dirt!), but the 2 tone wing mirror covers are a giveaway.  Our Polo is giving the Superb a run for its money though, shows I don't like washing cars...

post-137305-0-98014300-1481309081_thumb.jpg

post-137305-0-73067900-1481309079_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

A week after the OP started this thread (without a picture of a dirty car!) and we still haven't seen it  :D

Here's my MkII, just to annoy you MkIII owners...

IMG_6572_zpsa03e4b6f.jpg

Edited by silver1011
  • Like 4

A week after the OP started this thread (without a picture of a dirty car!) and we still haven't seen it  :D

Its not dirty enough yet ! its been a warm week !

• Like 2

A week after the OP started this thread (without a picture of a dirty car!) and we still haven't seen it :D

IMG_6572_zpsa03e4b6f.jpg

That's proper dirty. 3 penalty points for the obscured number plate too!

• 2 weeks later...

Small miracle happened yesterday - I washed the cars!  Not before I experimented with a bit of bumper graffiti...felt the window sticker wasn't very obvious!  :p

attachicon.gifbumper.jpg

Oh - in relation to dirty number plates I went into the local Sainsburys the other day and the auto plate reader on the car-park entrance totally failed to see me!  Didn't think the front plate had got that bad!  :D

Ouch, swirl marks. My OCD is going into overdrive!

• Like 1

And post TLC...

All washed, dried and polished by yourself, or by Device Details per chance?

One thing I can say is that with all that metal, it takes a while to just to wash it, especially when you have no hose pipe and your house is 30m away from your car! It breaks me every time.

Question, is that Petrol Blue or another colour? I am jealous of your sportline good sir.

Edited by blahde2

All washed, dried and polished by yourself, or by Device Details per chance?

One thing I can say is that with all that metal, it takes a while to just to wash it, especially when you have no hose pipe and your house is 30m away from your car! It breaks me every time.

Question, is that Petrol Blue or another colour? I am jealous of your sportline good sir.

Credit goes to Ed at DD. The car is coated with this http://www.kamikaze-collection.com/products

One way to get around your problem is to use one of the self cleaning stations you can find at various petrol stations around the country. Dont, however, use their soap or brushes. Use a premixed shampoo solution in a 5L hand pump, allow it to dwell for a few minutes and then jet off the shampoo. This is even easier when your car has been detailed and coated with some sort of protection. I did that for a while when we lived in a flat. Other option is a waterless wash like this https://youtu.be/9TwvbtEMmT8

Petrol blue?? Its black.  :D

Before 

IMG_20161207_084231_zps5suc0cym.jpg

IMG_20161207_084243_zps5govbwh9.jpg

IMG_20161207_084300_zpsmzbzqsld.jpg

After 

IMG_20161207_101135_zps88rcbyxn.jpg

IMG_20161207_101139_zpstxelp5oo.jpg

IMG_20161207_101145_zpsrcvm75jw.jpg

Piglet looking pretty again. 

IMG_20161207_105039_zpsnlgldhb3.jpg

This was early December. 

She's on chauffeur duty Sunday to take me and a friend for a great meal. So She'll get a provisional clean on Wednesday (tomorrow), then a thorough clean on Friday and then quick clean on Saturday for Sunday morning. 

Ye', I know I go over board sometimes but she's never let me down and I don't want to let her down. 

• Like 1

Very pretty piglet. What colour is that?

It's Petrol Blue Metallic. In the sun the colour really comes alive with different hues of blue depending on your viewing angle.

• Like 1