clutch

If you're getting the clutch done get the fly wheel done as well, you may as well kill two birds with one stone. I recently had a full Sachs kit fitted front break pads and wheel bearing... £989 :(

• Like 1

^ Why not educate, instead of just being rude?

I'm curious myself to know why a new clutch would have different effects on a flywheel to an older one?

I'm being humourous, don't be so disingenuous, you know me well enough by now.

It has nothing to do with effects and everything to do with cost, the old flywheel will not live as long as the new clutch so you get them done at the same time because it costs the same in labour as not getting it done.

How many miles does your current fly wheel have on? In the ideal world change the lot, obviously more money comes into this though. The way I look at it is if the DMF has done a few miles and you're going to all the effort to get to the clutch, while you're in there then do the fly wheel too.

How many miles does your current fly wheel have on? In the ideal world change the lot, obviously more money comes into this though. The way I look at it is if the DMF has done a few miles and you're going to all the effort to get to the clutch, while you're in there then do the fly wheel too.

I am guessing but cant find a reciept for it so think its original.would an original generally last past life of first clutch i know theres alot of circumstances involved 

I am a driving instructor so my clutch wears out a lot earlier than normal. Changed clutch at 77k than again at 152k. Still on original flyweel. Should I be changing the flywheel too? Or does it depend on the condition of the flyeeel? I have the 1.9tdi fabia 2001 with the G60 flywheel I think, not Dual-mass.

• Like 1