AP lowering springs..... any good?

Hi all, Just looking for some lowering springs (25mm) for my Fabia VRS and wondering if anyone has fitted AP springs and if so any trouble with them, fitting or once fitted. Advice appreciated.

They can be purchased for a decent price but I m thinking there may be a reason for this?

We sell a lot of the AP springs and shocks kits for the Fabia 6Y VRS.

Damian @ DPM Performance 

I usually put a link to your site on when these AP topics come up. Must have slipped my mind lol

• Like 1

Seconded...

Nice piece of kit - been on my vRS for 25k (supplied by Damian @ DPM Performance)

Firm but not OTT. Probably more comfortable than my my Mk1 TT quattrosport was.

They seem to have gone up a fair bit, they were £230 ish 2 years ago, now £291 (+26% !)

post-63189-0-33041400-1481668513_thumb.jpg

post-63189-0-21466200-1481668523_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tuftythesquirrel
  • Like 1

Thanks very much for all the info Guys. Damian, I may be approaching you early in the NY at DPM to buy a set of these. As you state they seem reasonably priced!

'TUFTYTHESQUIRREL' your VRS looks great and is about the right height I am aiming for when lowering mine. Would you kindly confirm the height of the springs fitted to your VRS?

- Just to give me an idea of the drop? I don't want to go too low. (Bloody speed bumps)  Cheers.

• Like 1

Hi,

This was the delivery note:

Item Name: AP 25mm Lowering Springs & Shocks Suspension Kit
Item Part Number: SP82-018

I've never grounded it on the road, only ever scraped the front splitter/spoiler once, but that was leaving a house coming onto a heavily cambered side street.

Oh, fitting - I gave the local mechanic a hand do it. On the front, don't take the bottom arm off, just disconnect it from the strut and gently lever it out of the way with a long bar. If you have a car lift (or can rent one), it took us just under 2 hours. That included a cup of tea and a chat. That is, only pay 2 hours labour for fitting. Indy garages in our are £40-50/hour.

Cheers.