Model 2017 memory seats problems

I have noticed 3 problems witch memory seats. Could you check if it is normal behaviour, please?

1)when I move seat to lowest position it never save it in memory! Every time when i use my key or press number, seat is moving to higher position newer remember lovest position which I like.

2) i have paid for passanger memory seat but it is does not have memory.

3)manual instruction said not true. It says to press set button for 10s then pres number. I spent lots of time and it is was not work for me.

I have noticed that short press set button is needed instead 10 second.

• Like 1

You may want to get this booked into your dealer for a progam update.

I had same problem - dealer could not understand it, thought i was mad, then they could not do it - all it needs is a connection to mainframe to overwrite the program.  job done.

Also be aware it only memorizes setting to the master key (the silver one).  

So I have 3 keys and I never use the silver one so its pretty useless really.

Mine is 2016 version but to set the memory you just hold the set button down whilst pressing 1 or 2 etc. It "bing"s to show it has accepted the programming.

I think there has been some talk of failure to calibrate the seats at the PDI, try motoring the seat over its full range, then move to the position you want and programme it as above.

I find you have to press the set button and then press the 1 or 2 button within ten seconds. It won't work if you press both together.

You should know when it's set as you get a tone.

Edited by facet edge
  • Like 1

Yes it is correct.

I still have problem to remember the lowest position.

Whether I press down seat is going down and stop. When I press down again it is going little bit down. When I remember it at 1 . And after press 1 to restore seat position it is not at lowest position but is higher.

I tried to calibrate it by motoring seat over full range but without success.

I tried to calibrate it by motoring seat over full range but without success.

Did you hold the switch for at least 2 seconds after the seat reached the end of travel in each direction ?  VCDS web pages indicate that holding the "switch" for a couple of seconds at each end of the travel range applies to seats, windows, sunroof and power steering and is the solution to:

"02330 - Rear Seat Height Adjustment Motor (V285) 

005 - No or Incorrect Basic Setting / Adaptation"

ALSO there are two height adjustment motors in the seat - front and rear (to enable the seat base angle) so you need to ensure both up/down switches are subject to calibration. It may be that you need to calibrate them one at a time.  

• Like 1

Its definitely worth trying the extended movement to see if a seat resets itself but in the end its always worth putting the car into the dealer under warranty to have the software overwritten.

Only takes a few minutes and so could be done while you wait.

My dealer loaned me a car saying it would take up to 3 days as they expected to take out the seat etc - despite me mentioning what I had read here on this site :)

When I got home they asked me to come back as they had fixed it. :)

They updated the software.  It was a first for them and they are writing it into their PDI inspection.

I put car to dealer today and the did not fixed it. 

They will report problem to Skoda and let me know when get answer.

I have also noticed that another skoda on dealer  display had the same issue.

I have noticed 3 problems witch memory seats. Could you check if it is normal behaviour, please?

1)when I move seat to lowest position it never save it in memory! Every time when i use my key or press number, seat is moving to higher position newer remember lovest position which I like.

2) i have paid for passanger memory seat but it is does not have memory.

3)manual instruction said not true. It says to press set button for 10s then pres number. I spent lots of time and it is was not work for me.

I have noticed that short press set button is needed instead 10 second.

I have never read about Memory Seat for Passenger. Where did you see that and what use would it be? 

Took delivery of my Superb last week and I am having the same problem.  Read and re-read the handbook and tried setting the memory, but it never stores the settings.

I've experienced the same problem. I like sitting in the lowest position and once the key is used the seat lifts, very annoying. And also I can't set any of the memories.

Tomorrow I'll get to my dealer.

I had same problem - dealer could not understand it, thought i was mad, then they could not do it - all it needs is a connection to mainframe to overwrite the program.  job done.

Which dealer did you use?

I need to get mine sorted, so a dealer with experience of the problem could be useful.

My nearest dealers are either Birmingham or Coventry.

It is very annoying. Even when I set seat on lowest position. Every time when i come back to car positon is higher that last position wchich I set.

The higher position of seat reduce my visiblity. If skoda does not fix it I gona aply for full refund as car is not safety and is danger for me and my family.

Edited by Szmulik

Which dealer did you use?

I need to get mine sorted, so a dealer with experience of the problem could be useful.

My nearest dealers are either Birmingham or Coventry.

HI Dave,

I used Sandicliffe Skoda in Leicester but there is no reason why your local dealer could not confirm with them beforehand saving you a longer journey.

OK, thanks.

Yes, Leicester is a bit far unless I'm going there anyway.

There are actually two main dealers in Birmingham.  I phoned one of them this morning, part of a large group, and got put through to their central booking office.  I don't like that system, as you can't actually speak to anyone at the dealership, and as I was just on hold, I hung up.

Phoned the other dealer and booked it in for first thing on Monday, although the woman I spoke to didn't exactly fill me with confidence.

In the meantime, I thought I would call in to the first dealer and see if anyone could have a quick look.  A technician came out and I explained the issue.  He jumped in, pressed loads of buttons, locked and unlocked the car and the seat stayed where it was.  I got in, set the seat where I wanted it and he told me I needed to put it in reverse with the ignition on, keep my foot on the brake, set the n/s mirror, then switch off.  I got out, locked the door, unlocked it again and the seat stayed where it was - Result!

I then went to Halfords to pick something up.  When I unlocked the door to get back in, the seat moved!!!  Brilliant.  :(

To activate seat memory move the seat base all the way forward

Lift the rear lower seat base up as far as it will go

Move seat back to full forward position

Seat memory should now be activated

You should now hear the boing tone from reset

• Like 2

HI Dave,

I used Sandicliffe Skoda in Leicester but there is no reason why your local dealer could not confirm with them beforehand saving you a longer journey.

Well, I took the car in this morning for a 'while you wait' appointment. I explained the issue to the technician, who said "I don't think it's a fault, you just need to program the remote".

OK, how do you do that? He went through the usual routine, locked and unlocked the door and the seat moved to the wrong position again.

I mentioned the software issue and he said there wasn't an update available.

He said they would need it for a day to investigate, so it's booked in for next Tuesday with a loan car.

It took me half an hour to drive the seven miles to the Birmingham dealer. I'm beginning to wish I had gone to Leicester, as it wouldn't have taken much longer and they would have known what they were doing, hopefully!

Refer to my last post reset memory seats

Your seat memory is not activated

I did try that, but it made no difference.

It seems that it does actually store the seat position in memory - I have since discovered that it just doesn't want to store the position that I want!

I have tried to reset the seat position by driving to all extremes and holding the switch in position.

I like to drive with the seat all the way back and with the back of the cushion in the lowest position.  It will not store this position in memory, but will move the seat forwards slightly and the cushion up slightly when I open the door.  I have to set the seat position every time I get in.

I have tried setting the memory in various other positions and it works fine.

Well it's going in to the garage again tomorrow, so we'll see what happens this time.

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Windscreenman said:

Did you get your seats sorted ? Daveo

Not really.

The technician said there was nothing wrong with the seat/memory.  Apparently, it won't store the position if the seat is all the way back and all the way down, as it has gone beyond the parameters of the motors!  The only option is to reposition the seat very time you get in.

I have since discovered that you can turn off 'personalisation' in the menus, so it will leave the seat where it is.  Not really a solution, but hey!

Edited by daveo138

I seem to recall a paragraph from the user manual where it states that certain seat positions will not be stored in the memory as they are deemed "unsafe" for the airbags. Could this be something related to your problem?:

If the inclination angle of the seat backrest relative to the seat surface is greater than approx. 110°, then it is not possible for safety reasons to save this setting in the memory of the electrically adjustable seats or the remote control key.