Parked in a safe place... Scum chucks her shopping Trolley....

Will sit the scence...

My car reversed into a space near the front of the store, Scum in her addias track pants, Rockport boots pushes trolley down the side of the car (parked next to an empty space,) lifts trolley up the kerb and just pushes it onto the raised kerb which has a camber with no worry in the world. (on a windy day too...)

10 secs later trolleys rolls back towards the car and bang...... she walks back and then moves the trolley again !

All of this happened while i was watching packing my shopping up (Aldi.) I knocked on the window really loud... she gives me the middle finger, shouts something and walks off into the taxi !   -- I then give the chase but get blocked off in the carpark with traffic.

Called the Taxi company who would not disclose the persons address (understandable DPA) but the person was the kind who would not of cared anyway as they didnt when they did it !!

So say im pev'ed off is an under statement.. ...

Dent on the tail gate..

20161224_150345_zpshzkycqaf.jpg

20161224_150337_zps1vtj3epx.jpg

20161224_150148_zpsfng0wlwq.jpg

Edited by RickTT

Unfortunately this happens all to often, makes me not want to ever take my car to a carpark.

My 3 day old superb already has a pin point dent on the driver's door from a carpark. I will be seeking PDR (painless dent removal) to get it out right. If you want it fixed PDR is the route to take.

Edited by hpoom

Really sorry , I know you must be fuming , I got a 30 minute old car doors bashed in a similar manner in 1996 . I now park in the furthest away parking spot as the spaces nearest the door are worst for this or people throwing doors open in a rush

• Like 3

Try the store for their camera footage. Unlikely but you never know.

Thanks

I saw her with my own eyes, plus a member of staff. Even if I went down the route of getting all the info i don't expect she would pay anyway... Drugs would be more important if you get my dift..

Thing is i always park miles away, but it was rammed so had to take the first spot, which in fairness was a safe sport with loads of room as it was the first spot next to the last disabled one..

The Mrs was not happy as she had got me a detailing car kit for Christmas .....

Never mind.. The car is also flithy, but now has a quarter section which is clean !!

Edited by RickTT

+1 PDR if it can be accessed. £60-100 probably. My last wife destroyed the back door panel and rear wing of my 6 week-old Mondeo, whilst driving forwards out of my in-laws drive. That was annoying.

• Like 3

+1 PDR if it can be accessed. £60-100 probably. My last wife destroyed the back door panel and rear wing of my 6 week-old Mondeo, whilst driving forwards out of my in-laws drive. That was annoying.

Last wife  LOL

Edited by SuperbIRL142
  • Like 2

It counts as criminal damage (because of the individuals reaction to you), so you can go to the Police and make a formal complaint, who will in turn go to the Taxi operator who then have to provide details as part of the evidence for prosecution. As long as the Police pick it up - and you can force them too - then they will do the rest, especially if there is further supporting evidence from Store CCTV.

You will then get at least something back via the Courts, and the person could end up with a Criminal Record. You may need to push it though. If you have Motor Legal cover then let them do the leg work.

Write EVERYTHING down as soon as possible including date, time, location, description, Taxi registration, what you and anyone else saw, their details, weather (it matters), what you did and the reactions to that. Do it within 24 hours to keep it admissible as evidence. That can form part of the pack. Once you go over 24 hours things can be challenged.

• Like 1

Last wife  LOL

Haha. We're still good friends but she had a knack of hitting cars, or coming home with grass sticking out of the wheel caps, the steering wheel misaligned off centre and then swearing blind that she'd done nothing....when we finally split my insurance went up. I was aghast as she'd had at least 4 dings, including having been the cause of 2 substantial claims....totally illogical but insurance companies obviously think that married couples are a safer bet, go figure.

• Like 2

Haha. We're still good friends but she had a knack of hitting cars, or coming home with grass sticking out of the wheel caps, the steering wheel misaligned off centre and then swearing blind that she'd done nothing....when we finally split my insurance went up. I was aghast as she'd had at least 4 dings, including having been the cause of 2 substantial claims....totally illogical but insurance companies obviously think that married couples are a safer bet, go figure.

Good you can take a joke :)

• Like 1

Really sorry to here that some mindless moron has damaged your car.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a safe place, like you I park as far away from the mindless masses as I can, but some **** will still come and park right next to you even though the car park is empty.

I love driving and my cars, I look after them because for most of us they are a huge investment, I also tend to keep my car long term, but there are some real ass---les out here who just don't care.

Not sure my nerves can take another new car purchase, I'm afraid worrying about the car being damaged takes the joy out of a new car for me these days.

Edited by roughrider10
  • Like 1

Really sorry to here that some mindless moron has damaged your car.

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a safe place, like you I park as far away from the mindless masses as I can, but some **** will still come and park right next to you even though the car park is empty.

I love driving and my cars, I look after them because for most of us they are a huge investment, I also tend to keep my car long term, but there are some real ass---les out here who just don't care.

Not sure my nerves can take another new car purchase, I'm afraid worrying about the car being damaged takes the joy out of a new car for me these days.

Why do they do that? It happens so often. Is it a neatness thing? Do they think the cars might be lonely if there is distance between them?! No idea, but annoying does not adequately describe it!!

Thanks for all the words...

Regarding the person in question, having spoke to a good friend, there's no point wasting my time trying to pursue it as i would get nothing back.

I will report it to work upon my return and get them just sort it... (no excess for no fault claims)

Cheers all

Just been down to the local newsagents which is off road on a square.

Turned right off the road then right again onto the square, white van man was reversing out of a parking space straight into me, just managed to stop with about a foot to go, he continued to reverse so I hooted him, at this he pulled forward, was expecting a cheery wave from the driver through the rear screen as way of an apology, but no, the van stopped the drivers door opened and he got out, here we go I thought.

He informed me that I was going to fast (just turned two right angled turns so how fast could I possibly be going!?) and to slow down, I protested that I was actually stopped and he was still reversing and did not stop till I hooted, at that I could see he was about to go off on one so let it drop.

What's wrong with these people nowadays who won't take responsibility for anything?

Edited by philsmith
  • Like 1

ASDA family parking space with empty bay next to me this afternoon. We had just parked and my wife and I were already out the car about to open the rear doors for the youngsters to disembark.

A well dressed women with loaded shopping tolley cutting through the empty space, goes ahead and clips the passenger door that my wife is stood behind. She pauses, has the briefest of looks and says "there's no damage, none there" and begins to walk off. I "excuse me" to her and walk round to have a quick look, again she pauses while I have a squint.

I didn't see anything on the door panel (which is what I thought she had clouted) so turn to say "ok" when she scoffs and tells me to "oh f'off.... mumbles something" and walks off at a brisk pace.

I was about to protest then thought leave it, I couldn't be arsed with her attitude ruining my already so so could be better day. My wife turns up with a trolley for my 2 year old, I lift him from car to trolley and go to close the door. Twas only then that I spotted the chip right on the seam/edge of the door. No paint left at all, I could see the primer.

Turn to look for her but can't see her. I wanted to take my 4 cell Maglight out my boot and give her door (or her) a ****, but my wife dragged me off into the shop. Now I need to fork out for touch up paint, not happy at all!

Anyhoo, to end on a better note, I wish all you good caring BriSkoda forum members an excellent New Years and prosperous 2017.

Edited by blahde2
  • Like 1