In your opinion : The new Superb ... L&K or the Sportline

I do like certain bits of the Sportline (most of which I have or will retrofit) but for me I would miss the toys of the L&K if I had ordered a Sportline, so I'm happy I didn't wait.

I'm waiting for the Superb SportLine. Hopefully I have it in March. :)

:)

this will be my second L&K , first one was a MK2 FL (142) a fantastic car .... Hopefully the 171 will be as good ! :)

I like a big child at the moment , waiting for my new toy :)

Edited by SuperbIRL142

the Sportline is not available in Ireland as yet (as far as I am aware) , it looks good though.... I wonder will they make an L&K Sportline ?

Yeah, it's available in Ireland :-)

Edited by Micky 32

I wonder will they make an L&K Sportline ?

No because the Sportline is just a trim level ... as is the L&K, it’s a bit like asking for a MKII SE L&K

Sportline for less chrome, better seats and nicer cabin! The extras that L&K has standard can be picked from the catalogue;-)

Most but not all, if you want leather then that is not an option, neither is ventilated seats, these are two options I wouldn’t want to be without (the Sportline seats do look nice though)

• Like 1

No because the Sportline is just a trim level ... as is the L&K, it’s a bit like asking for a MKII SE L&K

Most but not all, if you want leather then that is not an option, neither is ventilated seats, these are two options I wouldn’t want to be without (the Sportline seats do look nice though)

The sportline suspension is different, 15 mm lower AFAIK.

DC

The sportline suspension is different, 15 mm lower AFAIK.

DC

What I meant by ‘trim level’ was the Superb is offered (in the UK at least) in the following 6 trim levels:

S

SE

SE Technology (previously Business)

SE L

SportLine

L&K

So a ’SportLine L&K’ would actually be two different trim levels, the same reason why a ‘vRS Elegance’ would never have been possible on the MKII.

The sportier trim levels (vRS / SportLine) have always gained items that are aimed at performance or sporty styling (in the case of a vRS... only the highest power engines, then the SportLine also gets spoilers, alloy pedal covers etc) whereas the L&K has always been about throwing most of the toys at the car as std.

Personally I think the SportLine should have been available in 280 and 190 only (so basically a vRS under a new name), but it looks like they are now going the Audi ’S Line’ way and offering it across the board.

• Like 1

Lack of colour choice would put a lot off the Sportline I would think,

just bright red, a sickly yellow/green and a few shades of grey.

We know that in CZ you can get a choice of over sixty colours why on earth don't Skoda offer at least some of them here.

From the pics posted on here the green looked excellent.  Can't find the link but I am sure somebody will be along that can.

Sportline for me, but then I would say that wouldn't I?

Essentially I don't like the chrome bits, the higher ride height and the slight excess of L&K badges on the L&K. Most things on the L&K can be specced on the Sportline.  

Conversely you get the lovely recaro'esque  seats, stunning alloys and a much nicer steering wheel on the sportline. Plus with the alcantara, I have not yet used the seat heaters. Almost seems like a waste on the sportline. They are so warm when compared to my previous car's leather. I wasn't a 100% sure of the alcantara, but now I absolutely love it.

I miss the L&K's powered passenger seat and Canton, but that is about it really.

• Like 2

With regards ride height, I thought someone said L&K is 10mm lower than standard, many months ago now, so sportline only gains 5mm in lower ride height.

It depends whether L&K has DCC or not. In many countries DCC is standard and it is 10 mm lower than normal chassis. In my eye SL still looks lower than just 5 mm, but I haven't made any measurements.

Bottom line for me is that the Superb is a comfort-orientated car so the Sportline is at odds with that but that's just my opinion. Although I'm going for a Style (SE L) with some decent options added (which will make it somewhere in between a Style and an L&K in reality), I would definitely opt for the L&K if it was a choice between L&K and Sportline.