service items

Hi guys,

My Googling skills have failed me. I can't find what is included / excluded in the regular service schedules. In days of yore this was always printed in owner's service manual. My curiosity was peeked when I booked car in for year 2 service today, I was asked if car had done 30,000KM. Obviously he was allowing extra time if car had high mileage. So what extra would be done at 30,000Km ? Octavia 2015 Mk3 1.2 DSG petrol, 12,500KM

Any info appreciated

Regards

t

Might differ slightly between continent but I've got a regular service in a fortnight (2 yrs or 30K kms).

They tell me it includes;

Replacing engine oil and filter

Carrying out safety checks on brakes, steering, tyres and suspension

Checking and topping up any fluids that are low

Free of charge wash and vacuum

Carrying out any available software updates-extra charge (MY FAVOURITE BIT; In regards to the software update, for the Skoda’s there will be an extra fee to have this done which can range from anywhere from $60-$1200.

The price that would be charged for an update will not be clear until the vehicle is looked at by our technicians).

"Carrying out any available software updates-extra charge (MY FAVOURITE BIT; In regards to the software update, for the Skoda’s there will be an extra fee to have this done which can range from anywhere from $60-$1200.

The price that would be charged for an update will not be clear until the vehicle is looked at by our technicians)."

Here's a question from an "Auld fella" who don't understand much. If all the equipment is already fitted to the car, and it's only a matter of switching on with garage PC ( Vin codes ?) Why don't they turn everything on and you can pick your settings. Surely with all these "additional" extras their cars would sell better. I don't get it. I just don't get it

t

• Like 2

I don't know about the 1.2TSi, but for the 1.4 they actually made it unnecessarily complicated by having different mileage intervals for the plugs and air filter. If you're on 'variable' servicing this means that at the 'inspection' they may do one and not the other, but for 'fixed' interval servicing maybe they simplify it to major and minor, which makes it easier to follow.

"The price that would be charged for an update will not be clear until the vehicle is looked at by our technicians"

This winds me up. I want to know the cost before I book it in. More to the point, software is not consumable in the way that oil and filters are, and if the car works then I'm happy to leave it. Every time my computer/phone updates itself something unintended happens, usually in a small but highly irritating way. Leave my car alone!

• Like 1

I also have the 1.4, and I'm worrying about the cost of the cam belt change.  Every 4 years I believe.  Is this regardless of mileage?  Suppose the car has only done a few thousand miles each year!!

Also, if the car is under the three year warranty, can you refuse the "Carrying out any available software updates"? or anything else the garage says it needs?

This 4 year cam belt thing is a myth that is either a hangover from previous incarnations or a bare-faced dealer lie. It's a 'lifetime' belt, with the service schedule mentioning nothing but inspections. See this one from when I first joined the forum (post #12): http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/317272-service-schedule/

Might differ slightly between continent but I've got a regular service in a fortnight (2 yrs or 30K kms).

They tell me it includes;

Replacing engine oil and filter

Carrying out safety checks on brakes, steering, tyres and suspension

Checking and topping up any fluids that are low

Free of charge wash and vacuum

Carrying out any available software updates-extra charge (MY FAVOURITE BIT; In regards to the software update, for the Skoda’s there will be an extra fee to have this done which can range from anywhere from $60-$1200.

The price that would be charged for an update will not be clear until the vehicle is looked at by our technicians).

Extra charge for software upgrades? That's ****.

• Like 1

I am happy to confirm the cam belt is a lifetime unit with first inspection at 240000 kms and thereafter every 30000 kms. VW/Audi Australia, at least the dealer I have dealt with, will not take this on board and were quite unpleasant when I pointed this out to them.

Regards

Roger

Yep its a different kind of belt to the earlier ones, much more durable I have read. I've seen 100k miles quoted or 10 years as a change interval.

Thanks to everyone.  It'll be interesting to see what good old Haynes have to say, when they finally get around to it!

Do you think they will?

Why bother with Haynes?

Google erwinskoda, register with them, download the complete service manual and workshop manual after paying them a nominal amount, which incidentally is the official Skoda info and there you have it. No myths just facts!

Regards

Roger

Why bother with Haynes?

Google erwinskoda, register with them, download the complete service manual and workshop manual after paying them a nominal amount, which incidentally is the official Skoda info and there you have it. No myths just facts!

Regards

Roger

How do you register, I've just been on their page couldn't see a link to register anywhere