Who or what is the biggest threat to SKODA?

ColinD

300hp is adequate :biggrin:

My 200hp Octy felt fast for a bit then you get used to it.

My 313hp Beemer felt fast and, well actually still feels pretty fast but you get used it.

I reckon 500hp is probably the sweet spot.

But then maybe 1100hp is better?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608156816519

On 7/28/2017 at 16:48, Chelseacraig said:

Also you can just about get your mobility scooters in ........so I've been told by this old guy down the street that has one ... o-62 eventually in 5th gear if it works 

I used to put our mobility scooter in the back, but it was a V6 Mondeo wagon, the ideal runabout for a pair of oldies............

Now that I'm really old I'm stuck with two 250 bhp runabouts instead.& wondering if I need  a Golf R of my very own.  

DC

2 hours ago, Aspman said:

300hp is adequate :biggrin:

My 200hp Octy felt fast for a bit then you get used to it.

My 313hp Beemer felt fast and, well actually still feels pretty fast but you get used it.

I reckon 500hp is probably the sweet spot.

But then maybe 1100hp is better?

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201608156816519

So much horsepower for the money!!! :o

On 25/01/2017 at 12:12, ColinD said:

Imagine if you just wrote your car off, or your lease is coming to an end. You've been a happy; or not, Skoda owner for months or years, maybe even a decade or more.

Which marque/model brochure are you reaching for? 

I'm interested to see what peoples instinct is or what they see as a option to SKODA. 

So what do you see as the biggest threat, or the most likely to get you behind the wheel of a different marque?

Seat Alcantara with Dsg box, heated front leathers but not from Bristol street motors. And definately in silver or grey.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Administrators

It's ok I see people sat in the local SEAT dealer ( close to where I live ). To be honest I like some of the designs and I've seen some good windscreen offer prices... 

If all that's different is the badge... then price will begin to win again, just as Skoda broke in on price & quality it can begin to ramp up risk on price too.

• Thanks 1

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, im not looking to buy a Seat, just what I might consider in the event of a Skoda meltdown.

Im currently looking to donate my Octavia to my son in law to replace his Audi A4. Whilst I run around in a 13 yrs old Matiz with 11500 on the clock.

My next purchase will be a SUPERB, EXEC 2L DSG , all being well.

The search is on.:D

• Like 1

I'm hoping my Russian contact can get me one . Cheap thrills and cheap motoring . That's what you lot are saying skodas are about ....... some of us would not move from the marque...... no issues . Dealers great on island anyway .... ones in Exeter are toss pots but that's Devon for you lol ..... all ways had Volkswagens until vrs came along . Never buy anything different now 

Correctomundo.  

SEAT is the brand you can buy new or nearly new for less than the RRP and then the depreciation is terrible a bit like with Skoda.

So SEAT offer much cheapness and Sporting cars with not just show but actual go with just delivery miles, 3,000 miles or nearly new.

Certainly not the 1990's but then Skoda are not making any Sporty Small cars that reflect their Motorsport Heritage and success's.

Chelseacraig,

?

Are you not telling us what your Octavia cost and what the dealer offered for it leaving you only losing £1,000 after 2 years.

Edited by Awayoffski

23 minutes ago, Awayoffski said:

Correctomundo.  

SEAT is the brand you can buy new or nearly new for less than the RRP and then the depreciation is terrible a bit like with Skoda.

So SEAT offer much cheapness and Sporting cars with not just show but actual go with just delivery miles, 3,000 miles or nearly new.

Certainly not the 1990's but then Skoda are not making any Sporty Small cars that reflect their Motorsport Heritage and success's.

Chelseacraig,

?

Are you not telling us what your Octavia cost and what the dealer offered for it leaving you only losing £1,000 after 2 years.

Maybe my brain is not working, but would you please explain the 1st two sentences?

It seems possible to purchase ex-demo Leon Cupra ST's for £4/6K  less than the list price.

DC

SEAT UK sometimes struggle to sell new cars so First Register many and these can be cheap if you want a keeper.

So buy cheap and depreciation is high, but only if you pay too much, so exactly the same as Skoda then.

Some Skoda and SEAT are built in the same plants be that in the Czech Republic or Slovakia. Some VW's as well.

PS

And Audis. Porsche & Bentley's as well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Bratislava_Plant 

Edited by Awayoffski

Oh dear, did I open a hornets nest when I used a four letter word (SEAT).

Heres my 6 tips for trying out cars

1) Book a day off

2) Pack some sandwiches and a flask in a bag. 

3)go to available car . com  , have a wee first.

4) Try every car in the yard

5) Have another wee

6) Go to a Skoda dealer or garage and buy your new car from there.

Been tolling round in a Kia C'eed hir car this wek.  not sparkling wit a 1.4 NA up front but comfy enough and rattle free at 15000 miles on the clock, which is more than can be said for some new cars!

5 hours ago, Awayoffski said:

SEAT UK sometimes struggle to sell new cars so First Register many and these can be cheap if you want a keeper.

So buy cheap and depreciation is high, but only if you pay too much, so exactly the same as Skoda then.

Some Skoda and SEAT are built in the same plants be that in the Czech Republic or Slovakia. Some VW's as well.

PS

And Audis. Porsche & Bentley's as well...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Volkswagen_Bratislava_Plant 

Makes sense, if you pay the right price for a car & keep it , ('cos you like it..........) then depreciation isn't a problem.

• Like 1

I went for a superb 280 over an Amg  I wanted performance and a bit of exclusivity + value

the spec andcgonish of the Skoda won me over we've had an ocravia vrs and a superb L&K too and other than minor niggles  they've been superb as has the dealers 

lot of choice out there not easy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Chelseacraig said:

4x4 vrs or a 245 at rite price . My be 280 if I can fit in drive way but all in candy white 

4 X 4 vRS? There used to be a AWD diesel vRS, but not any more.............

DC