Who or what is the biggest threat to SKODA?

ColinD

Having been in the market recently for a large estate car is considered a number of options...

Superb MK3 - built on a larger Golf platform and cost cutting after diesel gate is evident. Also they simply do not represent good value for money any more. They are not and never have been premium.

Mazda 6 - Dated inside with old fashioned dials.

3 Series Touring to small and disappointing inside feeling dated and cheap.

Passatt - laughable amount of equipment and engines for the price and felt not as good as the reviews make out.

Ford Mondeo MK5 - purchased one - the amount of spec on it, auto everything, electric boot, sports suspension, auto box, 2.0 180bhp, full leather, keyless, all the safety auto braking kit etc...

i would of looked at paying another £5k plus for similar kit on an S3 - plus I get a car that rides and handles better...

Sadly Skoda have now become VW with any lack of individuality  

• Like 2

Present round of grasping main dealers.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Why would you trust a company ie VAG that lied comprehensively about Diesel emissions and then has lots of problems with component failures which they also refuse to acknowledge apparently the DSG gearboxes are now giving trouble.

John Cadogan in Australia is incadescent about VAG see this on Youtube (Skip the ads)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Fascinating thread and 3 Skoda's later, I have a feeling that the next car will be a different brand.

Why

The Superb is coming up to 3 years old and finally I have managed to extract a price for continued warranty from Skoda, one further year....... £712.00!!!

I wanted this information a couple of months ago but the Skoda site wouildnt quote.

Went into Skoda dealership - they kept referring me to the Skoda site.

This sort of hassle I dont need. The car is mine, I run my own business and the car is a tool. Everything with Skoda these days is such a task. I wanted info on the Kodiak... apart from a couple of pamphlets .. nothing.

The dealership - 6/7 years ago was a friendly operation, couldnt be too helpful - its now all modern, most of the original staff have gone, its badly laid out and there is no character - totally clinical. They are trying to be so Volkswagen (as others have mentioned) and with the current prices they aint that far off. If I am going to pay VW prices, then I will buy a VW from one of their flash showrooms with happy smiley salesman.....

Thanks for the recent VIP invitation - I phoned twice, I tried to log in - joke...

Thank gawd the car itself, has been excellent... but the Mk3 seems to missing a lot of what makes a Superb... superb...

Victor M.

Edited by Agent X20
  • Like 3

^^^ Nailed on the head.  

They would rather talk about customer service and value or reliability than actually get on and do it.

It is like getting blood from a stone often at Dealerships in the UK them the Skoda UK Customer Service pre or post sale is just pathetic really.  There are exceptions obviously, but even those employees trying their hardest to help customer buy or maintain cars seem to be hitting their head against a brick wall.

Skoda-linkedin-post.png

Edited by Awayoffski
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

So after today's announcement will we see year 4 and 5 warranty being offered in lieu of compensation...?

lll give them a ring tomorrow...

Good luck with the warranty work, it's not like they ever argue against doing work under the standard warranty. I'd imagine there will be a whole list of excluded components in the extended warranty including DPF and injectors

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Agent X20 said:

So after today's announcement will we see year 4 and 5 warranty being offered in lieu of compensation...?

lll give them a ring tomorrow...

What announcement?

That there will be no monetary compensation for VW owners in Europe, rather a further 2 years on warranty , so presume this will be extended to Skoda owners...?....

( he said with tongue in cheek... as an actual Skoda owner...)

....certainly be a cheaper option than £712 for year 4 through Skoda...

Edited by Agent X20

It now appears to only cover certain parts of the car... exhausts and emissions... so it looks like the legals will continue....

hey ho...

On a VAG car everything comes as extras on a Mazda they are all standard. If you use cruise control on a UK motorway, adaptive cruise control should be mandatory, otherwise you spend more time resetting it after breaking every few minutes. M6 and Ms around Manchester are bad for this.

VAGs financial difficulties over the diesel scandal may get worse and this will almost certainly affect quality and customer service.

• Like 1

Just now, Odin1123 said:

Peugeot 5th in the JD power dependability rankings.

1st Skoda.

The only question is can this be maintained?

Yeah but the Japanese box might fix their low scoring.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎03‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 14:41, Awayoffski said:

^^^ Nailed on the head.  

Its getting worse by the day, the dealerships just don't seems to be interested, their clinical branding of their showrooms just makes them a pretty unfriendly place to be.  Took Superb in for its first MOT, arriving at 07.55 and waited outside the showroom doors watching all the employees get their coffee etc.. and met with a surly ... 'we open at eight' as the doors were unlocked @ 8:02...      ... Where's all the happy smiley Skoda faces these days...? ( like it used to be...... which is why we go there... :))

With the prospect of a Skoda warranty being £712 for year 4,  have started to look around and that's a joke itself worth a separate thread... trade in prices from Skoda are less than We Buy any Car ( I realise they knock you down etc..)  or the AutoTrader calculator or even going to another brand... <shock horror>!!

Takes years to build brand reputation... takes far less to lose it....

• Like 1

One question I'm interested in - why did you choose to take your car to Skoda for the MoT?

I suppose that says it all - in terms of maintenance, I'd only take it to Skoda if I had to, for warranty reasons etc.

Because it was included in the Service Plan... (and they were doing the Nox fix.. and fitting new tyres to the rear...)

Dons tin hat...

• 4 weeks later...