Who or what is the biggest threat to SKODA?

ColinD

Actually a 150ps Mk3 Fabia hatch or estate with a 1.5TSI engine would bring in more younger drivers & a Citigo with even 113ps / 1.0tsi  as much as a taxi sized / family car like an Octavia.

Something that can catch the attention since Skoda seem to try to cash in on Motorsport Heritage & success since recent success has been from the Fabia R5, 

and Historic success was small Skoda with smaller capacity engines.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Oddly there are young people that seem to think an Octavia is a cool car because of a vRS badge.

The devaluing of the RS or vRS by it being a Trim level really with show and really no go even as a 230 or 245 is where Skoda go wrong, 

Clearly seen by vRS Dirty Diesels.

Biggest selling market sector is SUVs. They just have to make sure that the Sport bit is real. Skoda were late to this market but may yet prevail if they get it right. In 2040 when cars have to be electric, (including hydrogen), this represents a threat for any car company that cannot deliver the technology. Digital electric motors have the potential to deliver low speed grunt, better acceleration and high speeds. Of course there will be the usual trade offs, you don't get energy for nothing. Pulling power from a battery means it needs recharging sooner and may shorten its life. So not much different from petrol/diesel except that currently batteries have a shorter life and currently electric traction is expensive relatively speaking. Hopefully advances in technology will cure the problems. They have until 2040.

• Thanks 1

£1000 loss in value over 2 years is amazing. Surprised your dealers are still in business or the car you were enquiringly was already £000's over priced. Any back to the real world. 

Share the joy.

So what was the Purchase price and the offer 24 months later and what were you trading in against?

Was this a cash purchase and a cash buy of the new vehicle or some Lease / HP contract?

Simply Clever might apply in that you were buying something they really really could not shift.

As for the Isle of Wight Dealership, this must be a different one from other members with High Consumption Oil users have reported their experience of using.

Edited by Awayoffski

Someone beat me to it!

I had overheating problems. Skoda were as helpful as a chocolate fireguard until I told them I was going down the legal route. This attitude has led me to decide the Skoda has to go!

The biggest threat to Skoda is Skoda!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Agree, they have become their own worst enemy, once VW started to get some money from them, and customers became the cash cow, then the dictat to follow VW policy of - stick your head in the sand and say nothing is wrong when blatantly something is & Customers have wallets to be raped & Warrant work only to be done if the person throws a complete wobbly AND tantrum at the same time.

Skoda have become just like the other very big motor manufacturers. :(  

• Like 1

VW have Skoda by the nuts, that's going to be where the problem lies.......they're being squeezed for the benefit of Lower Saxony pensioners etc.

Blaming the Czechs is easy (?)

59 minutes ago, david2vRS said:

3 year old BMW 335i next for me.. reasonably priced (considering octy vrs are £30k) over 300bhp and plenty of space in the boot for all the essentials

The boots are quite a bit smaller but everything else is a big step up. If you book your servicing through the BMW website it actually works out cheaper than the Octavia too. The dealers, at least mine is, a big step up on the Skoda ones actually wanting you business and looking after you.

Edited by CWARD
  • Like 1