Superb MY18 news - when?

43 minutes ago, SwissRob said:

Because it's quite high specced, I'm quite curious to try programming (OBDeleven or VCDS). It would be interesting to see if Trailer Assist, (I think the car satisfies the pre-requirements) Mirror Deflect (for reverse), Boot open from inside, can be turned on. Apparently custom colours for the LED ambient lighting are also possible (coding values 0..255 for each of Red, Green, Blue). Or if, as one recent post says, the programming is getting more restrictive. 

The boot will open (but not close) from inside the car

The mirror will dip if you have memory seats, otherwise VCDS can turn it on. 

You will have 10 ambient LED colours to choose from

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Gizmo68 said:

The mirror will dip if you have memory seats, otherwise VCDS can turn it on. 

You will have 10 ambient LED colours to choose from

Memory seats: yes! :) That's great: already included. 

10 ambient colours: I meant that I understand the colours can be reassigned using PC-like RGB coding. So all red would be 255,0,0 all blue 0,0,255 etc. You can try the codes out in Word or Powerpoint to see what colour comes out. (see pic). I saw a guy do this on YouTube or another forum. Of course with VCDS (or OBDeleven) there's no colour chooser - you have to do your homework first and find out what codes to use.

RGBColourChooser.png

Not sure how much of this was on the MY2017 but the petrol engines now have an aux heater like the diesels ,  on Kessythe vehicle must be locked and unlocked with the same method.  eg. lock with key fob will not allow you to unlock with handle. Care Connect is standard on all as is Emergency Call, and obviously the bigger screen. 

Thats funny ... i think you have some extras that probably are not in stock at the factory right now and that is why yours it s delayed so much... i ordered mine (also a 220 tsi) on 17th of march and it is due to arrive next week, so in month and few days from the order, the car was already produced... strange takes so long...

Edited by Corbu33

9 minutes ago, Corbu33 said:

Thats funny ... i think you have some extras that probably are not in stock at the factory right now and that is why yours it s delayed so much... i ordered mine (also a 220 tsi) on 17th of march and it is due to arrive next week, so in month and few days from the order, the car was already produced... strange takes so long...

Wow! You are a lucky one! My dealer said the panorama sunroof always causes quite a delay... I wonder what else? The beige interior is not popular in Switzerland: many are fleet cars and double up as family transport. Black interiors are by far the most popular here on any car. The dealer didn't get a firm manufacture date yet, so I will ping him early next week. He always says, "In 2 weeks I should know more..." So this time I'll pester him. 

I signed a contract but haven't put any money on the line yet. I expect that will be when it's due to be picked up. 

I can't wait! :tongueout::D

7 hours ago, SwissRob said:

I ordered on March 31st. My dealer confirmed it will definitely be a MY18 and delivery (wait for it!) takes between six and a half and EIGHT months. So it may be DECEMBER by the time it arrives.

And there I was thinking that the 5 months lead time quoted by the dealer in France where I placed the order for a Sportline 280 is a long time. They had only very broad lead time indications. For anything in Sportline trim level it's at least 10 weeks for the car to be manufactured (when ordered in France at least). Want a 2.0 TSI 280, that's a minimum of 16 weeks (luckily in total, not in addition to the 10 weeks for a Sportline). The order was placed with the factory on the 20th of April, the day when the MY2018 configuration was available to order for dealerships in France, the public configurator is still not updated. So the ordered was placed from the very beginning using the MY2018 configuration, with the new options available with MY2018. Got a large number of extras but not a panoramic sunroof, so hopefully it won't be too much delayed. The quoted delivery date when ordered was for the end of September. I was very surprised when I was told by the dealer that the more extras a car has, the more likely it is to be manufactured and delivered sooner than expected. That somehow counterintuitive. Anyways, we'll see...

ordering my se l on Friday morning with a few extras rear camera and Led plus pack unfortunately got to add KESSY to get this so extra £400 which I didn't want to spend

considering changing wheels to Modus or Pegasus and no extra cost

Hope these extras wont cause a delay

Ordered SEL exec dsg 2.0 front sensors,  kessy, spare wheel. Called dealer today to ask if I could add paddles for dsg. He spoke to skoda and no can do. It's within 5 weeks before build so too late. Although slightly annoyed that can't add additional spec (it's my fault really), I'm more pleased that the build date doesn't seem to have slipped from build week21.

9 hours ago, AandOsDad said:

Ordered SEL exec dsg 2.0 front sensors,  kessy, spare wheel. Called dealer today to ask if I could add paddles for dsg. He spoke to skoda and no can do. It's within 5 weeks before build so too late. Although slightly annoyed that can't add additional spec (it's my fault really), I'm more pleased that the build date doesn't seem to have slipped from build week21.

Should also have said, ordered Quartz grey with pegasus wheels. Thought about modus but went for pegasus. Not sure I like the standard. Think they are called zenith.

1 hour ago, AandOsDad said:

Should also have said, ordered Quartz grey with pegasus wheels. Thought about modus but went for pegasus. Not sure I like the standard. Think they are called zenith.

I'm going Quartz grey :biggrin: still pondering between the 2 wheels as I'm thinking the modus will look a bit to much just not sure

interesting when changing between the SEL and L&K interiors online they show different head units, just chatted to Skoda and they say the head units are still the Columbus 8" units the dealer said I would get the 9" screen as in the Octy so who's right ??

copy of chat

Live Chat Transcript
Started: 04th May 2017 at 09:10
Ticket ID: SkodaUK-c8d781484fe752bc84dd6a34ce6de721 1 / 2
Robert
Hi Kez you're through to Robert at ŠKODA UK. I will be assisting you today. 09:11
kez
Hi could you please confirm what head unit is in the Superb SE l and L&K and if there are any differences as im
planning of ordering one 09:12
Robert
I will be a few moments whilst I look into this for you. 09:13
Robert
I'm just going to call the technical department to find out this information for you. I'll just be a few moments. Thank you
for waiting. 09:15
kez
thanks as im not sure if they are differen as i take it i would recieve a MY18 car given ive ordered after 28th April 09:16
Robert
Thanks for your patience. You get the Columbus head unit with satellite navigation and an 8 inch screen with
the ŠKODA Superb SEL and you get the same head unit with the L&K model too. 09:27
kez
are there any Quartz grey 150 TDI manuals in stock anywhere in the country 09:29
kez
new car 09:29
Robert
I'll be a few moments while I find this out for you. 09:30
Robert
Is it a ŠKODA Superb you need a manual for? 09:35
kez
yes please 09:36
Robert
Thank you. I have posted the link for the ŠKODA Superb manual below.
https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Superb_3V/11-2016/Manual/Superb/B8_Superb_OwnersMa
nual.pdf 09:39
kez
sorry i meant any new cars in stock within the uk 09:41
Live Chat Transcript
Started: 04th May 2017 at 09:10
Ticket ID: SkodaUK-c8d781484fe752bc84dd6a34ce6de721 2 / 2
Robert
I would recommend visiting your local Retailer as they have access to all the information on new cars in stock within the
UK. Would you like me to provide you with the address and contact details for your nearest ŠKODA Retailer? 09:45
Robert
This chat has become inactive. Do you wish to continue? 09:49
kez
no thanks ive already visited, Can you just confirm there are no changes in the head unit as i would have a build date
after week 22 which is my main concern as the online when looking at the interior view shows a different unit on the
SEL from the L&K which is my main concern 09:50
Robert
According to our information the head units on the SEL and the L&K are the same. 09:51
kez
ok thanks can you email the chat so i got a link of the manual to ********* 09:52
Robert
Yes I will get that done for you. Is there anything else I can help you with? 09:53
kez
no thank you have a nice day 09:54
Robert
You too. 09:54
Robert
Goodbye. 09:55
kez
bye   

Edited by Gizmo68
email address removed
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, kezwald said:

kez
are there any Quartz grey 150 TDI manuals in stock anywhere in the country 09:29
kez
new car 09:29
Robert
I'll be a few moments while I find this out for you. 09:30
Robert
Is it a ŠKODA Superb you need a manual for? 09:35
kez
yes please 09:36
Robert
Thank you. I have posted the link for the ŠKODA Superb manual below.
https://ws.skoda-auto.com/OwnersManualService/Data/en/Superb_3V/11-2016/Manual/Superb/B8_Superb_OwnersMa
nual.pdf 09:39
kez
sorry i meant any new cars in stock within the uk 09:41

Absolute gold :D:D:D  Reminds me of Four candles!  

• Like 1

iF you look at the configurator after you select SE-L model at the top left hand side it states  9.2 in  Columbus infotainment system  on my18 models 

Superb Hatch SE L Executive | From £25,630

Standard Equipment includes (over SE):

- Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS

- Leather upholstery and heated front seats

- Columbus satellite navigation with 9.2" touchscreen display with 3D maps

14 minutes ago, Pegasus26 said:

Superb Hatch SE L Executive | From £25,630

Standard Equipment includes (over SE):

- Bi-Xenon headlights with AFS

- Leather upholstery and heated front seats

- Columbus satellite navigation with 9.2" touchscreen display with 3D maps

Cant seem to find that info you got a link please

22 minutes ago, Pegasus26 said:

iF you look at the configurator after you select SE-L model at the top left hand side it states  9.2 in  Columbus infotainment system  on my18 models 

oops sorry only read your last post

9 hours ago, RickTT said:

Did the MY17 get rear self levelling suspension for the estate ? I recall reading it was meant to but never followed it up?

Hi RickTT - as far as the Swiss spec is concerned it is an option for MY17 but included in the DCC option. 

BR Rob

21 hours ago, Pegasus26 said:

Also, when you start the configuration and look at the interior it shows the new 9.2" Columbus unit fitted.

• Like 1

car ordered today :biggrin: dealer confirmed the 9.2 head unit would be in the car but was not sure if it still retained the cd/dvd drive can anyone confirm that this is the case or not ?

also ordered LED+ package without KESSY and confirmed it was needed and pointed to the brochure :biggrin: he than rang me 2hrs later and said they have just gone to order the car and it wont let him order without KESSY :sadsmile: hes going to ring skoda on Monday to see if there is anyway around it as there is no mention in the brochure it saying LED+ plus pack in conjunction with, although I don't hold much hope with

11 hours ago, kezwald said:

car ordered today :biggrin: dealer confirmed the 9.2 head unit would be in the car but was not sure if it still retained the cd/dvd drive can anyone confirm that this is the case or not ?

also ordered LED+ package without KESSY and confirmed it was needed and pointed to the brochure :biggrin: he than rang me 2hrs later and said they have just gone to order the car and it wont let him order without KESSY :sadsmile: hes going to ring skoda on Monday to see if there is anyway around it as there is no mention in the brochure it saying LED+ plus pack in conjunction with, although I don't hold much hope with

meant to say "also ordered LED+ package without KESSY dealer confirmed it was NOT needed and pointed to the brochure"......