DTUK box

Anyone fitted a DTUK box to an octavia vrs? The instructional video for the golf r suggests jacking the car for the boost sensor, just seeing if anyone managed to fit it without lifting the car? It's only an issue as I don't have a jack, which would be pretty crucial 

17 minutes ago, arnold said:

Strangely i ordered one today for delivery tomorrow. I was told by the Guys at DTUK that its all done from the top of the engine.

VAG_2.0_MQB_LRN31 fitting .pdf

Same mate, but the video talks about jacking it up and removing a cover underneath on the golf for the boost sensor, that's why I was hoping that someone here might have had some previous experience on the octy. Hopefully someone can clarify for us before I foul up. It's looking likely to rain the next couple of days so it'll be safe for a while! 

10 minutes ago, pist0nbr0ke said:

As far as I know, the boost sensor for the petrol (TSI)  is done from underneath.

TDI is all done from above and is easy. Only one bolt to slacken off on the fuel rail with a Torx driver to allow fitting of the rail pressure plug.

Trust me, I know. ;)

That would explain my issue then. Bugger. Better get myself a jack then!

9 minutes ago, Peter-B said:

That would explain my issue then. Bugger. Better get myself a jack then!

I think someone on here has done it just by parking on a kerb or something to give more clearance. 

Whatever you end up doing, do it safely and don't risk lying under an unstable car :)

• Like 1

Came across this on a VW site, assume Skoda dealers have access to the same tech now. Interesting that it appears to confirm that tuning boxes are now detectable if the dealer suspects one was fitted and removed prior to a warranty claim.

16174701_10100606098331568_6719214187412

How long does this info stay within the ECU i wonder. You could buy a vehicle without the knowledge one had been fitted prior to purchase especially privately.  Im wondering if ive done the right thing now but i guess this would only be checked if the engine went into major melt down.

No further info on how the ECU stores the relevant information but as ECUs are getting more and more complex and storing all sorts of information it is possible that the info is stored indefinitely.

In any case once detected the flag is stored on the VAG central computers for all time so even if the ECU deleted the info it would make no difference to the fact that the each time the car was connected to the central computers the code would be flagged back to the dealer just as TD1 and the other codes are.

The only sure way to be sure that any car bought second-hand is clear would be to ask the dealer or Skoda/VW etc to confirm that there are no Flags set against the car prior to purchase, they should be able to check against the VIN.

1 hour ago, octavia5 said:

Came across this on a VW site, assume Skoda dealers have access to the same tech now. Interesting that it appears to confirm that tuning boxes are now detectable if the dealer suspects one was fitted and removed prior to a warranty claim.

16174701_10100606098331568_6719214187412

This screenshot has been going around for a while (well over a year), nobody knows if it is true or made up and no reports of cars refused warranty repairs because they had a tuning box.

Well ive just fitted mine in under 1/2 hour very easy. Still playing but completely transforms the car. At the moment ive stopped at programme

2 plus 1 as the roads are a bit moist and the wheels are struggling to grip in third when driven aggressively. Highly recommend DTUK and they have been very helpful and always respond quickly especially after my concerns regarding this thread which appear to be misleading. No doubt Andrew will update shortly,  

• 2 weeks later...

I've been directed to this thread, and as far as i know at this time using a DTUK tuning module will not cause either a TD1 or more importantly a TB1 flag. This is based on several things

1) our own skoda has been back into skoda several times, and weve asked the dealer if anything had been flagged up during its visits, and nothing at all.

2) i bought a brand new facelifted S3 that uses the updated ecu several months ago, and being honest i didnt add a box as i was worried about tb1.. A friendly Audi tech offered to test his own car on the Audi mainframe, if we were to offer him a box for this own car.. 4 weeks later, and 4 tests later, absolutely nothing..

So is tb1 real? i honestly don't know, but one thing i must point out is that the tuning box in the bulletin is a "can bus" based box and not a "sensor based" box like ours..

So maybe VAG are using can bus signals detect tuning boxes??

• Like 4

I've fitted mine from above. I've also removed and re-attached few times for warranty/service work.

The bottom sensor isnt that hard once you've done it couple times

The first time you do it I must admit isnt easy. I had to use the force.

On another note. Funny enough I've just looked at my vag com errors.

14874 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)
          P0341 00 [096] - Implausible Signal
          Intermittent - Not Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

15343 - Boost Pressure Regulation
          P0299 00 [096] - Control Range Not Reached

15121 - Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96)
          P0107 00 [044] - Signal too Low
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

I'm guessing if the dealer was to see that then that wouldnt look very good.

Edited by john_20v

4 hours ago, john_20v said:

I've fitted mine from above. I've also removed and re-attached few times for warranty/service work.

The bottom sensor isnt that hard once you've done it couple times

The first time you do it I must admit isnt easy. I had to use the force.

On another note. Funny enough I've just looked at my vag com errors.

14874 - Camshaft Position Sensor (G40)
          P0341 00 [096] - Implausible Signal

15343 - Boost Pressure Regulation
          P0299 00 [096] - Control Range Not Reached

15121 - Manifold / Barometric Pressure Sensor (G71) / (F96)
          P0107 00 [044] - Signal too Low
          Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear

I'm guessing if the dealer was to see that then that wouldnt look very good.

They couldn't prove anything though...I'd wager there are hundreds of variables that could throw up one or more of those codes.

Did you not get any warning lights on the dashboard or anything?

I get  warning lights on my dahboard.... To tell me the wheels are spinning. :D Being serious i have run my box through all settings and given it a good run. No warning lights No fault codes when i run a scan either. 

• Like 1