Variable Boot Floor

cal1470

I had the side carpets for the boot and the floor kit from him for £137 including delivery

The side carpets - including delivery (€20) - work out at £45 approx - the delivery cost was the same for the Side carpets or the side carpets with floor kit.

So £92 for the kit if you are already buying something else.

11 hours ago, SimonAudi said:

I had the side carpets for the boot and the floor kit from him for £137 including delivery

The side carpets - including delivery (€20) - work out at £45 approx - the delivery cost was the same for the Side carpets or the side carpets with floor kit.

So £92 for the kit if you are already buying something else.

Did everything work out fine? No problems? 

1 hour ago, Jonny118118 said:

Did everything work out fine? No problems? 

I ordered on the Sunday - goods delivered on the Wednesday

I have not checked them as I am in China - but assume all is OK.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, cal1470 said:

Am I right in saying the actual boot board is just a flat half inch thick board? Could it actually be made out of MDF?

yes, it is and yes it probably could.

• Like 1

It has some plastic brackets on the side of the board to slide into the mounting brackets - to allow it to stand up.

Obviously covered in carpet too...

But sure you could make one..

But why would you..... The MDF in BQ will cost you 20 quid, the glue another 10 and the carpet another 20 - and your Sunday afternoon - then still turn out like your dog pood in the boot.. :) unless your craft skills match Richard Blizzard (most of you wont know who he is) and you have lots of free time....

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

But why would you..... The MDF in BQ will cost you 20 quid, the glue another 10 and the carpet another 20 - and your Sunday afternoon - then still turn out like your dog pood in the boot.. :) unless your craft skills match Richard Blizzard (most of you wont know who he is) and you have lots of free time....

:D:D:D:D

Edited by Sko_Go

7 minutes ago, SimonAudi said:

It has some plastic brackets on the side of the board to slide into the mounting brackets - to allow it to stand up.

Obviously covered in carpet too...

But sure you could make one..

Just call me **** Blizzard! ;)

I made his (Richard Blizzard) 1907 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost from Solid Oak about 20 years ago - So I have the skills - but do not want to waste 6 hours of my life making something I can buy..  but each to his own....  Good Luck - But there is one on ebay for £50 + delivery.... second hand.

• Like 2

Then - obviously the man for the job and the necessary skills and experience....

Nice Job..

Mine had Green Leather Upholstery - just under 3 foot long.

A wooden model of a 1907 Rolls-Royce 'Silver Ghost',

Edited by SimonAudi
More Detail
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, SimonAudi said:

I made his (Richard Blizzard) 1907 Rolls Royce Silver Ghost from Solid Oak about 20 years ago - So I have the skills - but do not want to waste 6 hours of my life making something I can buy..  but each to his own....  Good Luck - But there is one on ebay for £50 + delivery.... second hand.

Would you be able to post a link to this please, I've searched high and low on eBay and couldn't find anything! Even got new item notifications setup but nothing has come through. 

Just found it! But doesn't look like it comes with brackets and screws. 

Edited by Jonny118118

On ‎20‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 16:59, Sko_Go said:

Not sure I follow this...

Second shelf for £50-60 (new price ~£99)...

Each (new) side bracket is £11.86 INC VAT (I have just checked with my local VAG dealer) - x2 are needed

Each (new) socket bolt is £1.02 (apparently x6 are required)

This would total £89.84, assuming you paid £60 for a second hand shelf.

Are you suggesting it's cheaper to buy all of this from Germany?

I think what he's saying is that postage for the shelf itself with it being rather bulky may be quite expensive to someone selling privately. ;) This may well take the total price to over £100 and they can be had brand new including postage from Germany for just over £100 so some may prefer to pay a couple of quid more and get everything brand new.

***EDIT*** Just realised Simon replied himself quite a while ago. :D

Edited by WaveyDavey
  • Like 1

One of the ones I've messaged has got back to me, quoting £60 + VAT and £14 courier, this includes the brackets and screws. If I've worked this out correctly it comes to about £86 all in. 

Would you say that's a good deal? 

Edited by Jonny118118

As long as it's in good condition that might not be too bad. I've seen them go for £50-60 for the whole kit on here or the VW Up! Owners forums. 

I went new because it was a new car and I know someone who works at VW who used their staff discount to get me everything for £108 and don't forget when you get rid of the car you take it out and sell it on for whatever the going rate is at the time so even paying £115-125 you'll get a lot of that back etc....

• Like 1

On 2/22/2017 at 10:17, Jonny118118 said:

One of the ones I've messaged has got back to me, quoting £60 + VAT and £14 courier, this includes the brackets and screws. If I've worked this out correctly it comes to about £86 all in. 

Would you say that's a good deal? 

Hi

For anyone who lives near Horsham West Sussex - bargain floor on Ebay at £30 (no brackets) - collection only.

eBay item number:

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am after a used skoda with a variable boot floor. It is such a good idea and I need it for my bike. However, the new tax system comes in and I would probably mess up a new car. However, I cannot find a used car with it in which is strange. I did read someone say they purchased one off ebay as a garage was going to ask for an astronomical fee. They said it was quite easy to put in. Can anyone offer any advice

You can buy all the bits and fit yourself in about 30 to 60 minutes

It costs more than if you buy it on a new car but its an easy retrofit.

So if you can find a car thats available that you like dont wait on finding one with the boot floor in.

It's only 6 13mm bolts and it's in, took me under 10 mins. If you really want it it's worth paying for it, you'll get most of it back when you sell the car and sell the floor used and it's so helpful to have, it's worth the £122. That said if you are having a new car from a dealer, work it in to your negotiating with them. You will certainly save time that way as they are rarely good value used.

• 2 months later...
On 2017-3-25 at 16:22, SashaGrace said:

It's only 6 13mm bolts and it's in, took me under 10 mins. If you really want it it's worth paying for it, you'll get most of it back when you sell the car and sell the floor used and it's so helpful to have, it's worth the £122. That said if you are having a new car from a dealer, work it in to your negotiating with them. You will certainly save time that way as they are rarely good value used.

Thanks to all the posters on here - just did the same. £128 from Skoda for the parts. Fitted in 10mins. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/20/2017 at 16:59, Sko_Go said:

<SNIP>

Are you suggesting it's cheaper to buy all of this from Germany?

Does anyone have a link to this firm in Germany?