Shot down in flames.......

WaveyDavey

Used the Citigo in the rain over the weekend and realised it has the "semi-automatic" wipers that go from "on" to "intermittent" when you pull up in traffic and then back to "on" again when you set off again. Thought that wasn't too bad for a little city car as obviously not expecting to have full auto wipers like my Superb has etc.....

So got home all impressed with myself for discovering something new on the car only to be told by the Mrs that "errrr derrrrr..... yeah i knew that ages ago!!!" :rolleyes:

I'll get mi coat. :D

• Like 1

Been there, done that!

I tend not to make comparisons to my Yeti now, or be surprised what the Citigo (or in my wife's case Seat Mii) does. It's a great little car and is currently causing us a problem deciding what to replace it with as the PCP is coming to the end soon and It's not worth the "balloon" payment.

Fred

2 hours ago, g6zru said:

Been there, done that!

I tend not to make comparisons to my Yeti now, or be surprised what the Citigo (or in my wife's case Seat Mii) does. It's a great little car and is currently causing us a problem deciding what to replace it with as the PCP is coming to the end soon and It's not worth the "balloon" payment.

Fred

Have you looked at some of the PCH deals on Citigo at the moment? 

They seem to be the way to go nowadays.

42 minutes ago, DaveLees said:

Have you looked at some of the PCH deals on Citigo at the moment? 

They seem to be the way to go nowadays.

I know when we were looking in September the lease deals were no where near as competitive as the PCP deals when it came to the Citigo. 

May have changed in the last few months though obviously. 

We bought ours outright with the savings. It is a 63 plate with only 20k miles on it. For about £4-5k you can bag a good low mileage one.

I'm impressed with the little car. Used it to get in to work the past week. Half a tank of fuel and 300 miles.

47 minutes ago, tanneman said:

We bought ours outright with the savings. It is a 63 plate with only 20k miles on it. For about £4-5k you can bag a good low mileage one.

I'm impressed with the little car. Used it to get in to work the past week. Half a tank of fuel and 300 miles.

Same here, bought it right out, 65 plate with 1500 miles and afew added extras for that little sporty look. Very good deal at £5k with free delivery.. It was bought online which was a smooth purchase. 

23 minutes ago, Jonny118118 said:

Same here, bought it right out, 65 plate with 1500 miles and afew added extras for that little sporty look. Very good deal at £5k with free delivery.. It was bought online which was a smooth purchase. 

Wow! That's a good deal. I thought I had done well with an 11 month old Elegance with 1,700 miles on the clock for £6.5K.

Edited by ronime
  • Like 1

Listen out for a little tick sound from under the steering wheel area at the start and finish of each back-and-forth of the wipers when on intermittent. If you do hear such a thing, then the wipers are still being run by an olde-worlde moving-parts relay. In recent-ish cars these are no longer separate plug/unplug cheaply replaceable items, but soldered to a PCB in an expensive module.

With a bit of luck by now, solid-state devices are doing this job and you won't hear any ticking?

55 minutes ago, ronime said:

Is the "auto wipers" thing a recent specification change? Not sure my late 2014 Elegance has this, there is no mention of it in the handbook.

Mine has these wipers and I've got a 65 plate SE. I quite like it though. It's good. 

They just go down a setting when you come to a stop basically. 

Edited by Jonny118118

Yeah it's not fully auto wipers like I have on the Superb where they come on and off as and when it rains..... I'd call these semi-auto as when you have them on normal and you pull up they drop down to intermittent until you pull away again when they go back up to on. 

• Like 1