My stolen Monte Carlo!

BeeBee

Hello everyone. 

I got myself my beautiful monte carlo in April last year. Yellow body, black alloys and roof. I fell in love with my car.

I have been reading bits and bobs on this forum for a little while. I apologise if this is in the wrong place!

So... anyway. My beaut was taken from me. My keys were taken in my sleep on Saturday morning and the idiot decided to curb the car and skid it against a wall.

Dents, scratches. Nothing too bad. Broken wheel and suspension and wishbone.

I don't want to go through insurance. They will try to write off my car! So has anyone got any advice for dents scratchs and all the other damages. Anyone got some spare wheels? Bits and bobs laying about that I can pay for off of yourselves to help my baby get back on the road. 

Will update with photos once I see my car. The police have finally let it out of hold today after 5 days of being car less!

Sorry to hear your car was stolen, it's one of the things I dread!

I don't know if it's just me, but I've always said that if it was stolen, i wouldn't want it back! Especially if it was damaged etc.

Either way, I hope you get it fixed and back on the road soon. :-)

• Like 2

Very sorry to hear this.

Personally I agree with ally on this. I had an accident in my fabia over 3 years ago now, my own fault admittedly but it was never the same afterwards, still having problems with it to this day, in hindsight I wish they'd written mine off, but at the same time it's my pride and joy.

I've got a spare set of standard springs and shocks for a vrs, I believe they're the same. Bought them off someone on here about a year or so ago planning to fit them and maybe rid the issues with my handling but come to the conclusion the suspension had no part to play. only done about 4000 miles.

if you have the gigaro alloys I'd heavily suggest browsing ebay a couple of times a week. I got a perfect one for only £30 on there. Good luck.

I know who exactly taken it because she took my keys in my sleep. So no lock damage. She has admitted to it to the police and said will pay for damages (an air on conscience has overcome the fool). I care more for the car than I do for her. To go from a rattling '06 old shape corsa to my skoda was a massive personal step and I simply do not have the funds to get another car in the same class as that! 

I will be seeing it in the next few hours so I will get photos. Daz1412 I will let you know if I can grab them springs. 

20 minutes ago, Offski said:

You might not want to Claim through your insurance but best be sure if your insurance need notified.

Sound advice - especially if the police are involved.  Could cause problems if you haven't notified your insurers.

A neighbour's Passat (electric "handbrake") recently rolled into my pride & joy, causing £500 of damage.

Both insurance companies were more than happy for us to settle privately with no consequential loss of NCB or increase in premium.

Hopefully will be the same for you.

Sorry to hear your news and hope you get it all sorted.

Welcome to Briskoda

The insurance are aware and have been nothing but a pain to me. Almost trying to scare me to go through insurance. Now I am not for them equating the damages to all new replacements and writing off the car. 

I also have a fixed loan agreement on my car. So luckily if it is an insurance job. I will not be our of pocket with no car as the finance have no interest in my car. 

I know I will need some new alloys. At least one. Probably one *fingers crossed*. Right at the moment if I can just get it to drive I don't care what it looks like. I use my car for work and it has been a massive struggle. 

I do. But I am also not bothered about trying to learn to do as much as I can for myself. If it drives and has dents and scratches I can work on that in my own time. Replacing wheels and breaks I have done loads of times. Suspension is not something I have dealt with and not sure if it is out of my remit. However if I can do it myself... I am going to. It is saving money for me in the long run and I get my car back.

Will have a look in the For Sales category. Thanks! 

jesus christ, both driver and passanger side? that's gonna cost a fair bit and surely be a fair bit of work. that looks a fair bit of work before you even take into consideration the damage to suspension. 

I'd seriously consider insurance in this case. 

• Like 3

As well as the obvious It's going to be hard to judge suspension damage - espicially as damage such as this can also crease suspension/body mounts. Drive shafts can be compromised as well (usually show up on the first motorway run!)

and steering racks can be bent (I mean the rack within the steering rack assembly)

I'd recommend going down the insurance route..

• Like 1

That is not my car luckily! I was surprised to see very little damage (couple of scratches) on the body work. She instead went for my alloys and tyres on the passenger side... alongside stealing my CDs.

Here is my car... damage on passenger side

20170216_173743.jpg

20170216_173335.jpg

20170216_173752.jpg

My issue is obviously I have no clue what is going on underneath. It could be a write off. From what I seen... I will happy pay 1k to get it fixed. I want my car back. Other cars just don't match to it! Plus the insurance... I will loose my NCD and will have to pay £150+ a month for insurance (already looked at quotes). So that 1k will be easily spent over a year of paying through the nose for insurance.

I have a fixed term car loan for the car. So luckily if insurance is the option... then I will have the money to buy a new car and keep up with my car loan payments as the finance have no interest in my car. 

Wishbone. Suspension. Wheels. Looks like the curbs had cheese graters attached. 

The idiot decided to take my CDs as well. Managed to get them back now along with the keys to my car which the police let her walk away with. 

30 minutes ago, BeeBee said:

That is not my car luckily! I was surprised to see very little damage (couple of scratches) on the body work. She instead went for my alloys and tyres on the passenger side... alongside stealing my CDs.

Here is my car... damage on passenger side

20170216_173743.jpg

20170216_173335.jpg

20170216_173752.jpg

Ah ok sorry put 2 and 2 together and got 5 :o

• Like 1

It's a twoc. The girl has admitted to it and they have finally taken it off police hold (this happened on Saturday morning). They could not do forensics as she has been a passenger in the past. So police hold for all this time I don't know why. I finally had someone take my statement at 1am this morning. 

Going to hopefully get it out today (with a £270 impound fee). 

The car is out the impound! New steering arm, Ball joint, Break disc (was in half), ball joint. Looking for some alloys now if anyone have seen any at a reasonable price?

My poor baby...

20170217_165037.jpg

20170217_161345.jpg

20170217_160824.jpg

6 hours ago, BeeBee said:

It's a twoc. The girl has admitted to it and they have finally taken it off police hold (this happened on Saturday morning). They could not do forensics as she has been a passenger in the past. So police hold for all this time I don't know why. I finally had someone take my statement at 1am this morning. 

Going to hopefully get it out today (with a £270 impound fee). 

I wouldn't be too happy about paying £270 to get my now smashed up car back,it's not your fault it ended up there so why should you have to pay?

Edited by pee81