1.4 TSI SE Manual Road tax

19 minutes ago, timxue said:

Hello there,I bought my 63reg octy 1.4 Se Manual last month,and Road tax cost £110 annual.

My question is why some same spc(1.4 tsi Manual) octy only cost £30?

Wheel size...

Officially a 1.4TSI Octavia III with 16" wheels has CO2 emissions of 119g/km and hence £30 Road Tax, but with 17" wheels it's 121g/km and hence £110 Road Tax.

Having said that, it seems to depend on what data Skoda UK (or the dealer?) supplied to DVLA as some 1.4s with 17" wheels show 119g/km on their V5C and hence only pay £30 Road Tax. It seems to be the luck of the draw...

• Like 1

Mine is £30, (applied up to the 120 emission figure) with original 16" wheels. But apparently the whole system is changing from this April, and going up again - not sure what it is going up to though, possibly the £110 mark?

Edited by ednmra

1 hour ago, SWBoy said:

Wheel size...

Officially a 1.4TSI Octavia III with 16" wheels has CO2 emissions of 119g/km and hence £30 Road Tax, but with 17" wheels it's 121g/km and hence £110 Road Tax.

Having said that, it seems to depend on what data Skoda UK (or the dealer?) supplied to DVLA as some 1.4s with 17" wheels show 119g/km on their V5C and hence only pay £30 Road Tax. It seems to be the luck of the draw...

I agree with the luck of draw..  As I am pretty sure that my car is with 16" wheels and on my v5c show 121g/km.  

19 minutes ago, ednmra said:

Mine is £30, (applied up to the 120 emission figure) with original 16" wheels. But apparently the whole system is changing from this April, and going up again - not sure what it is going up to though, possibly the £110 mark? 

Thx for reply ednmra.

I did a lot work in briskoda before i skip 1.6TDI and go for 1.4 TSI. I red ur post a lot and know ur octy is exact same spc as mine .

on my v5 show 121g/km but urs only 191... Both with 16"wheels :)

40 minutes ago, ednmra said:

Applies to new cars (April 2017 onwards) only... Of course the Government will raise the other classes by more than the rate of inflation as usual.

I believe that the 16" / 17" divide on the 120g/km boundary was true for the original 140PS version of the 1.4TSi (mine is a 140PS on 17" wheels and I'm in the £110 bracket).

The newer 150PS upgrade came with a corresponding reduction in CO2, so got the larger wheels under the threshold.

Are you sure that your 63 plate didn't originally have larger wheels that somebody downgraded? Do you have other options that maybe put the weight up (that's clutching at straws a bit, as I think the real reason for the difference with the wheels is not weight, but the extra width putting the Cd up slightly).

4 hours ago, ednmra said:

The new system only applies to new registrations, not to currently registered cars.

Edit: just seen that VRjest beat me to it...

Edited by SWBoy

16 hours ago, timxue said:

not sure if first owner downgraded it to 16",but some 1.4 Tsi manual octy with 17" is £30.

Probably the newer 150PS version. Your 63 plate will be the 'original' 140PS version.

• Like 1