Will bike fit?

Hi everyone, just a quick question. I'm going after work to pick up my son's birthday present and wondering if it will fit in the boot of my 03 hatch. It's a boys mountain bike (assembled) size 24" wheels for ages 8-11.  Anyone carry bike of similar size?? I do have a carrier but will be easier if fits in boot with seats down. Thanks! 

It'll fit with the seats down, you just have to turn the front wheel pointing to the roof.

Or if it has a quick release front wheel take it off.

Mine's got a 2.4m fence post in it at the moment, acquired at lunctime, after the storms yesterday....

Edited by glosrich

Should not be a problem, as glosrich states. I fitted a similar sized bike into the back of my mkii estate, without needing any of the 'estate' part, if you see what I mean! 

Fitted a household door in the back of my Dad's hatch the other day. One end rested against the back of the front seats and the hatch closed right down - spacious, is the word!

3 minutes ago, vRSAnt said:

Pinch self is this a question in Octy forum? Check !

I've had a medium sized Chais Longue in the back of mine - pretty sure a kids bike should be no problem :D

I've just taken a cement mixer our of my MkII :-)

4 hours ago, Corrida15 said:

Hi everyone, just a quick question. I'm going after work to pick up my son's birthday present and wondering if it will fit in the boot of my 03 hatch. It's a boys mountain bike (assembled) size 24" wheels for ages 8-11.  Anyone carry bike of similar size?? I do have a carrier but will be easier if fits in boot with seats down. Thanks! 

Easily. 29 inch large men's MTB fits with front wheel off (the front wheel off the bike, for any pedants). Have a large sheet to hand to protect the car from mud / oil / dust

I've literally just come inside from putting my daughter's similar sized bike in our wagon/estate. It fitted in by just putting the '40' split seat down, rear wheel through that gap. Although from where one of the handles is I don't think it would fit in the hatch.