Octavia gear selector problem

Right guys, my 2007 Octavia (1.6FSI, 5 speed manual) has started having problems selecting 5th gear. Sometimes when driving it goes into 5th fine, other times it doesn't. 
I tried the shifter cable reset procedure once, it felt a bit better changing gear, but was still temperamental getting into 5th. I wondered if I'd got it wrong or if the bowden cable end had lost one of the bits of plastic that grip the cable.

In looking at it a second time (properly), I've discovered that the gear selector lever seems to have lost the clip on the end, so the whole L-shape piece moves left to right meaning if it's moved to the left, you can't get the selector to go into 5th gear.

In the diagram, I'm talking about part no 4, which has lost clip no 3 and therefore moves left to right.

octavia-mk2-6014.png

Here's what it looks like on my car without the clip:
gear-selector-lever.jpg

And what it looks like when it's moved out of place, meaning you can't select 5th gear:
gear-selector-lever2.jpg

I'm thinking once I've got the part (which the Workshop Manual calls a "relay lever"), I can just pull off the cables/bowdens, slip the new one in and clip it, then replace the cables (followed by a shifter cable reset).
Also is it worth replacing the bowden clips at the same time?

So the question is, what is that part and what's the part number?
(I already visited the local dealer who's part's person wasn't away)

Can anyone help?

Edited by DubFan

Might as well update this with my fix in case anyone else has the same issue.

So I ordered the parts:
5K0711203 - relay lever
N90815903 - washer (for the bottom of the two cable ends)
1K0711761B - cable end catch (bowden) - for the bottom cable
1J0711761B - cable end catch (bowden) - for the top cable (although I got two of the first type in the original order so had to re-use my old one initially)
1K0711522 - clip - the bit that holds the relay lever into place, without this I was struggling to select 5th gear.

Here's the old relay lever, note the broken bit where there should be some form of plastic clip to stop it sliding out.
DSCN0461a.jpg

New vs old parts
DSCN0462a.jpg

And fitted:
DSCN0465a.jpg

Fitting is pretty simple:
1) Pull springs on cable catch ends and twist to lock (as per gear shift reset procedure)
2) Unclip cable catch end from relay lever (top cable)
3) Unclip metal clip holding bottom cable catch end on the shifter
4) Pull both cable catch ends off the cables
5) Pull out relay lever to the left
6) Insert new relay lever, attach all important white clip to the end
7) Attach new cable catch ends to the cables (compress the springs and lock in place before doing this)
8) Attach bottom cable catch end to the shifter and attach metal clip to hold in place
9) Attach top cable catch end to relay lever, this just clips into place without a metal clip
Everything should now be back in place and moving nicely.
10) Perform the gear shift reset procedure (as per this video: https://youtu.be/eeOoDJuhSx8

11) Test drive.

Job done.

I would have got it sorted sooner, but according to the dealer's parts system, my car shouldn't have needed either the white clip or the second type of cable catch end/bowden, but this meant I had to go back twice to get the right bits.
About £60 in parts all in and about half an hour of my labour (after hours of internet research working it out). Pleased with the outcome and the gear change is better too.

• Like 4