Samsung A3 (2016) via Bluetooth Issues..

skodaTDI

I have a Samsung A3 (2016), recently upgraded the OS to Marshmallow (6.0.1).  Now when I connect to my Fabia mk3 under Bluetooth, the once appearing Battery indicator (under the previous OS - Lollipop) now doesn't appear.  Anyone else had this issue?  Is there a setting under Marshmallow, or, is it a case of resyncing the phone with the car?

Also, the phone used to always connect automatically under bluetooth, however, at the moment I am having to go through the 'Select Phone..' on the toucscreen of the Fabia to connect to the phone.  Has anyone overcome this to sort the syncing problem permanently, so that you never have to bother with the selecting phone option ever again?  As always, any help appreciated..

1 hour ago, skodaTDI said:

I have a Samsung A3 (2016), recently upgraded the OS to Marshmallow (6.0.1).  Now when I connect to my Fabia mk3 under Bluetooth, the once appearing Battery indicator (under the previous OS - Lollipop) now doesn't appear.  Anyone else had this issue?  Is there a setting under Marshmallow, or, is it a case of resyncing the phone with the car?

Also, the phone used to always connect automatically under bluetooth, however, at the moment I am having to go through the 'Select Phone..' on the toucscreen of the Fabia to connect to the phone.  Has anyone overcome this to sort the syncing problem permanently, so that you never have to bother with the selecting phone option ever again?  As always, any help appreciated..

Have you got the app ?? Called android auto 

You may have to delete your old phone from the infotainment system?

Android auto connects through the USB port to give you Google maps,music,Spotify etc.

• Like 1

I don't have an old phone in the entertainment system - I have the same phone.. it had Android 5 (Lollipop) on it as standard (when I bough it), now it has Android 6 (Marshmallow) on it.. that's the only change.. I'm not bothered about Android Auto, or anything else.. it's just a question of what is it that has changed between the two versions of Android to stop the battery status being sent via Bluetooth.. the mobile phone signal strength is still sent, just no longer the battery indicator - is there a new setting somewhere under Marshmallow, or do I have to resync with the car?  And can anyone answer the 2nd question I raised?  Thanks.

I think what Rick w was trying to say because you have a different os technically it might be the car is not syncing properly and as the first steps to self diagnosis it might be prudent of you to delete phone from car and resync

It might  won't cure it but that would be the first thing I would try myself

(IE turn it off and turn it back on again fixes most technology faults ) 

In marshmallow you can opt for battery percentage on the phone icon in the top right it is turned off usually natively it may be a case of activating it 

• Like 1

For what it's worth i had very similar things with my old Samsung A3 and also my new Samsung A5.

For whatever reason, if there are other phone profiles stored in the Infotainment system, then auto connects were then hit or miss. on my setup anyway. Even if i remove other profiles excepy mine it would still be flaky.

The only way for me to get it to work 100% is to remove ALL profiles, including my own. Then re-add just my main Samsung phone.

It might not sound ideal, but it's worth a go just to see if it works then you will know. And its not a huge amount of time etc. At most you will have to re-add your favourites on the screen.

• Like 1

Just delete the Bluetooth connection on the radio and your mobile.

Then reconnect it again, it should be ok.

Have you tried turning it off and on again....It crowd etc.

The battery indicator still works fine with my S7 Edge now it's updated to Nougat, and it was fine under Marshmallow too. It's not due to the build of Android per se, but must be to do with Samsung's implementation on that device. Weird that it's different to the S7 though. 

• Like 1