Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.

On 30/11/2021 at 19:42, TerFar said:

That is my 'carbon neutral' solution. 🤣

Only if someone will buy it from you as offset.

Edited by nta16
Please note - I am not a mechanic or expert in anything.
  • Haha 1

...Of course, every time one starts the car, one moves off and starts driving, doesn't one? Otherwise, that would skew the figures, if one day you did, another you didn't. 

As for the final reckoning, I doubt even St Peter himself wants to trawl through all that data. And lets be frank, he don't even exist! You will be dead and have a nicely documented file of paper, for your living rellies, to burn! (I am biting hard on my tongue, which is very firmly placed in my cheek, here).

As there doesnt seem to be a window on the Tell You Log to tell you what the MPG is am I right in concluding it was yet another chocolate teapot that does the same job as me writing on the petrol pump card reciept how many miles & how many litres before resetting the trip and then doing mental arithmetic?

The crazy thing about my malarial brain damage is that I am more than capable of converting the litres to gallons then dividing them into the miles driven to get the MPG in my head whilst driving but am not capable of retaining the initial figures for 30 seconds in my memory to do the calculation after I have driven off.

• Like 1

At least theses are in organised logs I've seen gloveboxes absolutely full of paper with figures on the back of till receipts and envelopes, imagine the family having to get those into chronological order.  For some with very long term ownership of the vehicle it becomes habit and part of the ownership.  No different really to other recording like taking photos of the vehicle, unless it includes a selfie and you see how badly you might age (depending on the amount of make up and filters you use on these images).

My wife saves a pocket/handbag-size diary from each year and about every decade I'll foolishly ask a question that gives her the opportunity to search through these and give an answer which she "wouldn't be able to do if the diaries had not been kept". 🙁

Edited by nta16

10 minutes ago, J.R. said:

there doesnt seem to be a window on the Tell You Log to tell you what the MPG

Well to be fair it only seems to be advertising to tell you what you have logged, the companion TelUtheMPGcalculator would be a much bigger and more complicated machine.  The TelUlog is a bit like a handwhisk to a modern calculator's food processor.

16 hours ago, nta16 said:

I think Raglan, definitely Wales.

the interweb agrees it's  Raglan (I posted a link, but this site has kindly provided the picture - there is (now) a circuitus link in the meta data)

CastleFront.jpg

• Thanks 2

Yes that's it thanks, scaffolding and hedge have gone in the 20+ years.

I remembered three castles we went to Grosmont, Raglan and I wasn't sure if I had the right name of White Castle, but I had, but I'd also forgot we went to Skenfrith as well, all small ruins but fantastic to visit at that time of year, very atmospheric and the Czech car was ideal for the snow.

It was on our 3 day honeymoon, in different B&Bs - but posh as we'd gone to a foreign country.

Edited by nta16
  • Like 1