Brisky Racing - Snetterton - Monday 6th November - NO PUBLIC

BossFox

@BossFox What's the cut off date for booking onto this?

Having never done any kind of track day before, part of my thinks that I'd be in the way of more experienced drivers however no public and instruction available seems like a much better place to start!

I'd also have to drive the Superb, as not yet acquired any kind of "toy" car. I think I'll make another post for my newbie questions and if I should do it or not.

If not this particular time, is watching out for another day like this the best way to start out with track days?

Cheers,

Steve

4 hours ago, spk said:

@BossFox What's the cut off date for booking onto this?

Having never done any kind of track day before, part of my thinks that I'd be in the way of more experienced drivers however no public and instruction available seems like a much better place to start!

I'd also have to drive the Superb, as not yet acquired any kind of "toy" car. I think I'll make another post for my newbie questions and if I should do it or not.

If not this particular time, is watching out for another day like this the best way to start out with track days?

Cheers,

Steve

You may get in the way of experienced drivers, but as a track day, you wouldn't really be holding anyone up and everyone should respect one another and respect that each car is different and each drivers experience lever is different, there is no overtaking on corners (unless the corner is a long sweeping corner, if this is the case it will be made known during the drivers breifing) and only overtaking on straights, so if someone is behind you through a corner, once you exit, just pop the right indicator on, move over and allow the car to pass (sometimes you may have to slow down to allow a car to pass, as some cars can be slower than yours, but much faster through the corners, which again comes down to the car and the drivers experience).

In my experience the best track days for new starters are with Richard, I've never had any bother on a trackday organised by him, only ever some trouble on days not organised by him (which is kind of to be expected). 

I'll let @BossFox reply with the cut off date as I'm not sure myself, but if there's ever someone new to trackdays, Richards I would say are the safest

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hi spk, Steve

Best way is to have a go. You can go out for one session or all day.

Talk to a few people there and take a few passenger rides to get a feel for how it works. I’d me happy to give you a ride, no doubt others would too.

Richards session will have less cars than a general session so is easier to get a bit of track to yourself.

Drive as fast as you want, or as slow as you wish. As said when someone comes up behind just indicate and move over.

There is always a faster car there. (For us normal people anyway) at least when we are all part of the same group we care about each other more.

As my main daily car I get track insurance too. For my or someone else’s mistake. Rare but happens. And you cover damage to your car however and by whoever caused.

Last words, it’s bloody brilliant!!

Cheers

Kevin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes it is an MSV day.

I prefer that as it's their track.

We will have a couple of A grade race driver instructors so anyone that has concerns please find me on the day,  I will make sure you get them to sit in with you for a few laps to help build your confidence.

On a public day MSV book in 80 cars,  on a track day operator days it can be 85.

The fact we keep it to 60-66 makes quite a difference as there will be less cars out there which means less hold ups, traffic, frustration and therefore better track etiquette.

It's a long lap at Snetterton so with those numbers you should have plenty of space.

Edited by BossFox
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, mk4gtiturbo said:

Possibly two places for me but can I let you know next week or would that be too late?

There are 11 spaces at the moment, so some time.

It just depends if and when it fills up as I have no control over when people pay and book.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, jvdberg said:

Richard, will there be passenger tickets available on the day? If so, how much will these be?

£10 for passengers on the day payable directly to MSV. Doesn't guarantee passenger rides, you'd need to find someone who wanted to take you out :)

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, WookieeM said:

Project Cars Snetterton practice over next few days to learn the track.

Had a few laps on Proj cars the other night - really struggling with the last left hander before main straight.

Though I was in a P1 

3 hours ago, evtilsley said:

Is there a format for the day.. briefing.. sighting laps?

This is not the 'Official information' for our day, but from an MSV Snetterton general day, and the general timing for most of these events to be fair.

07:30 Sign On
08:30 Briefing
09:00 Track Time Starts
12:00 Lunch Time
13:00 Track Time Resumes
DUSK Track Time Ends

*Actual times may vary as I copied this from elsewhere disclaimer!!

And for the last bend, take the long right very wide and sweep back in to the right at the end, allowing braking time to then lob it round the tight left hander. At least that's what I do in Project Cars. But little room for error and if you bugger up its not good.

Edited by WookieeM
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, WookieeM said:

And for the last bend, take the long right very wide and sweep back in to the right at the end, allowing braking time to then lob it round the tight left hander. At least that's what I do in Project Cars. But little room for error and if you bugger up its not good.

Yeh,  been practising as well, take it wide come in tight, drift out, bang off the nearest car to ride a bit of speed off or rub door handles to keep on track round bend. Hit the rear bumper of car in front to brake, they go straight on and you take the tight left like a king,.. proper job. :)

Weather looking good thankfully as I’ve got no heater... wipers.. screen, roof  and a few other non essential bits. Looking forward to perambulating round, hopefully not getting in the way too much :) 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, WookieeM said:

Edited 11 hours ago by

Hmmm sounds good.. you've got your first passenger request !

• Like 1