Come forward if you have bluetooth

Fitted 5K0 035 730D to swing and recently fitted RNS315 with Bluetooth already in it :) 

really easy instalation. You will need a T20 screw driver to remove radio, I placed the box under glove compartment secured with zip ties (legit I know), I the ran the mic from the little grill in the sunglasses/light which you can gain access to by removing the lens with a flat head, or trim removal tool.

you will need a Philips screwdriver to remove light iteself and you will then be able to pop the mic into factory mounting area. You then run the lead from there down the left Apillar, you will need to remove the left blanking plate on the side of the dash when you open the door and pull the rubber seal out slightly so you can run the mic into the footwell and into the Bluetooth box. 

The Bluetooth box plugs into the radio by plugging the cars radio plug into the female part of the Bluetooth loom and the male side into the radio. I ran the Bluetooth loom down the back left of the center console and it will appear in the passenger footwell. 

Then you will need to use VCDS to tell the maxi dot (if you have one) that the cars got Bluetooth so you can see it on the maxi dot. The radio should pick up the Bluetooth kit without coding. 

Sorry for long reply which probably doesn't help!! Lol

Edited by JGrindel
adding extra info
  • Like 2

47 minutes ago, JGrindel said:

Fitted 5K0 035 730D to swing and recently fitted RNS315 with Bluetooth already in it :) 

really easy instalation. You will need a T20 screw driver to remove radio, I placed the box under glove compartment secured with zip ties (legit I know), I the ran the mic from the little grill in the sunglasses/light which you can gain access to by removing the lens with a flat head, or trim removal tool.

you will need a Philips screwdriver to remove light iteself and you will then be able to pop the mic into factory mounting area. You then run the lead from there down the left Apillar, you will need to remove the left blanking plate on the side of the dash when you open the door and pull the rubber seal out slightly so you can run the mic into the footwell and into the Bluetooth box. 

The Bluetooth box plugs into the radio by plugging the cars radio plug into the female part of the Bluetooth loom and the male side into the radio. I ran the Bluetooth loom down the back left of the center console and it will appear in the passenger footwell. 

Then you will need to use VCDS to tell the maxi dot (if you have one) that the cars got Bluetooth so you can see it on the maxi dot. The radio should pick up the Bluetooth kit without coding. 

Sorry for long reply which probably doesn't help!! Lol

Right mate so you use it with swing radio? How's the quality of it all? And without me sounding stupid what's rns315?

And where did you order the kit from genuine vw kit?

18 minutes ago, Grantwebster said:

Right mate so you use it with swing radio? How's the quality of it all? And without me sounding stupid what's rns315?

And where did you order the kit from genuine vw kit?

The Kit I got was really nice, Bluetooth audio was much better than my parrot kit I had installed before, with the swing radio it just says phone when someone calls, you can't actually control the unit from the radio but you can with the maxi dot and the toggle buttons on the right wiper stalk. I got the kit off eBay with a loom. 

The RNS315 (Amundsen+) is the upgraded radio unit for the fabia which includes a touch screen and sat nav and some units come with Bluetooth and dab inbuilt into the unit. These are just plug and play units which is nice but do cost more than just a Bluetooth kit itself. 

2 hours ago, Grantwebster said:

This number you gave me would that unit work in a 2013 car? Not sure what year yours is 

My car is a 2010 facelift fabia, which means its the same electronics as yours basically. You dont have to go with the model I mentioned as I cant find it either. 

This list shows the different models and what year they where made (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting) I beleive the 5k0 350 730 D is the same as the 7P6-035-730-E and 7P6-035-730-J 

With Maxi-dot you can also install the Premium Bluetooth kit if you use select phones that support rsap (generally Samsung, not sure exactly which others but not iPhone!). Not sure if this works with the Stream stereo as I installed the Bolero from the early Superb in my wife's Fabia. This then uses your phone as a 'SIM host' and the car controls the signal etc. Gives a much stronger phone signal as it includes it's own aerial rather than relying on the phone - either a stick on one to attached to the roof under the roof lining, or you can upgrade the radio aerial on the roof to include the phone rsap aerial connector (and even sat nav gps).

I also installed the kit with MDI as well.

On 3/13/2017 at 12:22, JGrindel said:

sorry for asking an off-topic, am I able to use a bluetooth kit (for music streaming and phone calls) if I don't have in my fabia a maxi dot?

On 13/03/2017 at 17:45, JGrindel said:

My car is a 2010 facelift fabia, which means its the same electronics as yours basically. You dont have to go with the model I mentioned as I cant find it either. 

This list shows the different models and what year they where made (http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index.php/Telephone_Retrofitting) I beleive the 5k0 350 730 D is the same as the 7P6-035-730-E and 7P6-035-730-J 

Sorry mate but cant make head nor tail of that index could you help me out?

I've just removed my Bluetooth unit today, I can get part numbers tomorrow if you need them.

Mine came factory fitted on my 2012 Monte Carlo with a swing headunit but also has maxidot dash.

I've retrofitted a Columbus and it links up straight away and gives a good phone screen menu on the Columbus as well as the maxidot dash.

Im not sure how well the Bluetooth works without maxidot, it costs £335 when new and think that includes maxidot dash and the Bluetooth device.

9 hours ago, hutchysrs50 said:

I've just removed my Bluetooth unit today, I can get part numbers tomorrow if you need them.

Mine came factory fitted on my 2012 Monte Carlo with a swing headunit but also has maxidot dash.

I've retrofitted a Columbus and it links up straight away and gives a good phone screen menu on the Columbus as well as the maxidot dash.

Im not sure how well the Bluetooth works without maxidot, it costs £335 when new and think that includes maxidot dash and the Bluetooth device.

Yes mate if you can get part numbers be over the moon of the Bluetooth module or are you selling the module and loom? 

11 minutes ago, Grantwebster said:

Yes mate if you can get part numbers be over the moon of the Bluetooth module or are you selling the module and loom? 

No worries I'll get a few pictures for you this afternoon.

Nothing for sale I'm afraid, just doing some work on the project car so stripping bits off.

1 hour ago, hutchysrs50 said:

No worries I'll get a few pictures for you this afternoon.

Nothing for sale I'm afraid, just doing some work on the project car so stripping bits off.

Yes if you can mate mine is a 2013 fabia so should be same module and loom and I have swing radio and maxidot so if its worked on yours that's brill

18 hours ago, Barchechath said:

sorry for asking an off-topic, am I able to use a bluetooth kit (for music streaming and phone calls) if I don't have in my fabia a maxi dot?

If you don't have maxidot you need the 5K0 or 7P6 module, they work fine and the latter ones should support Bluetooth audio streaming - fitted one to my sisters Octavia without Maxidot without any issues. You MUST have maxidot if you want to use the Premium modules 3C8 or 5N0.

13 minutes ago, MarkTB said:

If you don't have maxidot you need the 5K0 or 7P6 module, they work fine and the latter ones should support Bluetooth audio streaming - fitted one to my sisters Octavia without Maxidot without any issues. You MUST have maxidot if you want to use the Premium modules 3C8 or 5N0.

What's difference between premium module and not? I do have maxidot

Edited by Grantwebster

Just unearthed a Bluetooth Module while clearing out my spare room. It is a 5N0 035 730 A, I've no use for it as I've changed to a 2014 SEAT Leon with factory bluetooth. Feel free to look into if this will work with any of your Head Units. Currently on eBay for £57, would sell for a much better price to a fellow Briskodian.

Edited by S400DDS

18 minutes ago, S400DDS said:

Just unearthed a Bluetooth Module while clearing out my spare room. It is a 5N0 035 730 A, I've no use for it as I've changed to a 2014 SEAT Leon with factory bluetooth. Feel free to look into if this will work with any of your Head Units. Currently on eBay for £57, would sell for a much better price to a fellow Briskodian.

What vehicle was it off mate? What year?

17 minutes ago, Grantwebster said:

What vehicle was it off mate? What year?

Ican't remember, think I bought it from a forum/ebay so not removed from my car.

Looking through eBay it seems to have been fitted to the following vehicles:
VW Golf Mk6

Skoda Superb Mk2

VW T5 Transporter Van

VW Passat 3C B6 R36