Thinking of Octavia VRS diesel auto

Hi Everyone

Looking for some advice/knowledge.

I currently drive a Fabia Monte Carlo Tech which i love however I have been given a car allowance by my company so looking for somehting a bit bigger/corporate for seeing clients etc and I think an Octavia VRS deisel auto is the way to go.

I keep looking online at the approved used site and for my budget im probably looking at around a 2014 to 2015 plate (priced between 15k and 18K) however ones with Sat Nav are few and far between. I undertsand at this age of car sat Nav was an added extra, can anyone tell me how many cars had it fitted?

I do need a Sat Nav for work purposes so would like it but am i going to be waiting forever and a year for one to come up for sale on a 14 or 15 plate with sat nav fitted?

Or as a plan B would this age of car have the smart link fitted (can use Sat Nav from my phone) or how much would it cost to have Sat Nav put in afterwards? is that possible?

Any help much appreciated!

Mark

Fit an after market standalone sat nav using a Brodit clip, route the cables behind the screen and down to the 12v socket and get a better solution with live traffic updates for lower cost?

I was in the same position as you. I kept my own car and stand alone sat nav for about 9 months and saved up the car allowance to cover both running costs and building up a cash pot for a car better suited to my business needs. A Mk1 Leon Cupra R without cruise control was hard work out and about for those 9mths/20k miles but it really helped towards paying for a decent high spec/low miles cruiser with everything I wanted on it. Keep the Fab for a while and save the car allowance up, you will benefit from it later as you will be able to get a 6 month old low miles fully loaded VRS and still have a cash pot to run it out of.

Not a vrs but 2015 65 plate dsg Scout with the Amundsen satnav. 

Have resorted to using my Garmin 5" instead, so "good" is the Amundsen! ..  only saying ... !

Amundsen nav became a standard fit in 2014 I believe, certainly my previous car which was Sept 14 registered had this so if your looking at 2014 - 2015 cars most should have at least that fitted.

Be careful, diesel ain't gonna impress to many customers in the near future. The 1.4TSI in elegance/SE L spec had Sat Nav as standard & in DSG form its a nicer place to spend a lot of time.

Forget my MPG you don't drive like me, you'd be in the low 40's with business use

Thanks for all your help 

can I assume the option of having Sat Nav fitted to a used car is not an option?

looks like I'm best waiting for the right car to come up for sale!

The Kenwood Garmin sat nav upgrade box can be fitted to the standard Bolero radio, it's an official Skoda upgrade, retails at £599 fitted.

See here

http://www.jardinemotors.co.uk/skoda/servicing-and-parts-offers/the-kenwood-navigation-upgrade---599-fully-fitted-including-vat/

It's a couple of boxes and GPS aerial that fit behind the dash. Had mine for 6 months now it's really good. TMC also.

Managed to get mine for £120 and fitted it myself. It's plug and play, glovebox out takes about an hour.

So that's an option.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Be careful, diesel ain't gonna impress to many customers in the near future.

Surely customers might like to think of their money being spent wisely.  Not much point pulling the environmental card; as trucks and busses with their engines running all day do a lot more harm than private cars which only travel around for an hour or two a day.

No your customers will do what their directors want so, when your customers car policy changes, change yours or get new customers cos your old customers are gonna leave you.

Upto you, save a few quid on fuel & risk losing your customers, yeah makes a lot of sense.