No indoor flashing red light after car is being locked

I am just wondering if i am missing something in my car as i can not see any flashing red light after locking it. i stared at it in dark quite sometimes to see if there was any flashing red light in the car, but nothing. there is very small something on the driver door, i was guessing that was the small red light which suppose to flash. i read the manual and it also suggested that once the car is being locked there should be some kind of flashing red light.

i can not see a button by the driver door which should be 'inside movement sensor' and it helps the alarm to go off once any movement detected inside the car after it is being locked.

There is a small red light on the top of the drivers door by the glass. It will flash every few seconds when the car is locked.

The interior sensors are up by the sunglass holder on the roof panel.

The button by the drivers door turns the interior sensors off, for example if you leave a dog or children in a locked car.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, glosrich said:

There is a small red light on the top of the drivers door by the glass. It will flash every few seconds when the car is locked.

The button by the drivers door turns the interior sensors off, for example if you leave a dog or children in a locked car.

That's the light i was talking about..but it doesn't flash at all. do you know if i have to do any setting for it from the infoteinment ?  I am gonna go and check the movement sensor as you said it is by the sunglasses holder. manual said it is in driver doors and it could be pressed and deactivate if needed.

1 hour ago, glosrich said:

yea, I have found the interior sensor button by the driver seat.

I have tested the immobiliser and it works fine..its just the light not flashing..does anyone know if it is really meant to flash or not for Octavia Elegance 2013?

Edited by automass

I think it times out eventually to save the battery. But mine does flash after the car is locked.

I 'claim' the invention of the over ride button.

I asked Cobra alarms about such a device ,around the early 1980s, when I often carried my little dog around. I emphasised that it was only for a short period , like petrol stations. With their help I fitted a little over ride switch. After that the idea became common. I have no proof of my story but I know.....

• Like 2

I note that if I press the lock button twice, the red light does not come on. A different kind of locking maybe.Page 55 of the manual explains. Double locking has the same effect as pressing the over ride button. Ie the doors could be opened from the inside.

Edited by gregoir
More info added
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, gregoir said:

I note that if I press the lock button twice, the red light does not come on. A different kind of locking maybe.Page 55 of the manual explains. Double locking has the same effect as pressing the over ride button. Ie the doors could be opened from the inside.

Mine doesn't work at all. I cant recall seeing it working since I bought it a month aago. yes, I also red the manual and what u said was correct. I spoke to my dealer and they suggested me to confirm with Skoda first wilhether it should flash or not..Skoda confirmed me that the little red led light on top of the driver door should flash when car is being locked from outside...so I am gonna  take my car end of the month for them to fix it.

I also mentioned that wing mirrors do not unfold with unlocking and corner lights do not come on when steering wheel is turned all the way to left and right..I will be happy if they fix them all.

17 minutes ago, automass said:

Mine doesn't work at all. I cant recall seeing it working since I bought it a month aago. yes, I also red the manual and what u said was correct. I spoke to my dealer and they suggested me to confirm with Skoda first wilhether it should flash or not..Skoda confirmed me that the little red led light on top of the driver door should flash when car is being locked from outside...so I am gonna  take my car end of the month for them to fix it.

I also mentioned that wing mirrors do not unfold with unlocking and corner lights do not come on when steering wheel is turned all the way to left and right..I will be happy if they fix them all.

Should your car have cornering fog lights then? Didn't think they were an option in 2013.  

Just now, automass said:

I also don't know...but i think its a matter of activating the option with diagnostic tool..

I think you will find Skoda won't do this. It's not something it was meant to have so not a problem. 

8 minutes ago, tigermad said:

I think you will find Skoda won't do this. It's not something it was meant to have so not a problem. 

Whatabout the wing mirrors..they fold with remote lock..but do not unfold.

1 minute ago, automass said:

Whatabout the wing mirrors..they fold with remote lock..but do not unfold.

Maybe the previous owner added an after market device to fold the mirrors in and it doesn't work right. Or it could be a genuine fault. Again folding mirrors were not standard but an option on most models. What model is yours? Is it an Elegance?

Yea,it is Elegance Decem 2013..folding mirror option is already in the infoteinment..but unfolding option is not there...

Just now, automass said:

Yea,it is Elegance Decem 2013..folding mirror option is already in the infoteinment..but unfolding option is not there...

Definitely get Skoda to look at this then. Doesn't sound right. 

Folding mirrors should automatically unfold, I can't remember whether it's when you unlock the car or when you turn the ignition on but there should be no manual intervention.

Interesting... I have to check on mine..  I know it worked before but I havent noticed it flashing in a while... maybe I just wasnt paying attention...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, toni8b said:

Interesting... I have to check on mine..  I know it worked before but I havent noticed it flashing in a while... maybe I just wasnt paying attention...

Its really interesting..I can't really recall whether it was working or not..but when i was reading the manual, it clicked on my mind.

Even though everything (including central locking,  alarm) is working fine but blinking light is the sign that immobiliser and alarm are activated and also if they are faulty blinking light will behave differently. so its kind of important that this blinking light is in working order.

P.S: I wish if i could fix it by myself like people are saying about door card.. is it easy to take the door card out to see the connection?.i really hate leaving my car with the dealer as they will delay me unnecessarily.  Last time the took 7days to change fuel filter and fuel pressure relief valve.

Edited by automass

The mirrors should unfold when you unlock the car with the keyfob.

However, with mine I have seen several times that if you lock & then quickly unlock whilst the mirrors are in the process of folding in they stop in the folded position.

You have to press unlock again to get them to fold out.

I also have the full interior alarm & I have never noticed or had a flashing red light.

At the end of the day, as long as the alarm is activated (check by locking yourself in & then moving around) theres no need to worry about a flashing light.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Gabbo said:

The mirrors should unfold when you unlock the car with the keyfob.

However, with mine I have seen several times that if you lock & then quickly unlock whilst the mirrors are in the process of folding in they stop in the folded position.

You have to press unlock again to get them to fold out.

I also have the full interior alarm & I have never noticed or had a flashing red light.

At the end of the day, as long as the alarm is activated (check by locking yourself in & then moving around) theres no need to worry about a flashing light.

Are you serious that you have never had flashing LED on top of the driver door?did you see if there is any red light there though?

Folding is never a problem,its only unfolding...I have tried many ways..it seems I don't have that option in infoteinment..what I have there is Fold when parked option only.

There is no special option for "unfolding" it should fold & unfold automatically if the option is selected in the infotainment.

As long as the alarm is working (which I know as its gone off several times with people inside) Im not interested in a flashing light...

As I said you, in infoteinment there is no option of folding and unfolding..only options regarding mirrors I can see is the following one.

IMG_20170318_201025.jpg

If it is an early 2013 model then the mirrors only unfold when you turn the ignition on, not when you unlock.

This behaviour was changed with a later door controller module in 2014.

You won't have cornering fogs unless you have factory xenons either.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, andyvee said:

If it is an early 2013 model then the mirrors only unfold when you turn the ignition on, not when you unlock.

This behaviour was changed with a later door controller module in 2014.

You won't have cornering fogs unless you have factory xenons either.

I sent you a PM, could you please reply me..and also can i not activate fog light as cornering light! I have seen some older model like octavia 2 (2010) has done those by vcds.