What demand for nice 2.0 TSI dsg elegance estate

So I will be helping my dad to sell his Superb in a few months and I was just wondering whether his model will be well sought after? It is a 2012 petrol 2.0 TSI DSG estate in elegance trim with cream leather and 55k miles. I believe this 2.0 TSI model with the four exhausts is a bit of a rarity, so will this help in making it more valuable and easier to sell or will it do the opposite? Dont know what you call the colour but its a nice metallic kind of pinky beige. Hes owned it from new, its in good condition and needs nothing doing, as it was recently serviced and had a new set of brakes, DSG service  and brake fluid. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

It should sell, but the buyer will be someone who likely is looking for that specific engine (Getting freedom Briskoda membership is a requirement before advertising things for sale, and that's what I'd do as it'll be seen by a lot of people who know what they're looking at).

I suspect it will be difficult to sell privately to the average car buyer due to a combination of badge snobbery meaning people won't look at Skodas at all and the fuel consumption figures being worse than the 1.4 TSI/diesels. Any city that's making noise about banning diesels should see an increase in interest in petrol cars too, so maybe target them. Unless I really knew the car history I wouldn't buy a car at that sort of price point without a dealer warranty though, so investigate the trade-in options if the car is being replaced and see whether that's worthwhile - factor in your time to sell it privately too - the difference may not be worth losing your evenings and weekends to weeks of tyre kickers/test pilots coming to have a go in it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, psycholist said:

It should sell, but the buyer will be someone who likely is looking for that specific engine (Getting freedom Briskoda membership is a requirement before advertising things for sale, and that's what I'd do as it'll be seen by a lot of people who know what they're looking at).

I suspect it will be difficult to sell privately to the average car buyer due to a combination of badge snobbery meaning people won't look at Skodas at all and the fuel consumption figures being worse than the 1.4 TSI/diesels. Any city that's making noise about banning diesels should see an increase in interest in petrol cars too, so maybe target them. Unless I really knew the car history I wouldn't buy a car at that sort of price point without a dealer warranty though, so investigate the trade-in options if the car is being replaced and see whether that's worthwhile - factor in your time to sell it privately too - the difference may not be worth losing your evenings and weekends to weeks of tyre kickers/test pilots coming to have a go in it.

Thanks, yes, these are the kind of things I've been thinking about. The trade in price from the dealer is pretty poor, so I'm thinking it might be worth a try privately first to see if I can get lucky with it. If worst comes to worst, then webuyanycar.com are offering a better price than the dealer. Was just hoping that its rarity might count in its favour. 

Anyway, when the time comes I might advertise it on here then. I also have my own Fabia to try and sell at the moment as well! Thanks for the advice.

Yes you are correct, it is one of the rarer models. Last time I looked there was only 114 registered in the UK.

The colour you are talking about is Amethyst Purple, same as mine.

It is the kind of model that someone will be specifically looking for. A well placed advert should do the trick.

• Like 1

On 3/31/2017 at 18:48, homesqueeze said:

Thanks. Yes it is quite a specific model, but its a very nice car and hopefully there must be someone out there looking for one.

I could be tempted, but owning a 2.0 TSi Twindoor + an Estate might be a little bit silly.....

DC

18 hours ago, old newbie2 said:

I could be tempted, but owning a 2.0 TSi Twindoor + an Estate might be a little bit silly.....

DC

Haha, yes maybe. I'll probably list it on here when its up for sale in a few months, so you can check it out then.

21 minutes ago, g_tee said:

Same, I wanted a 2.0TSI when I was buying but there were none about, hence my 1.8TSI :)

Good luck selling, lovely colour that.

Cheers. Yeah it's a good colour, a bit different to the usual ones.

On 03/04/2017 at 19:33, Awayoffski said:

Advertising the car in Briskoda Cars for sale might be an idea when the time comes to sell....

(What are WBAC offering for it currently?)

Yes, I am planning to list it on here.

I think it was about £8300 they were offering. Although I'm sure that will have dropped a good chunk by the time it comes to sell.

On 27/03/2017 at 16:11, psycholist said:

I suspect it will be difficult to sell privately to the average car buyer due to a combination of badge snobbery meaning people won't look at Skodas at all and the fuel consumption figures being worse than the 1.4 TSI/diesels.

VAG diesels are at rock bottom thanks to the cheat

13 minutes ago, lichfielddriver said:

Not if the prices on Autotrader are anything to go by. I've been keeping an eye out since sterling crashed last summer to see if it's worth my while upgrading, but prices have strengthened quite a bit in the intervening months.

Autotrader has 'Asking Prices', which is a sellers wish and dream and no real indication of what they will accept for a car not selling because they believed Autotrader / Parkers guides on what their car was worth.

Buyers market and no shortage of used cars and cars out of Manufacturers Warranty, and as for those rare as hens teeth, if you only want to buy one car there is always one someplace at the right price. Well in the UK there is.

13 hours ago, lichfielddriver said:

Not here in my part of Ireland. if its a VAG car bigger than a Polo and you dont get diesel, you'll be looked at like you're simple, patted on the head and your wife will be asked "would he like a little sweet ? God bless him, he looks so normal. Was it drugs or drink that did his head in...?"

VAG are selling diesels here, new and old,  with no problem and at increased market share. The only thing denting their margins - and their competitors - is the current level of cheap imports from the UK due to the current Sterling rates.

3 hours ago, lichfielddriver said:

Ireland here I come...2015 Superb estate 1.6 CRS

Maybe you should - you'd get more love for that 1.6d motor than you will in the UK (VAG says the 1.6 is the most numerous and popular diesel here.)  ;) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/25/2017 at 19:26, homesqueeze said:

If anyone's interested, this is gonna be available to buy from Saturday! Will be posting the full details in the for sale section as soon as i can.

Well it's Saturday & I can't see it in the listings yet...............

Perhaps you could post back on here with more info, including the price?

DC