Boot Liner

Dozz

And that's why I ask.

For the seven seater, which has the raised floor as standard you'd want the longer of the two mats.

But if you ordered the one for the car with 'spare wheel' or raised floor you'd be getting the shorter one.

So, for a 7-seater would it be best to order the mat for the car 'without spare wheel'?

Perhaps that's the difference between BoxerBoy's and KennyR's. BoxerBoy's looks really short in his 7-seater, whereas KennyR's is only slightly too short.

Skoda UK, if you're reading this, please put me out of my misery and give us a proper boot mat for the 7-seater!

7 hours ago, silver1011 said:

Anyone know the difference between 565 061 163 and 565 061 163A..?

According to both: http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Boot_Mat_5_Seater_With_Basic_Floor_565061163 and http://www.theskodashop.co.uk/product/Boot_Mat_5_Seater_With_Basic_Floor_565061163A the dimensions for both are quoted as the same - 999 x 874 x 7 mm. 

Why not just phone and ask the difference to either Matthew Dodd - Parts Manager or Matthew Johncock - Parts Advisor on 01522 508650 ?

Edited by Arkaig
  • Like 1

Spoke to Matt (not sure which one!).

His advice was to take the boot mat designed for cars without the spare wheel as on other models this results in them being a little longer.

So that's 565 061 163 (without the A on the end).

Unfortunately when I pointed out that on their website both boot mats showed the same dimensions he wasn't really sure. So still non the wiser :D 

• Like 1

Silver - Can you PLEASE just hurry up and pick one.  You've done lots of research, so I am just waiting to buy the same one as you....!

M

• Like 1

On 4/8/2018 at 21:51, exFiesta said:

Considering one of these for the 7 seats up scenario.  Sakura Universal Boot Mat https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009H0KMZM/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_abOYAbGX09SQA

Going to hold off till I’ve tested my boot buddy from the Superb2, but I think it’ll be a bit small.

The superb boot buddy does fit in, but not well, it’s a bit short and a bit high. So will be selling it in a little while - needs cleaning up.

i have performed surgery on the Sakura, for 7seat mode. It is a little narrow for the widest parts, so I trimmed up some offcuts for the extremes, and may bond them at some point.

8F9DA21E-44C0-41D5-818F-03AC3BA7DCFD.jpeg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mantrahalos said:

For 5 seat mode, I have ordered something similar (but with the non-slip bit for the dog).  There isn’t anything I have found that is made for when all 7 seats are up though.

On 27/04/2018 at 21:57, silver1011 said:

What the hell is going on here?

Just flicking through Kodiaq's on Autotrader and noticed a 7-seater Scout with the genuine 5-seater rubber boot mat fitted.

Here is a picture from earlier in this thread showing how the 5-seater boot mat comes up short when fitted in a 7-seater, a big gap between the front edge of the mat and the boot catch...

image.jpeg

This is a picture of the same boot mat (I counted the number of lines so it is the same mat, there is only one size anyway).

Here it has been pulled to the front of the boot so the gap is at the back, up against the back of the seats, but the gap seems much smaller, almost to the point it looks as though it fits. What am I missing?

I just ordered an aftermarket boot mat as I was convinced the Skoda one was for the 5-seater only...

media.jpg.f9aa28a170cbeafd564c9ae55e01d53a.jpg

@BoxerBoy, sorry to be a pain, any chance you could pull your boot mat all the way to the front and take a picture of the gap at the back, closet to the seats?

Is the gap at the back as small as it looks? The gap at the front looks huge, but when pulled forward the gap at the back looks tiny.

Confused :blush:

The 5 seater mat is 960mm long and 1000mm wide.

So it leaves a gap at the front or the back of around 120mm with the row 2 seats in the rearmost position.

I’m enjoying the full size plastic mat.

Anyone want a “shorty”? 

:)

66A4207D-B6CD-401C-9109-209A90401DDF.jpeg

4351C7C1-73C1-4A51-B600-AE9CDE7C941C.jpeg

99B1DC55-E4CD-46BB-8F50-33C98A299587.jpeg

CC27F344-34F3-4447-BC6D-462234179323.jpeg

91B93B37-E1BD-4D89-B8FB-909698B7C268.jpeg

• Like 1

Thanks BoxerBoy!

I think I'm going to go for the genuine 5-seater mat. Short it may be but there isn't anything out there that's as good quality...

On 01/05/2018 at 12:17, mantrahalos said:

That's the exact one I ordered and have sat in my garage.

Whilst the fitment might be perfect it is made out of really cheap / hard / scratchy plastic.

I'm used to the genuine Skoda boot liners which are made out of a much higher quality / softer plastic, it's more like rubber.

So for me, I'll sacrifice some length for quality!

I have ordered this to cut down for 7 seat mode, a little wider than the Sakura:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AYXADDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am in 7 seat mode, with kids seats in the third row, much more than I thought I would be.  Kids love it back there.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, raygun57 said:

I have ordered this to cut down for 7 seat mode, a little wider than the Sakura:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AYXADDC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I am in 7 seat mode, with kids seats in the third row, much more than I thought I would be.  Kids love it back there.

Excellent - be good to see how you get on.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 23/05/2018 at 17:44, gojoholo said:

Decided to order the REZAW-PLAST boot liner from Roofbox. Its a perfect fit (7 seater in 5 seat mode, middle row all the way back):

IMG_20180523_172823.thumb.jpg.6c7a57d576b912afc830a392eee97861.jpg

Can this be rolled up when seats 6 and 7 are up? 

I cheated slightly. This is the one from my old Octavia. Its the same brand and a similar size. Its a fairly springy material so you need a strap of some kind to keep it rolled up. Pictured here next to the bear...

5b35dc7280b4d_ScreenShot2018-06-29at08_12_57.thumb.png.040bf8ce5b29aa7c9d32f8eb5616e3fd.png

• 2 weeks later...

5-seater Kodiaq version of the REZAW-PLAST boot liner arrived this morning.  Here it is in my car. 

It's fairly flexible, but not as grippy as real rubber.  But my goal was to contain any mess or spilled liquid.

The slight warp in at the back edge is fine now that it's warmed up a bit.   Well pleased with this - excellent for the price.

BTW, I've seen people questioning the point of the 5 seat Kodiaq.

The reasons I went for it are:

- its boot is even more cavernous than in the 7-seater

- it cost more than £800 less to buy

- no need to haul heavy furniture around that'll never be used

With the floor now protected I'll be chucking everything from manky boots to bikes in the back without concern.

IMG_1401.jpg

IMG_1399.jpg

Edited by wheelz
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 03/06/2017 at 10:18, Bignij said:

Daft question.............or is it? Will the 5 seat boot liner fit the 7 seat version when the rear two seats are down? I can't ever see me using the two rear seats. It was the only one I could have in the spec I wanted. 

HI Guys Did this question get resolved as i am looking to buy one for my 7 seater

On 02/05/2018 at 21:29, silver1011 said:

Thanks BoxerBoy!

I think I'm going to go for the genuine 5-seater mat. Short it may be but there isn't anything out there that's as good quality...

Hi did you get the 5 seater version boot mat and how does it fit?