Boot Liner

Dozz

The problem I find is that when the sixth and seventh seat are folded flat, they're not perfectly flat, so that when the (quite rigid) Skoda boot liner is placed on top of them it also isn't flat. This results in anything you place in the boot rolling around, ultimately resting against the boot lid, so that when the boot is opened your stuff falls out.

The aftermarket mats aren't as good quality as the genuine Skoda one, but most of them are at least lipped so contain anything placed on it.

Part of the problem with the Skoda one is that they've tried to be too clever, rubber on one side, carpet on the other. This therefore makes it inflexible i.e. you can't roll it up if you want to put the rear seats up. I'm not quite sure why someone would want a second layer of carpet in their boot.

The proper rubberised boot liners from Skoda I've had in my Octavia's and Superb have been great, with the Kodiaq they must have given the job to the intern.

Superskoda do a boot mat for when the rear seats are up...

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/Kodiaq-heavy-duty-rubber-rear-trunk-cargo-floor-mat-with-car-silhouette-7-seater

rgm-kdq-7m2.thumb.jpg.03f372dd1922ea629d53f8dcac1d89db.jpg

rgm-kdq-7m.thumb.jpg.924c86a872942482314abf7cc1ae97d0.jpg

11 minutes ago, stu71 said:

Thanks guys think I am going to go for the 5 seat one without spare wheel can live with the gap from the mat to the seats

The gaps not that much, and I like the fact you can use the carpet side and use the Velcro retainers to stop small item rolling around, or use the plastic side for dirty items.

• 4 months later...

Sorry if this question already has been answered. But....

... Is it possible to get a boot mat for at 5 person kodiaq, with variable boot floor. And the mat with rubber on one side and textile on the other...?

I'm not sure if one of these can be used... Nothing mentioned about the variable floor.

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/Kodiaq-original-Skoda-DOUBLE-SIDED-cargo-boot-mat

http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/KODIAQ/Kodiaq-original-Skoda-DOUBLE-SIDED-cargo-boot-mat-SPARE-WHEEL-version

:(

There are two part numbers, one for Kodiaq's with the spare wheel, and one for those without.

All the spare wheel is doing is increasing the height of the boot floor, so I'd imagine if you have either the sparewheel or the variable boot floor you'd be better going for the boot liner designed for cars with the sparewheel...

image.png.459f265c87ee7c0623afbaaf0c8dd378.png

image.png.b70b79e89687a3344832096fc5fb63ed.png

• 10 months later...

Who knows, let’s hope they have now? Always seemed to be a bit remiss of Skoda not to supply a 7 seater boot mat, they also were only supplying fabric floor mats for seats 6 and 7.

I took the Skoda rubberised boot mat out of the Octavia estate and I’m using that, fits almost millimetre perfect, and I can roll it up if I need to use the rear 2 seats (not perfect but better than nothing)

I've never been too bothered by carpets in cars and prefer the utilitarian approach, jet-washing the mats when cleaning the car is so easy.

• Like 1

Me too. Annoyingly I sold a perfectly good OEM bootliner out of my Octavia estate in preparation for the Kodiaq's arrival, only to discover they didn't do a boot mat for the 7-seater.

Now that they've all but discontinued the 5-seater in the UK you'd think they'd finally pull their finger out and increase its length by a couple of inches so that it fits the 7-seater properly.

Here's hoping.

• Like 1

So as the 5 mat is short for the 7 seat - does that mean the 5 rear seats come back further into the boot than the 7 - so have more rear leg room?  otherwise you would think the 5 - with its deeper boot ad angle on rear seats would actually be longer than the 7?

I bought a 5 seat  boot buddy liner for my 7 seat (intention to remove rear seats) and even fitting it in with the 7 seats in (folded down) its too small.... so guess the 5 boot is smaller than the 7 (depth) and has more rear passenger leg room?

Do the rear seats on the 5 seater slide backwards and forward as they do on the 7 seater? It’s necessary to move the middle seats forward on the 7 seater if the people occupying the rear seats (6 and 7) inconveniently wish to fit their legs in. It can be a bit friendly inside when fully occupied.

I can see why the 5 seater has more leg but less boot room if the rear bench was  normally positioned a bit further back.

Its amazing that they can fit the rear seats and a spare wheel in as well as room for the tonneau cover, a first aid kit and still have room to spare under the floor! (I keep 2 spare full sized easy to reach umbrellas, some paperwork  and a bottle of 0W-20 oil under there too).  No small wonder the 5 seat variant  seats could be further back.

You can just see the spare wheel under the rear seats, though I’ve not yet had the misfortune to try and remove it (fingers crossed).

Edited by Greenliner1
Typo

4 hours ago, silver1011 said:

So the 5 seater boot mat doesn't fit either the 5 seater or the 7 seater!?

You are correct. This is with my seats on the rearmost position, my old Kodiaq was like this too.

9ShhJ2H.jpg

• Like 1

Just to add to the mix I'm hoping the boot liner I have for my current Superb Estate, no idea what make, will do the job for my Kodiaq Sportline when it arrives in a couple of weeks. The third row will probably never see the light of day, but they don't do Sportine in a 5 seat configuration. Watch this space!

Only a week to go till the 7 seat arrives.

I’ve read the whole thread and nothing seems to fit what I need, so I am probably going to go with a length of this.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F391340287086

My plan, if it works out, is to cut it to fit the raised floor with 7 seats up, then cut 2 sections to cover the backs of seats 6+7 when they are down. My thinking is to stick the hook half of Velcro to the back of the top and bottom of the rubber seat sections.

I only need the anti slip qualities of the rubber to stop a wheelchair and walking frame sliding about and still want to have access to the cubby holes at the sides of the boot. 

1 hour ago, CFB said:

I only need the anti slip qualities of the rubber to stop a wheelchair and walking frame sliding about and still want to have access to the cubby holes at the sides of the boot. 

These might be of use...

Screenshot_20191231-115854.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a 7 seater on order. I've read this thread and couldn't find specific reference to the 5/7 seater double sided folding boot mat listed in the spares catalogue (p# ZGB565017 041):

https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/products/kodiaq-5-seat-7-seat-folding-double-sided-boot-mat

Is this a good fit in the 7 seat with the 3rd row folded down?

9 minutes ago, tallpaul_kodiaq said:

I've got a 7 seater on order. I've read this thread and couldn't find specific reference to the 5/7 seater double sided folding boot mat listed in the spares catalogue (p# ZGB565017 041):

https://www.theskodashop.co.uk/products/kodiaq-5-seat-7-seat-folding-double-sided-boot-mat

Is this a good fit in the 7 seat with the 3rd row folded down?

That must be new as the original Skoda double sided mat is solid and you have to remove it when using 7 seats. That one looks handy being able to fold, but can’t find any pictures, even googling the part number come up with nothing.

You could be the guinea pig and review and provide pics for us :) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2020 at 11:34, Kenny R said:

That must be new as the original Skoda double sided mat is solid and you have to remove it when using 7 seats. That one looks handy being able to fold, but can’t find any pictures, even googling the part number come up with nothing.

You could be the guinea pig and review and provide pics for us :) 

Well, I tried to get one. Had it on order for about 6 weeks but Skoda yet to deliver and now little chance of getting one in the forseeable.

• Like 1