Octavia vRS Delivery Lead Times

Ordered my new vRS 2 weeks ago and was quoted 12-14 weeks for delivery. Whats everyones experiences with these estimates when ordering? Is that pretty realistic or is it likely to be sooner by any chance? The wait is killing me already!

Three years ago the estimate given to me was pretty much bang on. Yesterday I placed a order for a new vRS and was told to expect it around June and I expect that to be bang on as well. 

I think the delay might be down to the availability of the facelift vehicle. I took the last of the 'old' shape and ordered it in Feb (for a March delivery) and received it on a '17 plate. I was after an estate in 'hooligan green' with the bigger wheels but took one in metallic grey rather than wait as I get a company car allowance and need it for work.

12 - 14 weeks is not unrealistic. How fixed is your options criterion (spec, colour etc)?

Edited by Big_Grumper

It dépends on lots of factors but probably 12 weeks is realistic. I don't think its come down much lower than this for any O3 let alone the vRS since it was launched.

If your dealer already has some orders in the system they can sometimes decrease the time by allocating one of their pre-orders to you.

Otherwise you will have a plenty of time to read the manual & brochure cover to cover 10 times & rerun through your choice of colours & options..

Edited by Gabbo
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Ordered my new vRS 2 weeks ago and was quoted 12-14 weeks for delivery. Whats everyones experiences with these estimates when ordering? Is that pretty realistic or is it likely to be sooner by any chance? The wait is killing me already!

One member in Scotland order late March & got a build week W/C 15 may so, possible as short as 10 weeks but, thats yet to be proved

• 1 month later...

Hi Turkleton, any update on your Octavia yet? I ordered mine on the 7th of April but haven't been given a build date or any update. 

Meteor Grey Skoda Octavia VRS DSG 

Mine shouldn't be too far behind I hope. I will have to chase the dealership, which is a mission in itself as they're currently refurbishing. 

I was told that my car was being built w/c 1 May, my dealer sent me a screenshot of the details the following day.  It was 1 day old, and awaiting transport to port for shipping to Grimsby.  All being well, should be no later than 2 weeks, fingers crossed. 

On 2017-5-15 at 22:42, Turkleton said:

My build date was this week, and been told it should be waiting for transport from Germany end of next week. They reckon delivery either w/c 5th or 12th June.

Edit to say my build date was in fact w/c 8th May, not this week. So it should be waiting to be shipped now.

• Like 1

Chased the dealer all I keep getting back is due for delivery end of June. Seems like they only want the sale after that they don't really care. 

27 minutes ago, Aqib said:

Chased the dealer all I keep getting back is due for delivery end of June. Seems like they only want the sale after that they don't really care. 

What else are you expecting from them?

14 minutes ago, Aqib said:

My car 

But you've been told it'll be end of June for that. So what else are you expecting here? Asking more frequently doesn't speed the process up or gets you to jump the queue. 

If you were spending circa £30k I'm sure you'd want to know how far into the process your cars got. So far I haven't even got a build week or whether the order has been sent or not.

On 5/16/2017 at 13:24, JT71 said:

I was told that my car was being built w/c 1 May, my dealer sent me a screenshot of the details the following day.  It was 1 day old, and awaiting transport to port for shipping to Grimsby.  All being well, should be no later than 2 weeks, fingers crossed. 

Hey JT

Is she here yet ?

Sadly not the man!  My dealer said he would keep me informed of progress, what he did say the last time I spoke to him was that once built there are no delays, so fingers crossed, I would say end of next week I'd like to be collecting!

Further update - I've had an email through this morning to say that the car is in the country and awaiting transport from Grimsby to Preston.  Hopefully I should have her within the next 10 working days, if not sooner!

I know it's slightly off topic, but my dealings with Simpsons at Preston have yet again been exemplary, and Paul Shepley, in particular, deserves credit for the professional way he has dealt with the whole process.  I asked him to keep me informed and he has done exactly that.  I have no hesitation in saying thanks to him, and recommending Simpsons to everyone.  Not blowing smoke up anyone, and not linked to them in any way, just very happy with the "customer experience" so far......now just counting down the days!

JT 

21 hours ago, Aqib said:

What more realistically can he tell you? I'm always surprised they will commit to  a week given the complexity of everything.

My dealer has told me mine is for build this week then to allow 4 weeks to arrive and be registered.

As long as its before I'm due to return this one I don't mind. Even if things slip there's no problem as I can extend my current car month by month.

Like I said it would be nice to be in the know. I don't have a specified week for delivery. Neither do I have a build week. I can't extend my car month by month like yourself. To top it off they wouldn't even let me test drive a VRS just to see what they're like, so this car I have ordered is just off pot luck. All my experience with the dealership has been **** for the want of a better word. 

Just had confirmation my car has been built and is waiting at port in Germany to be shipped over. They didn't say any approx delivery date yet, but hopefully be start of June with any luck.

But seeing as though you only ordered yours a couple of weeks after me, end of June would be about right. They will be able to give you the approximate build week though by now so I'd be asking for that.

• Like 1

I just got my build date from my dealer and I was suddenly brought down to earth and stunned.

I've been discussing ordering a new vRS with several dealers and all of them were estimating 12-14 weeks tops for collection, so I took the plunge and ordered earlier than planned just to get the car still during the summer for some holiday cruising and before my current car is due for MOT and new insurance period. It seems nothing like this is going to happen after all.

Long story short: meteor grey vRS 230 TSI FL with black pack, heated front seats and heated windshield and basic spec otherwise ordered on 8th of May. Estimated build for week 39, which is late September and 20 weeks later. Collection mid October or so... can still change though, but I am not having high hopes for that.

It seems they've been flooded with vRS orders lately, as it's far off from any estimates I've been given earlier.

Edited by Mati