Octavia vRS Delivery Lead Times

Hmmmm. Thats very bad news, I've just rejected my BW21 vRS due to not being able to get folding wing mirrors on it. Don't Fn ask, like ****, it happens.

I've now re-ordered & will probably be joining the end of that list but, the dealers have thrown in a few sweeteners so, "it is what it is & it'll be what it'll be" he said through gritted teeth

On 19/05/2017 at 11:05, Turkleton said:

Just had confirmation my car has been built and is waiting at port in Germany to be shipped over. They didn't say any approx delivery date yet, but hopefully be start of June with any luck.

But seeing as though you only ordered yours a couple of weeks after me, end of June would be about right. They will be able to give you the approximate build week though by now so I'd be asking for that.

Mine should be on that same shipment,mine was build week 20 and now waiting to ship from a German port. He did say the system is a bit behind so maybe already crossing the North Sea:). I was told mid June be ready. 

Car is in the UK and waiting to be checked in etc now. Dealer doesn't think they'll get the car until about 8th June so delivery is chosen as Monday 12th... Pretty much exactly 12 weeks from order date. 

So to some up the original question in this thread, yes, the given lead times are pretty accurate!

3 minutes ago, Turkleton said:

Car is in the UK and waiting to be checked in etc now. Dealer doesn't think they'll get the car until about 8th June so delivery is chosen as Monday 12th... Pretty much exactly 12 weeks from order date. 

So to some up the original question in this thread, yes, the given lead times are pretty accurate!

Yeah I was told build week 21,dealer rang wedensday to say it is built, so again pretty accurate! But dealer said they won't get it for between 3/4 weeks.can someone pls explain why it may take a possible month to arrive? I would have thought a fortnight.ha I suppose at least this builds up excitement...

1 hour ago, Turkleton said:

Now I'm wondering why I haven't been contacted to tell me where mine is:wondering:. Oh this wait is unbearable,like waiting for xmas!

Had email from dealer yesterday saying my car has arrived in Preston, now awaiting PDI and paperwork.  Don't think it will be available tomorrow unfortunately, but I ordered it 31 March and I'll have it before month end, so I've no complaints.  It could be a long weekend..........

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Yep.. mine is being delivered Thursday. Like a kid at Christmas!

I've been told end of this week more likely middle of next. Found out the sales rep I'm dealing with is on holiday which I reckon is why they've said middle of next is most likely:sadsmile:. Be sure to post some pics.

Agreed, and initially I was worried that it wouldn't be the right choice, "Marmite" if you like for a lot of people. The truth is, I absolutely love it, and that's from someone who had a Race Blue vRS for 7 years. Goes well with a Meteor Grey Fabia! JT

2 hours ago, JT71 said:

It's arrived!!  Massively impressed!!

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

Very nice colour and looks good with the black pack plus, I'm starting to wonder if I made a mistake ordering mine in Meteor Grey now 

• Like 1

Nah, Meteor Grey is great. ;)

I suspect it won't show dirt as quickly as Rio Red too...mine can be filthy and not look too bad, apart from silver it's the easiest colour car to keep I've had. Cement grey blends nicely with general road crud :biggrin:

• Like 1

Meteor grey is a fantastic choice, and I can vouch for the fact that it hides the dirt really well. My better half doesn't keep it clean at all, but it never looks filthy. 

• Like 1

200 miles today to Doncaster and back, biblical downpours and then blue skies. The car looks like I've had it a month. Brilliant on the motorway though, I expected the wheels to make the ride very firm, but it's no worse than my last one. Infotainment is great, and the overall build quality feels on a par with Audi, BMW etc. 

Its been a good day!

J

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JT71 said:

200 miles today to Doncaster and back, biblical downpours and then blue skies. The car looks like I've had it a month. Brilliant on the motorway though, I expected the wheels to make the ride very firm, but it's no worse than my last one. Infotainment is great, and the overall build quality feels on a par with Audi, BMW etc. 

Its been a good day!

J

Petrol or diesel jt?

• Like 1

On 07/06/2017 at 20:11, JT71 said:

It's arrived!!  Massively impressed!!

IMG_2695.JPG

IMG_2697.JPG

IMG_2701.JPG

Gorgeous looking car, I'm not surprised your impressed. I picked mine up last week and haven't stopped smiling since. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Turkleton said:

Mine also arrived yesterday. It's stunning. Whoever goes meteor grey, you won't regret it! Also love the inside, feels so well put together and the new infotainment is great. Options and settings galore. Great drive too, so much power compared to my old car!

IMG_20170607_194119.jpg

Looks great, I love Meteor Grey, your car looks awesome bet you are well chuffed. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, p5stokes said:

Petrol or diesel jt?

Diesel mate. The artificial engine noise in the cabin makes it sound anything but, a friend who drives a BMW 225d couldn't believe how it sounds!  Love the torque, even short shifting it's very punchy. Thought I would regret not trying the petrol but I've made the right decision for my own personal preferences. JT. 

• Like 1