New škoda karoq

Oykkh

No idea why Bob would compare to the Arona since that only comes in FWD and the Ateca is the sister car to the Karoq, 

But then the Ioniq he talks about wears a Hyundai badge while the Kia is a Niro.

PS

Doh, sorry my bad he said Kia Stonic.   Odd looker, and not driven that yet. 

PPS,

Double Doh, no the Stonic looks OK to me, or just not as bad as a Nissan Puke,

it was the Ioniq that i disliked.

2018-kia-stonic-3.jpg

kia_stonic_10.jpg

KIA-Stonic-6039_4.jpg

Edited by Headinawayoffski

1 hour ago, prodata said:

TBH It's only the T-Roc that looks comfortably presented (not seen one in the flesh of course, but just judging from online videos). Leaving aside quite why Arona is being compared to T-Roc and Karoq - aren't the competitors T-Cross and whatever the Skoda equivalent ends up being called - the angular lines on Arona and Ateca just look rather awkward and will I suspect date fairly quickly.

And, totally agree, Karoq just looks like a blandmobile. In a way it continues  the Yeti tradition - with Yeti as a buyer you had to look past the quirkiness of the styling, but with Karoq it will be looking past the blandness. Even bland doesn't quite describe it, it's more like a computer-generated identikit of a 2018 crossover that hasn't had any human input to give the styling some coherence. That's not, for a second, to say that Karoq may not be an excellent buy; indeed I may end up buying one if and when the vRS makes an appearance, it's simply that styling will come some way down its list of selling points.

Yep, agree with all that. If I buy a Karoq (and there's not much else that will fit the bill for me, though Tiquan and Q5 are still being considered) then I shall go for the metallic red (even at the crazy, inflated price) which will at least lift the look of it. 

I'd dismissed the Ateca (no real rational reason other than I'm not a SEAT fan) and hadn't really bothered to look at one in detail.

But today I saw one in a car-park and had a stroll over to look at it.

For me, the front end is what the Karoq should have but with the Skoda grille of course. Much better design and has some design cues similar to the Yeti and reinforces my view of the Karoqs front end i.e. very poor and bland. That's the trouble with having two group members bringing out virtually identical cars and the first one out gets the better design. I think the overall design of the Ateca is better balanced. Pity as I like the rear lights of the Karoq.

So I'm going to consider the Ateca now even though I'm not keen on the dark interior in this type of car and the lack of Varioflex rear seats.

If the Ateca didn't exist I would probably get a Karoq and as prodata says look past the blandness but now that I've looked at the Ateca I'd find this even harder to do with the result I may just go elsewhere.

Cars.thumb.jpg.5915dd5975ac12dca5dc90540f4aa6cd.jpg

Guest FurryFriend

I think that the problem for Skoda now, is exactly that. Many of us WILL go elsewhere. 

I saw and read the Daily Express review of the Karoq yesterday. 

That's never going to entice me back to a Skoda showroom. 

Top speeds and 0 to 60 figures don't interest me. Economy does. 

I think it's just another plug ugly SUV mould  that the motoring press and media tell us we all 'need' ..... Not for me. 

4 hours ago, FurryFriend said:

I think that the problem for Skoda now, is exactly that. Many of us WILL go elsewhere. 

I saw and read the Daily Express review of the Karoq yesterday. 

That's never going to entice me back to a Skoda showroom. 

Top speeds and 0 to 60 figures don't interest me. Economy does. 

I think it's just another plug ugly SUV mould  that the motoring press and media tell us we all 'need' ..... Not for me. 

I ignore economy and look look at it as whole life cost.

There is really no point in worrying about few miles per gallon if it is going to cost thousands more than car being replaced or alternative purchase.

Maybe our family is unusual (we only have one child) so quite happy to have smaller car, and one back seat down to provide boot space, there are some fairly tight car park spaces in our local town centre.

After 6 Skodas, I am likely to be one of those going elsewhere this time.  The specs might suit someone else, but are not what I need or want anymore.

In real life cost it is depreciation that is the killer. I came across this site which is worth playing with. https://www.fleetnews.co.uk/car-running-costs-calculator?Years=3&Miles=30000&CarType=suv-and-crossover&Manufacturer=skoda&Model=karoq&CO2From=&CO2To=&BIKPriceFrom=&BIKPriceTo=&SortBy=Manufacturer&SortDesc=False&FuelType=petrol

When it comes to depreciation % or residuals it is based on list price, so it's best to use one of the on-line brokers to get a better idea of actual on the road new price and work out your own depreciation based on the future 3yr value they give. You could start by trying http://www.carfile.net/results.php?make=SKODA&model=KAROQ&bodytype=

Or once the Karoz is more readily available https://www.drivethedeal.com/

Colin

• 2 weeks later...

Ahh, same thing every time.  A left hand drive model, maybe even Re-Aligned by Skoda / VW to drive in the UK on UK Roads.

Drives well, well it will it is fettled.

As long as the UK Models, right hand drive are here, same tyres same suspension and alignment as the 'Test Cars' no reason Autocar can not make it 2018 car of the year before they drive a right hand drive one.

Edited by Headinawayoffski

• 2 weeks later...

Does anybody have a clear idea of what this Energy Blue looks like? The difference is like 10.95 plus vat on lease so it does make a bit of difference going for this as opposed to a metallic finish!! SE L is probably the one in terms of spec vs price I think so that's what I'm after.

I've gone for an SE Technology in Energy Blue so I'm hoping the colour is ok! SE Technology trim has some good discounts so I've got a 1.0 SE Technology for 8,000 miles per year over 24 months at £219 inc VAT per month (1+23). It was cheaper than getting an Octavia Estate!

Edited by davepartridge

14 hours ago, Hendertron said:

Does anybody have a clear idea of what this Energy Blue looks like? The difference is like 10.95 plus vat on lease so it does make a bit of difference going for this as opposed to a metallic finish!! SE L is probably the one in terms of spec vs price I think so that's what I'm after.

nrg.jpg

I don't like it. :dry:

Edited by cofi

The Seat Solid Blue is horrible.

Not one Karoq Road Test Video shows Solid Blue,  as you would expect.  Lots of white, a grey or 3, a red,  Petrol Blue metallic, 

Lease cars for NHS / Local Authorities etc,  Coast Guard putting Hi-Viz checkering on them might have 'Energy Blue'. 

Something seems to get lost in translation from Czech to any language.  'Energy',  Cheapo look quite likely.

SEAT-ATECA-4.jpg

SEAT-ATECA-2.jpg

28517919764_aecfbec162_b.jpg

20384415304_9405c6fb51_b.jpg

Edited by AwaoffSki

I am the only one, who remembers the expression "Doom Blue" and the alleged aversion of the motor trade to taking such a colour as a trade-in?

As they also say; "what goes around, comes around!"

P.S.

I understood this to be a English language site, but somebody tinks ah mishspelled "colour" in the above statement.

sniff!

mth

There is English and American English, and translations from German, Czech, Spanish to either English, 

so Color or Colour is seldom the issue the shade or hue can be though.

The likes of her to blame, then the Customer opinion panel!!!

and then those that sign off the colours.

Edited by AwaoffSki

We struggled to choose right colours. It seems that Skoda get the worst choices from VW group.

Meteor Grey - its very dull and terrible uninspiring colour

Energy Blue - very childish

Velvet Red - need to see it in real, but so far comes across as very childish

Quartz Grey - its ok

Business Grey - we liked it but already have grey BMW

Cappuccino Beige - seen it in real life and its very dull

Petrol Blue - just didn't like it

Green - never on a car that we are paying for

Candy/Moon White - don't mind but white is very generic

Magic Black - don't mind but its very generic

Brilliant Silver - haven't seen it in real but seems silver is in past days of popularity

The winner was:

Magnetic Brown - It looks classy in my opinion and has nice metallic effect and looks good on shining sun or during dark with street lights reflecting off it. This combined with exterior chrome surrounds, white LEDs and tinted windows seems like the best combination.

We then chosen beige interior to complement the contrast.

Let's face it, the Karoq design is rather bland, and choice of colour will only make it slightly more or slightly less bland. I have ordered a Candy white one for three reasons. 1. It's a relatively cheap option for a Lease car (£195). 2. I already have a Sports Blue Octavia, and two blue cars would clash on my drive. 3. White is resistant to scratches and easy to patch-up (although it gets dirty and needs washing regularly).

If i was buying one to keep I'd go for velvet red or quartz grey. It's just not worth paying that much for extras on a Lease car.

To be honest, I wouldn't have considered a Karoq if it wasn't for the stupidly cheap lease prices. A 1.5 SE Tech DSG Karoq costs about the same as a base 1.0 Focus, Golf or Leon over 24-36 months.

Edited by Orville

Where's the lease through Orville? 

(sorry if this is covered in another Karoq thread; I'm not really following them all. Feel free to post a link if so :thumbup:)

9 hours ago, Wardy said:

Where's the lease through Orville?

Marshall's Fleet offered me the best price 3-weeks ago. Base spec 1.5 SE Technology DSG in Candy White. I have gone for a 2-year lease at 1x £1550 plus 23x £172.85 incl of VAT. Total cost is approx £5,530. 

• Thanks 1

8K PA, although 10K was only a couple quid more per month.

Attached LINK allows you to enter your model of choice and see the best available Dealer deals. There are some slightly cheaper prices than what I agreed currently available. Click of the "More Information" red button to see all offers from a particular Dealer.

Edited by Orville