Skoda Warranty Help

Lemto

Hello everyone, 

I've been looking on Google in regards to whether or not modifying my Skoda Fabia Monte Carlo will void my warranty. One of my searches brought me to this site, someone had the same questions to me but I decided to start my own topic so I can tailor make it to my current situation.

I've had a Volkswagen Polo for over a year now and wanted to modify it but never got round to it; now that I have a lovely looking Monte Carlo, I'd like to possibly lower it with lowering springs or coilovers as well as add a louder exhaust (typical young guy wanting things that most others probably think is silly). Basically, I would like to know that by adding these things to my car would it completely void my warranty? The whole topic is very confusing and unclear to me. I'm under the impression that it will only void my warranty if the modifications I make cause a problem within the car.

I'm sure you guys are sick of seeing things like this on here, but your help would be greatly appreciated. 

Kind regards,

Lemto

As far as I'm aware it will only void the warranty if the modification caused the problem to occur. If you lowered the car and your engine blew up for example then it wouldn't affect

it because they aren't linked.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, LGM said:

As far as I'm aware it will only void the warranty if the modification caused the problem to occur. If you lowered the car and your engine blew up for example then it wouldn't affect

it because they aren't linked.

Thank you LGM, I appreciate that information. I was just worried because I mentioned to my Skoda Dealer that I would like to lower the car with aftermarket coilovers but she said it would void my warranty. Maybe she was just trying to scare me so that I wouldn't do that.