Help with buying a 2007 Octavia vrs with no service history

Don't know if anybody will see this .

Who remembers the car on which this topic was started .

Have looked at many vrs now none are has clean has the vrs this thread was started about .

Although looking at this Skoda I have now noticed the stone chips on the front bumper and 2 small dent the size of your little finger tip . 

All others have had key scratches down the car big dents on doors creased bonnets all sorts .

Anyway this started about a car I viewed which has little service history , and the dealer said it was owned by a technician, so with this being the cleanest I've seen I've gone back for another test drive and looked at the v5 , got the last keepers name and address googled it then googled the town and Aston Martin .

The Aston martin franchise owners own a few dealerships in the area down south , so I rang the dealership and he does work there , I've not had chance to speak to him yet because the guy on the phone said he was busy the took my number .

I just want to ask him why he got rid of the car although he had it for 9 years so more than likely wanted move on I get bored after 2/3 years then I get another one.

Just hard decision to make when it seems to be mechanically more sound than others I've seen and well better in better body condition than the others .

He must of maintained it being a active mechanic and having access to a workshop . 

I used always do my jobs in my dinner or I was allowed to come in and use the workshop on Saturdays .

But why did he sell it through the company ?

It is a big car dealership so might of part ex'd it , they do jeep , Alfa romeo , and Aston Martin . and possibly other cars 

This is where he works 

http://www.hwm.co.uk

How much power should these 2.0tfsi vrs's have ? 

I've test drove a few and none of them seemed proper quick

My 1.9tdi pd130 can move tho when I boot it

So I'm comparing it to that maybe I was expecting alot alot more , and that's not the case

Plus do think I was driving like I would drive my own car.

So you bought the original one after checking it out by yourself?

Good research to contact the previous owner direct and get him to answer your questions.  Well done.

Hope it serves you well.

On 2017-6-13 at 02:48, T2000 said:

There is a guy here selling an 09 VRS LE for £4100 if you could get to the Liverpool or Stranraer docks I'm sure would deliver, https://www.gumtree.com/p/skoda/2009-skoda-octavia-vrs-limited-edition-tsi/1247404212 nice plate to keep for the mainland ageless!

This would be my LE ;)