Post your photos of the new Face Lift models

1 hour ago, dunc69 said:

Saw this at the dealers this morning. The green is very bright in the flesh. 

IMG_7085.JPG

IMG_7086.JPG

I do love that green.. Really makes the car standout!!!

It would have been my choice had the boss not overulled me while ordering....

• Like 1

Really liking the new front end (think I've said that before) but some of the wheels (ie what appear to be the standard ones as on the green car above) let the cars down IMHO.  I don't like black wheels at the best of times but those balck with polished nonagon elements are awful! (IMHO of course!)

On 07/05/2017 at 18:52, Dogsbody_vRS said:

A few pictures of my FL it isn't as clean as it should be. Rain and Black color don't go together. Some would say that the fron lights are ugly but I got used to them.

Engine is 2.0 TSI 230 still cant order the 245 here in Slovenia.

img7515.jpg

img7520.jpg

img7517.jpg

img7521.jpg

img7522.jpg

img7523.jpg

img7524.jpg

Standard seats? 

• Like 1

What a heap ;)

Looks good though. Child seat with no seat covers under? Brave. 

Yeah that auto braking certainly wakes you up. Saved me twice. I have now changed the settings so the music/radio fully mutes when reverse is selected. Much better with no distractions now.

• Haha 1

It does look really good.

Very envious of the spec level, but would have cost me more than the AP I think to bring my Motability 230 up to that level. Bit of a waste on a 3 year lease.

Again...that black does look sooooo good.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Including those 300mm ventilated rear discs which are automatically slammed on by the parking sensors when you get too close, helpful if a little unnerving the 1st time

What's this auto-break feature then? Is that standard, or part of the Front Assist option? If it's standard does the 230 get it too?

4 minutes ago, Kephigo said:

What's this auto-break feature then? Is that standard, or part of the Front Assist option? If it's standard does the 230 get it too?

The car will brake and stop for you if you're reversing and it senses an object. No connected to front assist and its standard. 

In the words of Neil Buchanan, "Try it yourself?..". Or maybe not :biggrin:

Edited by SC03OTT

10 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

The car will brake and stop for you if you're reversing and it senses an object. No connected to front assist and its standard. 

In the words of Neil Buchanan, "Try it yourself?..". Or maybe not :biggrin:

Not sure I like the sound of that?! Might reduce the stress if I ever let Mrs K have a go I suppose!

Just now, Kephigo said:

Not sure I like the sound of that?! Might reduce the stress if I ever let Mrs K have a go I suppose!

Guess it depends if you prefer the sound of your bumper caving in..?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, SC03OTT said:

Standard on all cars with Front Assist or just the VRS models? I specced front parking sensors too. Wonder is that gets the same feature? Hope so. Can imagine it being a bit unnerving the first few times though!

Just now, spinnaker said:

Standard on all cars with Front Assist or just the VRS models? I specced front parking sensors too. Wonder is that gets the same feature? Hope so. Can imagine it being a bit unnerving the first few times though!

Its not connected to front assist. 

No no idea what models it comes standard on (all presumably). I only found out I had it when I walked round the back of my car expecting to see a bollard buried in the bumper but was greeted with several inches of fresh air. 

It makes a horrible noise.  Like you've hit something, hence my expectation above. 

52 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Its not connected to front assist. 

No no idea what models it comes standard on (all presumably). I only found out I had it when I walked round the back of my car expecting to see a bollard buried in the bumper but was greeted with several inches of fresh air. 

It makes a horrible noise.  Like you've hit something, hence my expectation above. 

Ah, sorry. I understand now. Will have to keep out for a suitable opportunity to try it out when the new car arrives. Big pile of cardboard boxes perhaps?

This reversing gizmo sounds to be called Manoeuvre Assist..

"Manoeuvre Assist (which brakes the vehicle as soon as the sensor detects an obstacle when moving forwards or reversing)".

This quote comes from a page about the VRS245, but I'd be surprised it f this isn't standard on cars with parking sensors. Sounds like it obviously works with front sensors too.

• Like 1

Hi folks,

Got my F/L vRS on Friday and there was no service book inside the car - I've been told that they don't come with a service book and that the servicing details are held by the dealer online, is this true?

Just now, damo74 said:

Hi folks,

Got my F/L vRS on Friday and there was no service book inside the car - I've been told that they don't come with a service book and that the servicing details are held by the dealer online, is this true?

Yes that's correct 

On 30/08/2017 at 15:53, spinnaker said:

This reversing gizmo sounds to be called Manoeuvre Assist..

"Manoeuvre Assist (which brakes the vehicle as soon as the sensor detects an obstacle when moving forwards or reversing)".

This quote comes from a page about the VRS245, but I'd be surprised it f this isn't standard on cars with parking sensors. Sounds like it obviously works with front sensors too.

And it can be turned off, thankfully