Phillips MK3 Octavia VRS OEM+

Phillips

Fitted the new reverse light bulbs last night. Top before.

85579F96-35A4-4915-85B4-D5246ED9CE49.thumb.jpeg.a6e984e1737a6fdf5ea096e505eaec14.jpeg

Spent this morning at Shark Performance having TCU(DSG) Remap. 

Absolutly transformed the transmission. Gears are unbelievably quick in comparison to standard. Car also picks up much quicker off the line and over taking. 

8111A600-367C-4999-A952-BCE405D93022.thumb.jpeg.a177cb1b4157baf78382635e2fefe95e.jpeg

• Like 1

Looks cracking mate.

I've just got a hatch and started a few mods.

Have any of your bulbs kicked up any error codes?

I got a set of canbus ready ones and they show a error at times on numberplates.

Edited by Jason11
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jason11 said:

I got a set of canbus ready ones and they show a error at times on numberplates.

I have the skoda led numberplate lights not non genuine and they needed coding with VCDS. 

The reverse lights however haven’t needed any adjustments or shown any errors.  

Edited by Phillips
Spelling

On ‎25‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 06:37, Phillips said:

Custom coilovers? What’s custom about them @T00mm? Sound interesting! 

Custom length shocks and springs for ultra low fitment in the turret

• Like 1

I have a MK3 150 dsg. Looking to get some tweaking done. Would a dsg remap be better before ECU do you think? Heard it opens up some 'hidden' torque. Happy with the engine right now as only had it a few weeks. 

Looking great btw. 

7 hours ago, MarkyG82 said:

Would a dsg remap be better before ECU do you think? Heard it opens up some 'hidden' torque.

Interesting, I’d never thought of just having TCU map before? 

I’d definetly recommend it, it does raise the torque limiter, speed up gear changes & give you true manual. I would imagine you’ll notice a considerable difference when driving. 

I'll have a chat with my tuning guy then. Seems logical as the box needs to be setup to handle whatever power the engine produces. I'll be getting an ECU map at some point so a TCU (?) map will get done first. 

Had the car in at Skoda this week to update the firmware on the infotainment unit. The touch screen functionality would randomly freeze then press its own buttons to try and catch up when it was cold.

I asked for the firmware to do the update myself but they wouldn't supply it? Bit odd but it took them three days to do it, they kept messing up the copying process from the firmware CD to the SD card so the car would never complete the update! 

Anyway its all completed now and I've gone firmware 0435 to 0490. Is there anywhere I can find the firmware revision information as to what its changed?

Today I changed my badges for the colour coded ones and added front gloss black lower bumper cover, I really like it but my only niggle is whoever designed it didn't take into account the depth of the adhesive tape which means  ~2mm strip of white is showing just between the grill and the cover which you can just make out in the picture. Not sure how to go about covering it?

IMG_4181.thumb.JPG.a564f1ca656fc8b943c4d80789882a52.JPG

Edited the **** out of this :D

IMG_4187.thumb.JPG.d58562ffbc1ed1ea288d6e4f61e4b91e.JPG

Edited by Phillips
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

General Maintenance Post:

Ordered new pads and discs for all round from AKSTuning, gone for vagbremtechnic setup keeping the stock size just uprated over OEM to help with the extra power I’ve gained.

Did a full service today also had four continental contact 6 tyres fitted.

Edited by Phillips

• 1 month later...

Last week I covered a fair few miles in Scotland had some great fun in the snow! Just clocked 65k miles. 

1B7CB205-33A5-4213-B60E-4528A21CBF26.thumb.jpeg.8c8f568c5da0f1588da2039aed8df145.jpeg

4847D153-1386-43FF-A114-4FD9BA23C0CD.thumb.jpeg.ec787290c512d6bd44b851f6ce24e1e2.jpeg

BD91A976-E853-437D-A9BC-DA6779C29386.thumb.jpeg.f88e62dc404721f63e81075a310df75e.jpeg

I didn’t try to drive through this one ^

Recently the Turbo EGT Sensor has been throwing up the flashing coil light intermittently. Tried to change it myself but wasn’t successful as it was so tight! 

Sent to AKS Tuning to be replaced 

while away for work this week. Also had MOT which passed and my new pads and disks arrived.

0F4C15BD-D16C-43C7-AC85-3B7EC29B0992.thumb.jpeg.2dc91afbbdc5e988ec3c9980cd3c09ab.jpeg

Also got a front top strut brace while away this week so fitted that today. It made more of a difference than I expected.

17B91089-7D8F-44CC-A293-F191326498AD.thumb.jpeg.2d8b63a316070f3d6006ff8a17e96c0e.jpeg

• Like 2

4 hours ago, creamvRS said:

Is this our faithful comrades strut bar?

I cant remember if I ordered the same one as you, it was from eBay and came from Russia.

11 hours ago, Phillips said:

I cant remember if I ordered the same one as you, it was from eBay and came from Russia.

Yup same place. I had 25 quid customs charges too. Picking mine up Wednesday as been with powder coaters 

7 hours ago, creamvRS said:

Yup same place. I had 25 quid customs charges too. Picking mine up Wednesday as been with powder coaters 

Snap me too, I couldn’t be bothered to get it painted red :D

1 hour ago, Ant-Vrs said:

I think the strut brace makes a massive difference to the front end. 

I was sceptical having only ever done anti roll bars in the past but it has improved the front end handling no end.

Edited by Phillips