Hi all

i need some new tyres for my 09 scout can anyone recommend any ! I do a lot of motorway driving around 100 miles a day on m20 m25 so I guesse it's mainly in traffic lol thanks for any info

I replaced the original Dunlop SP 01'S on my Scout with Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance. Highly recommend them. They are so much quieter. Handling is better. 

You know what I have found? every individual car is different.

ive had:

good year efficient grips and the performance variety.

Dunlop sport blue response

avon ZV-5

Falkens (Fitted by skoda)

now got fulda's

I found when cold the Goodyear's and Dunlop's became sloppy and slippy when cold and damp as they got older and older.

ZV-5's were great in the dry but rubbish in the wet.

Falkens were great all round and lasted 22k (9 Months for me) happy in both the wet and dry and returned great mpg.

got the Fulda's on now for 600 miles, not as good mpg as the falkens but so far in some extreme weather on Friday A34 river were awesome no worries at all.

its all about what you drive, how you drive, the weather, the state of the roads you travel.

I always try to pick b ratings or better for every tire and often go XL 95/98 for extra safety due to the massive amount of driving I do.

There is no one tire for one model, its very hit and miss. even replacing like with like can be different.

and every one has their favourite, even the guys in the tire places will have their own.

same as do you or don't you have nitrogen fill?

Edited by mroberts
  • Like 2

Goodyear G1 Asy 3 are a good tyre and work well on my mapped CR170 VRS. They are quiet, give excellent feedback and grip in both wet and dry conditions. I cannot fault them.

As soon as the the Contenintels fitted to FL L&K or worn out i will be going back to Hankooks, they were brilliant on my pre FL elegance, very quite, good grip in the wet an dry, and managed about 20k miles on the front, the back never wore out, didn't effect the fuel economy either. they had quite a hard life on 2.0 pd tdi as well with all the weight in the front.

• Like 1

Bought the car a set of Landsail LS588 recently. The car was equiped with the same type when I got it, and being happy with them, I got the same brand when going up to 18".

Done very well on tests, and quite good on price compared to "premium" brands.

Edited by in2k

• 3 weeks later...

Glad I found this, my Octavia (2007 Estate) needs new tyres, not sure what the current brand fitted is but the road noise is awful from them!!

Any other opinions other than Falkens?

4 hours ago, AndyD345 said:

Glad I found this, my Octavia (2007 Estate) needs new tyres, not sure what the current brand fitted is but the road noise is awful from them!!

Any other opinions other than Falkens?

Goodyear Asy 3

• Like 1

I'm running a set of michlains energy saver + on mine. Bit pricey but I do a high mileage plus a lot of trecking down rail access points. Fun of working on the railway!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stuart-h said:

plus a lot of trecking down rail access points. Fun of working on the railway!

I've just retired from nearly 35 years on the Railway

Plate Layer to Guard/Conductor to Train Driver...........Loads of fun

Edited by Auric Goldfinger

I've got Michelin Cross Climates on the Octy 4x4 as I need to be able to get about in bad weather and have Vredestein Ultrac Sessantas on the Civic.  Both excellent tyres and very quiet.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DobriKnotzGutenMorgan

Goodyear Efficient Grip Performance I have just put on mines after using Goodyear AS2's a few times now. I usually always get the cheapest from Camskill but Blackcircles came out top this time and I like them. Would like to try Hankooks but I aslo do lots of motorway miles.

I have Continental Sport Contact 5s on my vRS. I like them and they're wearing well. I wish I'd got the high load ones though. The standards aren't quite as direct.

• Like 1