Let the mods begin

Odius

Hi Peeps,

Just a quick update as I've had the vRS for nearly a week now :-) Still loving it, and have started to apply the small tweaks...

PD160 intake, Green filter and Struct Brace are now fitted :thumbup:

Sourcing the Seat parts was not as much hastle as I expected. A phone call to my local Seat dealer (Alexandra Bridge Cars in Sunderland) on Thursday afternoon with the 3 part numbers, saw the parts ready for collection on the Friday Morning :thumbup: and with a little discount too - Part guy (I forget his name now) was also a decent chap to talk to. So if you in the region and need those bits, I can recommend them.

312mm brakes (from Steve - Golf Turbo) are also ready to go on after spending a couple of days with some smooth green Hammerite - hopefully a job for tomorrow or tuesday.

That just leaves me with the ReMap and the Eibachs...

On the Eibachs, I've got a couple of questions...

a) I've had a quick look on www.eibachshop.com and it seems to list a few variations of the spring - which spring / model number is the required one?

B) Can someone suggest a place in the North East where I can get them fitted and (I assume) do an alighment check afterwards?

Are there any other tweaks that you would suggest too?

BTW - Looks like the how to guides (312mm brake fitment ect) are jaffed :( how do you report a bug ?

Are there any other tweaks that you would suggest too?
'Jabba Rear ARB' put that in a search and read everyones opinions of it, quite dear but I think everyone agrees well worth it.

My car would be sporting one if I didnt blow all my money on ICE :rolleyes:

'Jabba Rear ARB' put that in a search and read everyones opinions of it' date=' quite dear but I think everyone agrees well worth it.

My car would be sporting one if I didnt blow all my money on ICE :rolleyes:[/quote']

Me too :o

Recommend an RE sub and Genesis amps though, all wrapped up in a tidy grey carpet install :thumbup: I digress...

Looks like you have a good idea of the mods you want, the Eibachs for me are my favourite mod.

Hi

Yes we have the Eibachs in stock.

We do a few of these as they do inprove the car alot.

Handling better and also the looks are inproved.

We do fit these even if they are not purchased from us.

When these are fitted we also do the mod for the bump stop.

Wheel alignment is also carried out.

I dont know how far you are from us but we could also "Pimp your ride" with Custom-Code too.

Fantastic remap for your car www.custom-code.co.uk and www.jbsautodesigns.co.uk should help you more.

Or call me on 01246 455005 and I can help you further.

There are also other Custom-Code dealers about if we are not close enough to you

Sarah

Hi

Yes we have the Eibachs in stock.

We do a few of these as they do inprove the car alot.

Handling better and also the looks are inproved.

Out of all the mods i've done, these have probably been the best.

Remap, awesome when you use it, 312mm brakes, again awesome when you really push them (but normal under normal braking)

But Eibachs, just complements the car for day to day use and increases the overall driving experience at all times imo

Hi Peeps,

Struct Brace are now fitted :thumbup:

Sourcing the Seat parts was not as much hastle as I expected. A phone call to my local Seat dealer part numbers,

Hi

Could you please give me the part number of the Seat strut brace and did

it fit straight on ok or did you have to mod it ..... also does it require any extra

bolts or do u use the original skoda .... thanks for your help

Hi Chaps,

Sorry for the delay PJW.

Part numbers (found on here) I used at Seat were

6LL 129 621 - trumpet

6LL 129 618 - pipe

6LO 129 618 - brace

Also, as an update - the 312mm brakes are now on and Wow you can certainly tell the difference :-) not too hard of an install either (although extra body was handy to bleed the brakes a little) - ruddy annoyed at paying audi

Hi

That is ok.

It has been noted on here that the Eibachs do seem to be a good mod.

Lowering of around 30mm front and rear.

It will make the shockers wear a bit quicker but if the car is new then you get your moneys worth.

But just a note that it is the same amount of labour for replacing the springs as the springs and shockers.

So again it is up to the individual.

I would say around the 40k miles mark is about the mileage for thinking about shockers at the same time.

Sarah

Hi

To change the springs and shockers would be £120.00 + VAT.Then the 4 wheel lazer alingment £38.00 + VAT

If you was to do just the springs you would be looking at the same price.

But if you was to do the springs then go to do the shockers at a later date you would be looking at the same again.

So that is how I said you pays your money and takes your choice.

When we do the lowering springs though we do the little mod for the bump stops too.

Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Maybe a daft question, but is that price just the labour, or does it include the Eibach shocks and springs?

Seriously tempted (once I get a lodger!).

What's the most popular set up your customers go for? I want one that plants the car on the road, but does'nt rattle my fillings more than the standard Furby Vrs set up does.

Cheers v much...

Hi Sarah' date='

Maybe a daft question, but is that price just the labour, or does it include the Eibach shocks and springs?

Seriously tempted (once I get a lodger!).

What's the most popular set up your customers go for? I want one that plants the car on the road, but does'nt rattle my fillings more than the standard Furby Vrs set up does.

Cheers v much...[/quote']

Hi

I would say that the most popular is the Eibach springs alone.

But then we have done a few with the Koni dampers.

We have also done some coilovers on Josh`s car.

This REALLY made the car look awesome!!!!

He had it lowered to the maximum he could get away with.

Even made a GB on the sump guard.

But the Eibach springs are

Is there a a likely chance that wheel alignment is out with only a 25mm drop?

:)

There is a likely chance that the alignment would be out with just working on the front of the car on the suspension.

Even replacing anti roll bars we do the 4 wheel lazer alignment afterwards.

You would be a bit miffed if you had all that done and then your steering wheel was not straight.

So for