vRS245 ordered club

What quotes are people getting on the Golf R and what’s the annual mileage?  Had looked myself but seemed c£100/mth more expensive than the 245, which will cost me £267/mth with no deposit on a base hatch with 12k annual mileage.  Am assuming i’ll have to go for the cupra if they can’t sort my 245 delivery date but maybe the R is an option

£8,372 all in for a 24 month deal, thats £349 a month

www.contracthireandleasing.com/independent-brokers/voozo-dealer-ltd/volkswagen/golf/264450035/

So not the as good a deal as some 245's I've seen but it is a DSG Estate on 10k p.a.

Edited by themanwithnoaim

13 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

in contrast mine is under 6k a year for the 245, hatch DSG no options. 8k annual

For me the golf R was too much of a difference but for others, SO SO worth it.

The options on the Skoda made it stupidly close to the R and totally worth it for so much extra oomph. 

I will give praise where it's due... the lady I've been dealing with has emailed me back within 30 minutes of me firing it off. She will be passing the complaint on. I am slightly annoyed that previous unconfirmed build weeks have been floating about for ages but not communicated to me despite me asking for any news.

However, it's now sitting at an unconfirmed build week 4 (from 10, to 3, to 6 and now 4!). She is hoping it will get confirmed on this new build week.

Shame you have to push for a bit of blummin' communication!

On 08/01/2018 at 17:12, Reddazforever said:

fair play Skoda Servicing! - raised a formal complaint on Saturday via chat re delivery date and out of pocket expense if delivery is later than what I was told when ordering.  Received a call from the complaint case handler at 10am this morning - really pleasant and was up to speed with the case already. Said she’d try to get a satisfactory solution for me by end of week and will call me Wednesday with an update.  Very professional call, and restored my faith in Skoda a little.  Just think we need to call out when we get good service as it’s too easy to shout when we have problems 

A good start - just hope she, firstly, calls on Wednesday and, secondly, follows through with her ‘solution by Friday’ promise!

Good luck! 

Edited by dunc69
  • Thanks 1

Guest garpat32

Previous Octavia I ordered (64 reg), build got delayed and delayed. One email to Skoda CEO and ended up with a "case" manager, a free courtesy car until my order was delivered, and then £200 "voucher" to use at skoda dealer to buy parts or accessories.

Current 245 order, no build date at all as yet, and dealer advises, can be allocated a date as late as end of June 18!!!

2 hours ago, garpat32 said:

Previous Octavia I ordered (64 reg), build got delayed and delayed. One email to Skoda CEO and ended up with a "case" manager, a free courtesy car until my order was delivered, and then £200 "voucher" to use at skoda dealer to buy parts or accessories.

Current 245 order, no build date at all as yet, and dealer advises, can be allocated a date as late as end of June 18!!!

Just had an email from my dealer saying they have been told by the finance dept at skoda that as I ordered over 90 days ago (sigh) they have to re submit my application for finance.  Is this standard practice?

I asked them I hope this doesnt affect my place in the build queue!

Guest garpat32
5 minutes ago, martysparty99 said:

Just had an email from my dealer saying they have been told by the finance dept at skoda that as I ordered over 90 days ago (sigh) they have to re submit my application for finance.  Is this standard practice?

I asked them I hope this doesnt affect my place in the build queue!

Didn't happen for me, it may depend if it's via a dealer or lease company, PCP or PCH etc?

Sorry I can't help further.

1 minute ago, martysparty99 said:

Ordered through a dealer (Hortons) and straight lease

Just had from dealer "Thanks, that has all been reapproved, no problems....and absolutely has no bearing on your build week, so don’t worry there!"   Phew

1 minute ago, martysparty99 said:

Just had from dealer "Thanks, that has all been reapproved, no problems....and absolutely has no bearing on your build week, so don’t worry there!"   Phew

If it incurred another credit check id loose my ****.

15 minutes ago, ClarkyStu said:

If it incurred another credit check id loose my ****.

Months between credit checks won’t be a problem on credit rating - only issue is if you’re making other credit requests at same time as Skoda do their new check  ie you apply for a 0% credit cards within days of the skoda check, then it could negatively impact you.  Probably worth asking as they should have preserved you and sought permission for another credit check

4 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

Months between credit checks won’t be a problem on credit rating - only issue is if you’re making other credit requests at same time as Skoda do their new check  ie you apply for a 0% credit cards within days of the skoda check, then it could negatively impact you.  Probably worth asking as they should have preserved you and sought permission for another credit check

Hard checks remain for 6 months, Im buying a house currently and when the check came through it lowered my score by 22(Experian)

Got sick of all this - so emailed Skoda CEO - i know its prob an extreme step to take, but their buggering about could result in me having no car come April, so enoughs enough i figure.

If i wasn't going to lose £239 from lease company, i would actually cancel this whole thing.  Usually get excited about new car purchases - but this is just become a strung out laborious process which might well end in no car for march.

1 hour ago, Ursicles said:

Got sick of all this - so emailed Skoda CEO - i know its prob an extreme step to take, but their buggering about could result in me having no car come April, so enoughs enough i figure.

If i wasn't going to lose £239 from lease company, i would actually cancel this whole thing.  Usually get excited about new car purchases - but this is just become a strung out laborious process which might well end in no car for march.

Is your current car leased through a skoda dealer?  If so ask Skoda to cover the costs of extending... that’s what i’ve asked for if they can’t bring the delivery forward to the original date

Ah sadly not... But it is vwfs as it's the Audi A4 deal from a couple of years back that was crazy cheap.

I really do like the car and have the maintenance package on it too, so if they cover the cost of the extra months I'll be quids in!

Cheers for the idea!

Btw... CEO's PA emailed me back to say that they were aware of my issues and that's not how Skoda want to be perceived so will be chasing it on my behalf.

Not sure if anything will come of it, by least I got a reply.

• Like 1

I maybe should of waited till the end of the month before cancelling but have now secured an in stock Qashqai Tekna with pan roof pack. Other half is happy as she's been after one since giving back her leased Juke Nismo a couple years ago and delivery will be when I need it end of Feb.

• Confused 1

Decent enough cars Qashqais, but not really a 245 alternative! Hope it's the 1.6T at least. 

On another note, my build is confirmed at week 4 and February delivery. Early feb hopefully. Absolutely can't wait now.