It's the big day tomorrow

Good luck with it all.

How do you get to Chelmsford? Train, plane or what?

Are we missing something about the relevance of Sheffield on your map?

22 minutes ago, daveo138 said:

The postcode you have there is Chesterfield. Chelmsford is a bit further south. I hope you don't get lost! :o

hahah doh, you are right, Chesterfield, Chelmsford, it's all the same to a daft Scot. My knowledge of the geography of England isn't great even though I'm down near Oxford once a month with work.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, 100andthirty said:

Good luck with it all.

How do you get to Chelmsford? Train, plane or what?

Are we missing something about the relevance of Sheffield on your map?

Daft me, it is Chesterfield I'm going to, so fly to Manchester then take the train, drive home will be better though :)

38 minutes ago, dubzter said:

Daft me, it is Chesterfield I'm going to, so fly to Manchester then take the train, drive home will be better though :)

Thank god for that - I was going to question why on earth you couldn't have sourced one from a dealer further North than Chelmsford! :biggrin:

Enjoy - I'm sure you'll love it!

• Like 2

Have to say, I'm massively impressed by the number of people who buy their cars sight unseen.... :)

Hope all goes well tomorrow and you have a good journey home (I've never been further north than Fort William and I believe some of the roads up there are fantastic).

Just as @CheshireBumpkin said, I'm sure you'll love the car.!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, daveo138 said:

The postcode you have there is Chesterfield. Chelmsford is a bit further south. I hope you don't get lost! :o

I heard it's all down south and grim after Inverness!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Wet Kipper said:

enjoy the journey - and the new car

hopefully that accident on the M6 will have been cleared by then

Not to worry I am sure there will be another one along in minute or 2

Yes, the postcode you quoted is Skoda Chesterfield. I've just taken delivery of a new Superb SE 150 DSG Estate from there (22nd May) and can recommend them. Good deal, delivery on time and good handover!

Good luck with your journey and purchase!

Enjoy the car and the road trip! I've had my new-to-me 6 month old 2.0 TDi SEL-exec 4x4 for around 6 weeks now and am very pleased with it. The sportline does look absolutely fantastic!

Thanks Dubzter, now I feel much better about flying from London to Glasgow and then getting the train to Ayr to pick up my new car in a few weeks. Was looking forward to the drive home anyway.

• Like 1

On 2017-6-2 at 14:16, Wet Kipper said:

enjoy the journey - and the new car

hopefully that accident on the M6 will have been cleared by then

Accidents on the M6 are never really cleared, they just make way for the next one. If people start to move too freely, Highways England enforce the 40mph on "smart" sections of the motorway.

• Like 2