Rear view camera retrofitted to SII L&K

16 hours ago, 26DIPP said:

R/W - Red / White.

You want a switched 12V. That is the power supply to the controller. If you only power the controller up when the car is in reverse the gateway will be throwing up errors all the time because it cannot contact the controller. I tapped into it in the A-pillar.

So I'm assuming that RW+ in the picture means rear wiper feed ,

22 hours ago, 26DIPP said:

R/W - Red / White.

You want a switched 12V. That is the power supply to the controller. If you only power the controller up when the car is in reverse the gateway will be throwing up errors all the time because it cannot contact the controller. I tapped into it in the A-pillar.

the rear wiper fuse is a switched live , can i take the power from there then earth to car body :blink:

Ok 

1/ put twin fuse into rear washwipe on fuse box then earth other cable 

Edited by craigandrew

Did you read my reply?

I took the picture when I first bought the cable loom and was not quite sure about the wiring connections. I went through ERWIN wiring diagrams and loads of threads to get the answer. Try the wiper if you think it leads to a result. I can not help you on that.

Edited by 26DIPP

On 25/11/2018 at 18:02, 26DIPP said:

R/W - Red / White.

im asuming the R/W - Red / White. are on th iso that plug into the backof the headunit

and bat br go's tothe iso as well. ,

i have had a quote for fitting.

Never fitted a camera to a superb I would guess a around £360 inc vat

aes reto fit bristol

Screenshot_20181129-205843_Chrome.thumb.jpg.841a0eb5b28c25adff5b2a1f921debff.jpg

Edited by craigandrew

On 26/11/2018 at 21:39, 26DIPP said:

Did you read my reply?

I took the picture when I first bought the cable loom and was not quite sure about the wiring connections. I went through ERWIN wiring diagrams and loads of threads to get the answer. Try the wiper if you think it leads to a result. I can not help you on that.

Could you please write all wire connections here? I dont understand where to connect other cables, (orange/brown and orange/purple from DVB-T and same from RVC unit) are they must connected together to Can L and Can H?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, janar said:

Could you please write all wire connections here? I dont understand where to connect other cables, (orange/brown and orange/purple from DVB-T and same from RVC unit) are they must connected together to Can L and Can H?

this is what ive found recently it should say on the top of your head unit witch conection is can hi and can low, pic belowe is just an example

Connection:

Orange - CAN High

Brown - CAN Low

Red - 12V

Black - GND

all i realy need to find out now is if the Red - 12V 

ca be connected to the rear wash/wipe fuse as thats a switched live feed:wondering:

https://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/rear-view-cameras/oem-rvc-rear-view-highline-camera/

VW Passat RNS510 wiring connector.jpg

Edited by craigandrew

On my superb estate there is a 12v power supply socket on the n/side 
Can you not take it from there?
I would not be piggy backing to a wiper supply 
Just asking for trouble with these Canbus cars

Edited by DEL80Y
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, craigandrew said:

this is what ive found recently

Connection:

Orange - CAN High

Brown - CAN Low

Red - 12V

Black - GND

all i realy need to find out now is if the Red - 12V 

ca be connected to the rear wash/wipe fuse as thats a switched live feed:wondering:

https://www.cars-equipment.com/www/en/shop/rear-view-cameras/oem-rvc-rear-view-highline-camera/

If you want to do it in fuse box, then its OK, no problem.

I dont have this loom like in your link. Mine is exactly same like in this first post, with TV and RVC connectors.

As I understand then:

RVC connector and

2 x white - boot handle camera

Red/White - switched 12V+

Brown - Ground 

twisted orange/brown and orange/purple - Can-high and Can-low (Columbus)

TV connector and

Red/Yellow - switched 12V+

Brown - Ground

twisted orange/brown and orange/purple - ???

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

Edited by janar
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, janar said:

I dont have this loom like in your link. Mine is exactly same like in this first post, with TV and RVC connectors.

As I understand then:

RVC connector and

Brown - Ground 

TV connector and

Brown - Ground

yes im doing away with the tv tunner, cant realy see the point of it, you get rubbish signal from it and as im driving it would disable the tv tunner anyway,

24 minutes ago, janar said:

As I understand then:

RVC connector and

Brown - Ground 

TV connector and

Brown - Ground

IMG_1043.jpg

IMG_1047.jpg

just a quick question

is your tv tunner plugged into your headunit then your tapping the cables into the plug that goes into the tv tunner, ???

Edited by craigandrew
spelling

The orange/brown and orange/purple are the Can-supplies. They are a MUST and cannot be left unconnected. There are different Can buses in the Superb. Make sure you connect it to the corresponding colours.Or / Br Can low, Or / purple Can high Infotainment. Or / Gr Can high drive. Or / Sw Can high ....

The Red/White and the Red/Yellow are both switched 12V. I connected both onto a Red/White in the A-pillar.

Brown is ground.

You connect the components in the order:

Camera - TV Tuner - Camera controller - Columbus.

11 hours ago, DEL80Y said:

On my superb estate there is a 12v power supply socket on the n/side 
Can you not take it from there?
I would not be piggy backing to a wiper supply 
Just asking for trouble with these Canbus cars

I'm assuming you mean the power socket in the boot. 

That's 12 constant live,

2 hours ago, Gazdok said:

The orange/brown and orange/purple are the Can-supplies. They are a MUST and cannot be left unconnected. There are different Can buses in the Superb. Make sure you connect it to the corresponding colours.Or / Br Can low, Or / purple Can high Infotainment. Or / Gr Can high drive. Or / Sw Can high ....

The Red/White and the Red/Yellow are both switched 12V. I connected both onto a Red/White in the A-pillar.

Brown is ground.

Ware in the A Pillar,  Please 

12 hours ago, Gazdok said:

Brown is ground.

Thank you Gazdok, its helpful! I have only one problem yet. If you see my pictures, i have same colors in both twisted wires. I dont have or/gr cable. Which cables goes to pins 9 and 10? And if you know, what are the other pins? If I connect them wrong, what happens?

craigandrew,

I took the Red/White within the cable loom where it goes down from the fuse board under the floor carpet in the driver side footwell. Look at my picture 6.

Janar,

you should NOT have an Or/Gr in the RVC system. I just mentioned it, because it is another CAN bus system on the car. If you do not connect the CAN bus or connect it wrong the TV or RVC will not get and send the correct information to the gateway.

8 minutes ago, Gazdok said:

Janar,

you should NOT have an Or/Gr in the RVC system. I just mentioned it, because it is another CAN bus system on the car. If you do not connect the CAN bus or connect it wrong the TV or RVC will not get and send the correct information to the gateway.

So, both or/br goes to CAN-low and both or/prpl gos to CAN-high?

Tried to connect all wires as suggested, but nothing happened. I think that problem is in coding. If i tried to activate rvc with vcds, i have there only choise "rvc LOW installed" in navigation adaption. Did not find rvc HIGH anywhere.  After activating, appears on screen right bottom corner rvc image when shift is reverse. If i push on icon, then i see black screen only.

Any ideas?

B9CD26F7-EEFC-4B0E-B14D-034AFADF02AE.jpeg

96F413A8-EDBD-4A7F-9F4E-D2B15C827919.jpeg

Check this thread:

This goes for high version, but I remeber when I coded my camera, I found isntructions somewhwre in net, searched something like B6 passat RVC retrofit VCDS coding.

Edited by linni

Check your connections again properly. When I put the Columbus back in after fitting I slightly dislodged the plug. Also check the controller in the back.

You have to go into Ctr 19, 6c, 10.

Have you got any DTCs?

Post an autoscan.

Edited by 26DIPP

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you linni, it helps! Finally  I got RVC picture on my columbus screen. But of course, now i have new problem - I dont have guiding lines on screen. If I look on VCDS backcamera adaptions then I see steering angles but on screen not even green box. Camera what i have is 5ND 827 566 C and RVC unit is 7N0 907 441. Is it possible to activate these guidelines somewhere or i have wrong spare parts?

Edited by janar
typo

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/12/2018 at 19:40, janar said:

Thank you linni, it helps! Finally  I got RVC picture on my columbus screen. But of course, now i have new problem - I dont have guiding lines on screen. If I look on VCDS backcamera adaptions then I see steering angles but on screen not even green box. Camera what i have is 5ND 827 566 C and RVC unit is 7N0 907 441. Is it possible to activate these guidelines somewhere or i have wrong spare parts?

I thought I have wrong camera and bought camera 5N0827566AB, but problem still exist, i dont see guidelines :(