Delivery Timescales

2 minutes ago, Remis said:

Yes, it's 1.5TSI with DSG.

At the time I ordered, I also thought of that engine but then I went to the 1.0 tsi manual.
Good luck with the car.:)

12 minutes ago, Remis said:

Just received a call from the dealer this morning! Collecting my Octy on Wednesday :)

Car journey so far: 

Order placed: 14/02/2018

Original (unconfirmed) build week: week 21

Confirmed build week: week 17

Car built: 04/05/2018 (+79 days)

In transit to Emden: 06/04/2018 (+2 days)

At Emden: 09/05/2018 (+3 days)

Shipped: 13/05/2018 (+4 days)

At Sheerness in the UK: 14/05/2018 (+1 day)

En route to the dealer: 19/05/2018 (+5 days)

At the dealership: 21/05/2018 (+2 days)

Collection: 23/05/2018 (+2 days)

The total number of days: 98 days

A very informative, helpful post. Thanks!

Roll on Wednesday and enjoy the car!!

On 20/05/2018 at 12:10, Remis said:

Yes, it's 1.5TSI with DSG.

Good choice - colour?

15 minutes ago, YMe said:

Good choice - colour?

Now you know there can only be one :D. Which colour is the best and the fastest?? B)

1 hour ago, peterhardy said:

Congratulations! Race Blue is internationally recognised as THE choice of the discerning customer! :D

well, it *was*, until they started allowing it on non-vRS models and it lost its exclusivity ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello.

Order my Octavia 1.0 TSI style on 05 of April.

On the 28 of May i received an sms from Skoda informing that my car has scheduled production.

This means that it is the production week??

thanks

My Octavia 1.0 SE Estate has been at Emden for over a week now.  I'm driving to Austria on 23/6 and had been hoping to have it by then but I don't think that's going to happen.  Dealer is considering whether to loan me a car rather than put miles on my Yeti.  

John

1 hour ago, jst_at_home said:

My Octavia 1.0 SE Estate has been at Emden for over a week now.  I'm driving to Austria on 23/6 and had been hoping to have it by then but I don't think that's going to happen.  Dealer is considering whether to loan me a car rather than put miles on my Yeti.  

John

Hi John

It does look unlikely that you will have your Octy in time, though there's an outside chance. Fingers crossed for you though!

Peter.

Edited by peterhardy

On 06/06/2018 at 19:12, Almeida said:

Hello.

Order my Octavia 1.0 TSI style on 05 of April.

On the 28 of May i received an sms from Skoda informing that my car has scheduled production.

This means that it is the production week??

thanks

Hi Almeida

Sorry, I must have missed your post.

I would have expected them to tell you the build week allocated to your car. Usually this is 2 weeks later, so hopefully built by tomorrow.

Have you had any further information?

2 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Hi John

It does look unlikely that you will have your Octy in time, though there's an outside chance. Fingers crossed for you though!

Peter.

I'm hoping for a Kodiaq :D

3 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Hi Almeida

Sorry, I must have missed your post.

I would have expected them to tell you the build week allocated to your car. Usually this is 2 weeks later, so hopefully built by tomorrow.

Have you had any further information?

No more news at this time. 

Hope this week for something.

14 minutes ago, Almeida said:

No more news at this time. 

Hope this week for something.

With a bit of luck your car has been built and has left the factory. :sweat:

I ordered last week of March (1.4 SEL est). It was built last week of May, and of yesterday it was 'sat in Germany waiting for a boat' - my contact said that there are quite a few waiting there, and thinks there must be some kind of issue.

Good thing is that I've gone from a bit excited to get a new car, to terrified on spending so much on a car (more than 3x what I've ever spent), and back to looking forward to it again!

Edited by AlexBlue
typo
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, peterhardy said:

With a bit of luck your car has been built and has left the factory. :sweat:

That would be great.

My dealer said  that I will receive an sms confirming the prodution of the car.

And then one more month to get the car.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, AlexBlue said:

I ordered last week of March (1.4 SEL est). It was built last week of May, and of yesterday it was 'sat in Germany waiting for a boat' - my contact said that there are quite a few waiting there, and thinks there must be some kind of issue.

Good thing is that I've gone from a bit excited to get a new car, to terrified on spending so much on a car (more than 3x what I've ever spent), and back to looking forward to it again!

Mine's in the same boat (pun intended).  Built last week in May and waiting at Emden for a boat to UK since at least 7th June.  I was told that there had been an issue with some UK ports being congested as they were full of new cars waiting for collection.  Don't know if that's true.

john 

13 hours ago, jst_at_home said:

Mine's in the same boat (pun intended).  Built last week in May and waiting at Emden for a boat to UK since at least 7th June.  I was told that there had been an issue with some UK ports being congested as they were full of new cars waiting for collection.  Don't know if that's true.

john 

3 plus week waits at Grimsby are not uncommon.  My car sat on the ship in port for a week before another week on the dockside.  If you had a car transporter you could make a lot of money at the moment :D

17 minutes ago, Reddazforever said:

3 plus week waits at Grimsby are not uncommon.  My car sat on the ship in port for a week before another week on the dockside.  If you had a car transporter you could make a lot of money at the moment :D

On the other hand, dealer is loaning me a 1 month old Superb Sportline Hatch 1.4 DSG to take to Austria rather than put the miles on my Yeti :biggrin:.  Hopefully when I get back the Octavia will have arrived.

• Like 2