Delivery Timescales

7 hours ago, RDVantage said:

Order to Delivery time 211 days.

6 hours ago, Ursicles said:

Mine will arrive next friday... 233 days since ordering!!

Both of these make my 161 day wait seem like a quick turn around!!  Well done both for toughing it out, it's worth the wait!!

Hello.

My Octavia arrived yesterday in the (PATARA Ship) at Port of Setúbal, Portugal.

Today was the official confirmation.

The car still needs to be prepared, then registered and then yes I will finally receive the key.

About 15 days.

:D

4 hours ago, AlexBlue said:

Mines being delivered to dealer today. Ordered end of March. So 100ish days.  Lightning fast!

Lucky beggar!!

2 hours ago, Almeida said:

Hello.

My Octavia arrived yesterday in the (PATARA Ship) at Port of Setúbal, Portugal.

Today was the official confirmation.

The car still needs to be prepared, then registered and then yes I will finally receive the key.

About 15 days.

:D

That's great news, Almeida!!  Nearly there now... :thumbup:

Sounds like I got off lightly.

Ordered 30th April, built 28th May, arrived in Emden 5th June, Grimsby 19th June, at dealer 28th June, collected 4th July.

65 days and the dealer texted every week with progress, can’t complain really.

I can only guess that closing the VRS order books freed up some space on the production line.

Seems like you did very well!!

65 days order to collection must be a new record :bow:.  Your dealer texting every week is impressive too!!  Maybe you need to put some cash on the lottery this week!

Enjoy your car!!  :thumbup:

3 hours ago, peterhardy said:

Seems like you did very well!!

65 days order to collection must be a new record :bow:.  Your dealer texting every week is impressive too!!  Maybe you need to put some cash on the lottery this week!

Enjoy your car!!  :thumbup:

Ordered 22nd February, collecting today, 9th July.  137 days!

John

And here it is.  Octavia 1.0 SE DSG Estate in Energy Blue.

Extras fitted are:

Rear side airbags and crew protection

Adaptive Cruise Control

Heated front seats

Floor mats

Net partition 

Colour Maxi-Dot display

Electrically adjustable and heated mirrors.

John

octavia.JPG

• Like 3

19 hours ago, jst_at_home said:

Ordered 22nd February, collecting today, 9th July.  137 days!

John

It's amazing the variation in waiting times!  I think at least one vRS 245 owner had waited 230+ days (with a loan car provided from Skoda) to the 65 days quoted just above.

I gave up trying to work out the rhythm or reason for it  during my 161 day wait.

Dealers will be ordering demonstrators fairly frequently. I suspect that for my short build time, they swapped out one of their orders for mine (or reconfigured their existing order to my spec).

16 minutes ago, DC79 said:

Dealers will be ordering demonstrators fairly frequently. I suspect that for my short build time, they swapped out one of their orders for mine (or reconfigured their existing order to my spec).

This could well be it, or down to the engine specified, or the trim level, or how many slots your dealer has left for the month, how full the boat is or whether Mars is in conjunction with Venus :D.

1 hour ago, jst_at_home said:

And here it is.  Octavia 1.0 SE DSG Estate in Energy Blue.

Extras fitted are:

Rear side airbags and crew protection

Adaptive Cruise Control

Heated front seats

Floor mats

Net partition 

Colour Maxi-Dot display

Electrically adjustable and heated mirrors.

John

octavia.JPG

I think the blue looks really good. After a lot of criticism around the place I was starting to wonder, but seeing this makes me think 'yeah, I'll be well happy with that'.  Collecting mine this Friday (13th !!). Thinking black rear bumper protection will look best rather than chrome or brushed effect.

2 hours ago, peterhardy said:

It's amazing the variation in waiting times!  I think at least one vRS 245 owner had waited 230+ days (with a loan car provided from Skoda) to the 65 days quoted just above.

I gave up trying to work out the rhythm or reason for it  during my 161 day wait.

230 days??  Amateurs!!

Try 263 days, with past 115 days in various cars paid for by VW!

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, AlexBlue said:

I think the blue looks really good. After a lot of criticism around the place I was starting to wonder, but seeing this makes me think 'yeah, I'll be well happy with that'.  Collecting mine this Friday (13th !!). Thinking black rear bumper protection will look best rather than chrome or brushed effect.

While on holiday with the llocal an Superb, we tried to think of a name for "cheapskate blue".

my wife came upmwith Canny Blue and Savvy Blue....the thinking person's colour.

j

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexBlue said:

Observations.

I wasn't sure if we would get the automatic headlights switch poition.  We didn't.

I didn't expect a rear centre armrest.  We've got one (with a "ski" hatch).

We appear to have Front Assist.  I didn't expect it but presume its part of the adaptive cruise control.

We appear to have Drive Mode Select, or at least there is a configurable option in the setup.

John

46 minutes ago, jst_at_home said:

Observations.

I wasn't sure if we would get the automatic headlights switch poition.  We didn't.

I didn't expect a rear centre armrest.  We've got one (with a "ski" hatch).

We appear to have Front Assist.  I didn't expect it but presume its part of the adaptive cruise control.

We appear to have Drive Mode Select, or at least there is a configurable option in the setup.

John

That's interesting ours came with auto lights  I'm guessing that's one of the extras the se tech ads.  but we don't seem to have drive modes ( where did you find it)

We went for 

1.0 se tech dsg estate, mirrors, wheel upgrade, variable boot, rear cam.

What's your fuel consumption like?  I find leaving the dsg in d rather than manual really lowers it averaging around 35 mpg after 100 miles

20 hours ago, RDVantage said:

That's interesting ours came with auto lights  I'm guessing that's one of the extras the se tech ads.  but we don't seem to have drive modes ( where did you find it)

We went for 

1.0 se tech dsg estate, mirrors, wheel upgrade, variable boot, rear cam.

What's your fuel consumption like?  I find leaving the dsg in d rather than manual really lowers it averaging around 35 mpg after 100 miles

I've only just passed 100 miles and the display is showing 41 mpg.  I'm hoping for better as the engine (and yours) must be pretty tight.

See the photographs re drive modes.  Mine has a Bolero system.  The options are there but whether they do anything I haven't had time to check.

There was a reason why we didn't go for a Tech, I think it was the finance deal.

John

IMG_1136.JPG

IMG_1137.JPG

IMG_1138.JPG

This is my Energy blue (1.5 SEL). Sales guy even came in on his day off to greet me, which was a lovely touch (cynic in me says it was just so he could tick the box to earn his commission ;)  though I know it's not true)

It is a very standard blue, in as much is the red is a standard red, and white is, well, white. Next to a car in race blue, it's not far off the same shade, just non-metallic. Does the job just nicely, especially when you've spent that £500 on heated seats and windscreen instead! - so don't knock it!

I also have the removable towbar, which sits in the spare wheel when not in use. 

I'm most impressed by the arrangements in the boot, split floor, plenty of hooks, space for the retractable parcel shelf if not being used, and space for roof bars!

Sat-nav was a let-down on the way home - at a few junctions on the A42 it wanted me to come off and rejoin, plus some other rather odd bear left or right instructions. Good thing I knew where I was going. I expect I'll use the android hookup in future once I've had a play.

Oh, and mine came with 3 keys. Wasn't expecting that.

As for economy, the maxidot reading was 56.6mpg for the 165 mile journey home (even hit 59.9 average at one point!). Alas the majority of that was between 50 and 60 in steady but busy conditions, so a completely unachievable benchmark for the future!!

I'll be pimping it up with door sill and rear bumper protection.  Plus something to cover the back seats cos I've got children. I'm thinking of getting the front half wrapped for protection and paint longevity.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950daimageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950daInkedIMG_20180713_102217_LI.thumb.jpg.5cce93b5976734994fb21272d7741477.jpg

Edited by AlexBlue
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, AlexBlue said:

This is my Energy blue (1.5 SEL). Sales guy even came in on his day off to greet me, which was a lovely touch (cynic in me says it was just so he could tick the box to earn his commission ;)  though I know it's not true)

It is a very standard blue, in as much is the red is a standard red, and white is, well, white. Next to a car in race blue, it's not far off the same shade, just non-metallic. Does the job just nicely, especially when you've spent that £500 on heated seats and windscreen instead! - so don't knock it!

I also have the removable towbar, which sits in the spare wheel when not in use. 

I'm most impressed by the arrangements in the boot, split floor, plenty of hooks, space for the retractable parcel shelf if not being used, and space for roof bars!

Sat-nav was a let-down on the way home - at a few junctions on the A42 it wanted me to come off and rejoin, plus some other rather odd bear left or right instructions. Good thing I knew where I was going. I expect I'll use the android hookup in future once I've had a play.

Oh, and mine came with 3 keys. Wasn't expecting that.

As for economy, the maxidot reading was 56.6mpg for the 165 mile journey home (even hit 59.9 average at one point!). Alas the majority of that was between 50 and 60 in steady but busy conditions, so a completely unachievable benchmark for the future!!

I'll be pimping it up with door sill and rear bumper protection.  Plus something to cover the back seats cos I've got children. I'm thinking of getting the front half wrapped for protection and paint longevity.

imageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950daimageproxy.php?img=&key=66c1d7df650950daInkedIMG_20180713_102217_LI.thumb.jpg.5cce93b5976734994fb21272d7741477.jpg

Nice! Apart from the colour, that's pretty much the spec I've ordered.

Enjoy!!! 

• Like 1

FFS there's nothing wrong with that colour

It's a nice car

Mine is the very very uncommon quartz grey BTW at least you showed a bit of individualism

11 hours ago, Cakemonster said:

Nice! Apart from the colour, that's pretty much the spec I've ordered.

Enjoy!!! 

See above,fat finger error