Lowering The Rapid

Just looking for a bit of advice regarding lowering the Rapid Sport.

I'm picking it up on Friday, and overall really pleased with how it looks and drove, except the massive gaps in the arches.

Been having a look online and the 2 that seem to crop up most are the Eibach's and the H&R's. 

Anyone running them and any problems with either?

Cheers 

3 minutes ago, AutoScholar said:

I had mine lowered on OEM lowering springs before delivery. I like them; it's a decent compromise.

How much did the OE ones lower the car by? 

OEM is a 30mm Eibach drop.

Skoda kits only suitable for heavier motors 1.6TDi and 1.4TSi -

However the correct spring rates for the 1.2 are available from Eibach online.

@Stormchaserhad the SKoda Approved kit on a 1.2TSi and ended up with the nose in the air and messed up handling.

@JonBRapid has an unknown lowering setup (from his pictures its clearly not stock) which gives horrendous tyre wear.

H&R do 35mm drop springs.

Someone in the "a pic of your rapid" thread has gone for a bigger drop at the back to level the Spaceback off 35/40 I think.

In Rapid Projects:

@Copey has shorter struts too giving 60mm-ish I think.

@RiderXXL went for coilovers in the end and adjusted the height to what he needed.

Eibach's... Official ones for the car and engine (insurance told about it) and your right hurendous tyre wear - will be checking them the end of this month!

I do live on an estate with huge speed bumps! It looks like it should have to begin with... Although the next car will have to be a Q7 or a defender!!!

Edited by JonBRapid

• 5 weeks later...

I was going have Eibachs fitted but if it causes tyre wear I'll not bother..

why would lower springs cause tyre wear?

6 hours ago, charles said:

I was going have Eibachs fitted but if it causes tyre wear I'll not bother..

why would lower springs cause tyre wear?

Tracking not been done right after i guess

• Like 2

Whenever you change the ride height of a vehicle you must get the alignment done - changing the ride height changes the alignment. On my MX5 this would be all 4 wheels, might be only the fronts on the Rapid!

• Like 2

Does anyone have a link to the eibach springs that are right for the 1.2 110bhp model? If the tyre wear is caused by the alignment not being done then that is a quick fix, just get them fitted at a place that can do the alignment. I'm still tempted to get the Revo remap and the eibach springs on my Rapid.

• Like 2

On 19/07/2017 at 20:47, liveseytowers said:

Does anyone have a link to the eibach springs that are right for the 1.2 110bhp model? If the tyre wear is caused by the alignment not being done then that is a quick fix, just get them fitted at a place that can do the alignment. I'm still tempted to get the Revo remap and the eibach springs on my Rapid.

Have a look on the eibach website ... ...I'm waiting for the record discount to come back round (it was really good offer for black Friday - I should have got it done then really!!!)

I'm convinced that it's just where I live putting the tracking out...

• 3 years later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Member @BossFox had a very early Rapid on 18s and lowered springs. Pictures were on here.

I think searching the Rapid forums for "Yellow" would find it way back in 2012/13.

The "A pic of your car" thread also had pictures of a silver Rapid Connect on 18 inch Rotas and OEM 30mm drop spings,

and a Spaceback on 8.5x18 BBS LM with a 35mm/40mm drop F/R.

Edited by camelspyyder

15 hours ago, camelspyyder said:

No, but just read through it. Very nice car, not a fan of black wheels in general but the stance and the size is what I'm planning to do.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally got mine done, came across someone on eBay selling a brand new OEM Eibach 30mm kit. Some side-by-side before and after pics. The pics don't do it justice, it's a definite upgrade option IMO as it (like others say) should have been that height to begin with ... 

SKODA_RAPID_LOWERED_FRONT.thumb.png.45f346ac267109ea513bdc47ce2f3dd7.png

SKODA_RAPID_LOWERED_BACK.thumb.png.85b92bcaa073e17a7e7cd8e88d1884ba.png