Water on front door sills

I have just bought (Jan2017) a 2013  Roomster 1.2 DSG Automatic Nice to drive and handle. The car lives on the drive recently after light rain I noticed water on the inside of both front door sills. I think the door seals have perished slightly but....... what do I know. Has anyone else had this problem.

It will be going back to the dealer to look at along with tailgate strut leaking and rusty.

Welcome, 

i think you will find that even new ones had water gather in the doors and when you open doors the water drains out.

Fabia & Roomsters.

Remember and drain the doors come winter time because a few litres of H20 once it freezes in a door gets heavy.

It can be the case the drivers door is emptied because used every time the car is but passenger door maybe not.

Hi Enryroomster and welcome to Briskoda.

Could you please confirm where exactly you see the water?

Is the water resting on the top painted surface of the sill. or is the water soaking the carpet on the inside face of the sill?

Thank you both Awayoffski and Robjonfor the info re water on door sills.

I can confirm that the water is on the painted surface of the siils and not anywhere else. That really helps satisfy me that there is no major problem. 

I have never used a forum before, but as there are another 2 Skoda's on my street I will tell them both how useful the forum is, when you need that bit of info from other owners.

Yes - as Awayoffski has said, this is perfectly normal.  If you look underneath the doors, you will see the drain holes that drain water away from the inside of the door.

And when you have owned your Roomster a little longer, you will realise there is no rain gutter above the doors to channel the water away from the roof.  So as you open a door in the rain, you will get one or two drips of water from the roof.  Annoying, but all in the name of aerodynamic efficiency!

Briskoda is a brilliant forum.  Awayoffski and other members have been of immense help to me.

• 2 months later...

I too, agree this is normal at least on the Fabia. Open the doors after a deluge and they will drain a small amount of water. I usually open/close a few times on each door to try removing as much as possible but its not that much really.