Skoda OneApp - One app to rule them all

11 minutes ago, Blindek said:

U wont get Interent connection since you Navigation unit dosen't have a SIM car in it or it is not connected to a HotSpot on you Phone or CarStick. But you don't need Internet for the OneApp to work. 

Just connect to the HotSpot on your SatNav and open the App. Or Connect via USB cable and open the App over MirrorLink. But for the your phone must support MirrorLink (iPhone doesn't) or as i know the OneApp works over Apple CarPlay also! so try this! 

That's exactly what I did try mate, but no dice. I'm beginning to think the original info was correct and it's MY17 onward only. I did the following:

1) Create a wifi hotspot in Columbus' settings.

2) Connect to the hotspot on my iPhone (it shows connected - no internet).

3) Opened the app and it asked to connect - nothing for 10 minutes. Tried with the ignition on, and with the engine running. No joy.

4) Connected to USB and CarPlay opened. No app on the screen. Tried clicking the Skoda app but that just takes you to the CarPlay/MirrorLink options for you to choose the iPhone device again.

Looks like it just doesn't work. :sadsmile:

Then probably wont work. Maybe Skoda just changed the Hardware somewhere and some lucky guys with MJ2016 also have the right thing installed. The same goes for some MJ2017 cars have the new Infotainment Skin that came with MY2018 already build in (can be Coded) and the Online Funktions can be unlocked to (but you need a Code from Skoda, that you won't get...)

I've been using apple carplay for 8 months. When i saw oneapp news, i installed it too. i connected my iphone to fabia via usb. Oneapp icon appeared on bolero screen. But when i clicked on it, it said "please connect your phone via wifi or usb". I cant understand. It was connected already, i can play songs or open apple maps with carplay but it said "connect via wifi or usb" for oneapp.

Can somebody help me about this problem?

Sorry for my bad English.

I have a 2016 L&K and this works connected via the USB connection to my Lenovo mobile.

Only issues I have seen in 20 minutes of use is that it does not recognise british summer time and the average mpg it reports is way less than the maxidot reports.

I know the maxidot is not that accurate but the maxi dot was showing and average of 45mpg and the App was showing about 32mpg.

Now, can I get the App screen to show on the main screen so I can hide the phone away in its little cubby hole.

Works very well with just Apple CarPlay. The app appears on the Apple CarPlay interface and is good.

Used it with iPhone 7 Plus.

Only thing bugging is that it does not start recording your drive itself.

Meaning that everytime you start a new ride you need to open the app to make it record.

Now if they can make it so, that the only thing the user needs to do, is to plugg in the phone then it would be perfect.

Sidenote, it uses pretty much mobile data.

Used it on a roadtrip in Germany.

Prolly uploads all the stuff  to some webservice.

1 hour ago, ukgnome said:

I have a 2016 L&K and this works connected via the USB connection to my Lenovo mobile.

Only issues I have seen in 20 minutes of use is that it does not recognise british summer time and the average mpg it reports is way less than the maxidot reports.

I know the maxidot is not that accurate but the maxi dot was showing and average of 45mpg and the App was showing about 32mpg.

Now, can I get the App screen to show on the main screen so I can hide the phone away in its little cubby hole.

It starts recording when you open the App and doesn't show the same as the Car, since you already can look it up in the car...  So it can't show the same as the data in the car

Works well on Android and starts to record as soon as it connects to cars Wi-Fi, tried it with Apple and could not get it to work.

It is very interesting as it does sync the data from my Android phone to my iPad so can play back the trips on the iPad, need to be carefull though as it looks like it keeps a log of the speed so could possibly be used against you if there was a need. you can see logs of your RPM, HP etc and see them overlayed on the map of your trip. Still playing but looks to be a fun app.

John

Used it.  :thinking: Had to remove Android Auto from my phone to enable it to work.

Seems of no real value, doesn't add anything, you need to intervene to get it to go and the data is inaccurate.:wondering:

Deleted it.:thumbup:

Just more crap that we can manage without that clutters up systems but adds no value.  Like many other half arsed apps really, especially all the google guff that you cannot delete.:blink:  

If it doesn't work for you be thankful and move on you aren't missing anything.:whew:

Well. Actually it will have a value.

Imagine, if it would do:

1. Collect data automatically. Pretty much the only user action that would be needed is for the user to insert the price of the gas that he just refueled to the car. That´s the only thing that the cars infotainment system can´t know (in case when you dont have a internet connected car). If you do have a internet connected car, it will already know the fuel prize, so 100% non-user-related sustainability done!

2. The app makes the things that normal users do (i.e add fuel-up to your Fuelly, Spritmonitor or whatever) automatic. The ones that keep a log of the costs coming with a car know excactly what I mean hear. This will save you a lot of time.

3. Finally -> It is all in your pocket, not sh****ds of A4 cheque´s and stuff like that.

Lets be honoust, when you like to keep control of your stuff (economy, maintenance and so on and so and so on) then an automatic app that could do let´s say 50% of the stuff from you (which is about the time you use to insert your fuel-up data) would be really really great.

So I´m really looking forward to them developing the OneApp further, it has huge potential. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, inaaris said:

Well. Actually it will have a value.

Imagine, if it would do:

1. Collect data automatically. Pretty much the only user action that would be needed is for the user to insert the price of the gas that he just refueled to the car. That´s the only thing that the cars infotainment system can´t know (in case when you dont have a internet connected car). If you do have a internet connected car, it will already know the fuel prize, so 100% non-user-related sustainability done!

2. The app makes the things that normal users do (i.e add fuel-up to your Fuelly, Spritmonitor or whatever) automatic. The ones that keep a log of the costs coming with a car know excactly what I mean hear. This will save you a lot of time.

3. Finally -> It is all in your pocket, not sh****ds of A4 cheque´s and stuff like that.

Lets be honoust, when you like to keep control of your stuff (economy, maintenance and so on and so and so on) then an automatic app that could do let´s say 50% of the stuff from you (which is about the time you use to insert your fuel-up data) would be really really great.

So I´m really looking forward to them developing the OneApp further, it has huge potential. 

It will have a value, well maybe I might come back in 6 moths to see how it has progressed. But my imagination is better spent on other things than:

1. For what purpose, is it like playing cricket?  You need lots of stats to get on in life? Possibly for fleet managers but personal use?

2. Cost of the car I just look at my credit card receipts. I know what I paid, I know how much fuel I've put in, less than the Mondeo I had previously.  So it's cheaper to run between, 15-17 % better fuel economy do I need any more? Nope

3. Do I really need to know:

• that my average speed was 46.3 mph or 37.3? Nope.
  • what my top speed was and find it might be incriminating? Nope.
  • that my efficiency was 36% or 37.3%? Nope.
  • what my average RPM was? Nope.

Would you pay for it?  

If not then it can't be that good or that valuable to you.  

Oh I'm thorough I'm from Yorkshire.

But if i spend more time than I save and there are no benefits and I'm wasting money.

And now to put the tin foil helmet on, there are enough people/organisations collecting and collating data about me that I don't really need to help them any.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2017 at 21:45, starfighter said:

Downloaded the app to my iPone without a problem and logged in OK. The app will not connect to the car by either wifi or via USB. The car goes to the CarPlay screen and the Skoda app icon shows but it will not connect. All I get is an instruction to connect but no ability to do that as the phone scxreen is locked to the CarPlay screen.

I will see if I can get to a dealer.

I  get the same did you find an answer?

On 7/12/2017 at 23:01, firzen said:

I've been using apple carplay for 8 months. When i saw oneapp news, i installed it too. i connected my iphone to fabia via usb. Oneapp icon appeared on bolero screen. But when i clicked on it, it said "please connect your phone via wifi or usb". I cant understand. It was connected already, i can play songs or open apple maps with carplay but it said "connect via wifi or usb" for oneapp.

Can somebody help me about this problem?

Sorry for my bad English.

Your English is fine does anyone know what has to be done to get it to actually connect?

JCP. While the iPhone is connected to the car (in CarPlay mode) just double tap home button, close the app and open it in the CarPlay screen.

Should start working.

Atleast for me it sometimes crashes and needs restarting.

On 7/19/2017 at 20:17, JCP said:

Your English is fine does anyone know what has to be done to get it to actually connect?

Edited by inaaris

Do you have smartlink on the car?

Have you enabled the Wi-Fi hotspot on the car and connected to it?

Once these are confirmed it should all work (mine does)

John

speaking on andoird terms here, there are two ways to run this app:-

1. via mirrorlink - phone connected via usb cable.  this will present the skoda one app on your ur columbus.  u can present the various gauges/figures/views on the columbus directly.

2. via wifi - this will NOT give u the skoda one app on ur columbus, but it will allow the app on your phone to connect.  u can see all the various gauges/figures/views on your phone.

with #2, both car and phone need to be on the same wifi connection.

for me (connects 100% all the time with no intervention) - i turn on the phone's hotspot.  the columbus automatically hooks up to the phone's wifi.  skoda one app detects this and automatically fires up in the background, connects (to the car) and starts logging/recording.

if you use android auto, the app on the phone will still connect in the background to its big brother is watching thing.

14 hours ago, JCP said:

I have smartlink but as far as i know the amundsen doesn't have hotspot capability-isn't that a columbus thing?

On the Irish configurator, when upgrading from Bolero to Amundsen infotainment, you must also select Wifi & Phone box or Wifi, wifi is a zero cost option.

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded the App to my iPhone, connected to the car via WiFi, took it for a 5 min drive and it all worked great.  However, I tried it again on a longer drive and although I drove for over an hour, the phone only showed the first 10 mins.  Tried again and the same thing happened.  I think the fault is with the iPhone dropping the App after 10 mins or when it goes to sleep.  

Can anyone help in how to keep the App recording please.

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have just downloaded an update version of the OneApp application and the App now works properly with the phone not dropping out.  I was blaming the phone but it looks as if it was the application.

On 21/08/2017 at 13:47, 801802971 said:

I have just downloaded an update version of the OneApp application and the App now works properly with the phone not dropping out.  I was blaming the phone but it looks as if it was the application.

Sadly the new version still does not work for me. Only records data for the first mile on my commute into work in the mornings before dropping connection ( about 95% of journeys, other 5% no problem). Strangely though It ALWAYS works on my commute home in the afternoons. Guessing it doesn't like early starts ;0)

I've been running the app now for a couple of months via USB - Smartlink. Set up all of the gauges (HP, Torque, Acc/Brake, Fuel etc) and vehicle data. All of the live data works very well but the only gauge data that does not project any info on the screen/app is the engine torque. Updated the app 2days ago but still no joy.

The torque info is available via my Bluetooth OBD and the "Torque Pro" app so I know the ECU is seeing the data. Has anyone had the same issue or is it just on my vehicle?