Is there an update coming ?

ktm690rr

Interested to know if anyone has heard anything about the current Yeti undergoing a facelift or any tech change ?

Quite happy with my 2015 Elegance 170, just interested.

M

3 minutes ago, JCP said:

They have stopped making them, so no.

What !!, are you saying the Yeti model is discontinued or the 170 is discontinued ?

1 minute ago, gman88667733 said:

The Yeti as a whole, has been discontinued!

So if that's the case, does the recent bus-sized truck, Kodiaq something or another replace the Yeti ? If it does then it will be shame if Skoda drop the small 4x4 for a bus, it's so useful esp off road. Oh dear, VW is also out of the game due to their "growing" trend too.

M

The Karoq is going to be the Yeti replacement with the Kodiaq being the big brother.

My understanding is that they are no longer planning a Citigo replacement as they are concentrating on the SUV market instead

Just now, Gyp said:

The Karoq is going to be the Yeti replacement with the Kodiaq being the big brother.

My understanding is that they are no longer planning a Citigo replacement as they are concentrating on the SUV market instead

Just now, Gyp said:

Do you know if there any details released on the Karoq and where might I see them, tks.

M

New Seat Atteca clone called Karoq will be available to order in Oct.

The Yeti 170 was replaced by the 150 in 2014 or so when the car became Euro 6 compliant.

Plenty of threads on this and the release video on internet

Edited by kenfowler3966

Hi Everyone, tks for the replies, I've just seen the release info on the Karoq and as I suspected its another "truck sized" beast. Oh dear why have Skoda lost their way by slavishly following the "supersize me" trend. 

Anyway thanks guys, after 6 Skodas I may have to go elsewhere at the end of the year. Very sad.

M

Keep up at the back there!  The "replacement" for the Yeti is the Karoq - basically a re-badged SEAT Ateca.  Damn shame if you ask me.  I couldn't afford, or justify, replacing my 2010 Yeti with a last-chance facelift Yeti, so it looks like I'll be keeping this one at least until its tenth birthday, like I did my Scooby (I'd have bought another one of those if Subaru hadn't turned the Impreza into an Astra lookalike by the time I was in a position to move on).  I'm hoping/expecting that by the time I do get to replace the Yeti, there will be some realistic (which includes affordable) hybrid or even all-electric options on the market.  And that one will probably be the last non-autonomous car I ever own, unless I treat myself to a classic for my retirement.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/432031-yeti-never-to-be-bettered/

Which is why I have just bought one to hopefully last into my retirement in about 5 years now our company car scheme has stopped. So third Yeti for me but this time I could pick the drivetrain I wanted and not one limited by company rules to conform to co2 company limits. E.g. elegance Greenline last time.

As seat are producing a smaller suv 'arona 'based on the leon platform maybe there will be another yeti type from Skoda , perhaps  a KETI

Edited by Sad555
A
  • Like 1

I'm one of those that like the look of the Karoq and am looking forward to it coming out.

I will be happier having a petrol engine in one of those rather than in the Yeti which had to be a diesel for me.

2 hours ago, ejstubbs said:

Keep up at the back there!  The "replacement" for the Yeti is the Karoq - basically a re-badged SEAT Ateca.  Damn shame if you ask me.  I couldn't afford, or justify, replacing my 2010 Yeti with a last-chance facelift Yeti, so it looks like I'll be keeping this one at least until its tenth birthday, like I did my Scooby (I'd have bought another one of those if Subaru hadn't turned the Impreza into an Astra lookalike by the time I was in a position to move on).  I'm hoping/expecting that by the time I do get to replace the Yeti, there will be some realistic (which includes affordable) hybrid or even all-electric options on the market.  And that one will probably be the last non-autonomous car I ever own, unless I treat myself to a classic for my retirement.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/432031-yeti-never-to-be-bettered/

Yes, I had a new Impreza turbo back in '99. A fantastic, small, fast and characterful car.  Had it for 5 years, by which time the replacement had grown too big and lost its character.  Moved on to an Audi Avant which was good for 8 years, until 'progress' ballooned that to proportions too big for me to want.  That let me to the Yeti. Sadly the same is happening again...

Jaguar E pace is being revealed on the 13th July I believe. This should be VW Tiguan [ish] in size with lower spec models overlapping on price.

Might be worth a look.

Colin

I love my Yeti but I don't see what all the fuss is against the Karoq. I will likely get one when my lease ends in 2019. Yes it's generic design wise, but the Yeti is dated on the outside and inside ridiculously so IMO. I got it for function over form though like most. Many seem to complain about the increase in dimensions but your wife wouldn't notice the increases we're talking about if it was applied to your anatomy. I don't get it at all.

4 hours ago, eribaMotters said:

Jaguar E pace is being revealed on the 13th July I believe. This should be VW Tiguan [ish] in size with lower spec models overlapping on price.

Might be worth a look.

Colin

That's interesting as there is no guarantee I will be sticking with VWG. Jaguars existing SUV is ridiculously large.

Yes the Karoq is generic design wise, which is why I believe it will appeal more to the masses and sell in greater numbers than the Yeti ever did.  And yes the Yeti is dated on the outside and inside, which is probably why it is outsold by the Qashqai.  But for me, these are the charms of the Yeti - and just some of the reasons I bagged one before it was too late.

But my chief constraint with any car is whether it fits my garage.  All my previous cars did.  My Roomsters did.  My Yeti does - just.  The Karoq, with the extra couple of inches applied to its anatomy, doesn't.  My missus would notice that! ;)

13 hours ago, Sad555 said:

As seat are producing a smaller suv 'arona 'based on the leon platform maybe there will be another yeti type from Skoda , perhaps  a KETI

Isnt the new Arona more of a jacked up new Ibiza, rather than a Leon.

Not sure if there will be a Skoda equivalent (although a Fabia SUV has been rumoured for years).  

Like others have said, if overall dimensions are an issue (and many UK garages aren't large) so Karoq won't fit, then might have to look at other makes.  E.g. Hyundai Kona,  Kia Stonic, Vauxhall CrosslandX, Suzuki, Peugeot 2008, etc.   

Not or clear to me why Skoda decided to go big and soon medium size for its SUVs without a small-medium Yeti replacement.