Amundsen queries

Hi guys,

New car, and confused about two issues.

1. Do all Amundsen systems have voice control? I have the buttons, but nothing happens when I press them
  2. I can't seem to get the voice guidance for the navigation

Tried re booting by pressing the power for 30 seconds as one post here suggested, but no luck.

Suggestions?

Yes, but on my device it works only if you set all controls in English. 

Additionally, the map must be on English which isn't really the case usually.

So, basically, it does work but it doesn't. :D I don't use it, just tested it, nice thing in England I suppose.

For voice guidance check that the volume for navigation is not set to 0 & you havent set the voice to "mute".

There is an option in the setup menu for navigation volume controls.

I find often when changing the volume for the music, I actually change the navigation instruction volume as the voice cuts in while I'm changing the volume.

During the navigation instructions and for 1s or so afterwards you can use the scroll Wheel to increase the audio volume but afterwards its not so easy unless you wait until the next instruction & scroll-up the Wheel.

In my car pressing the voice control button briefly, initiates the Skoda voice control system which is so terrible I can't believe they put it into production....

If I hold it down for a second or two, it effectively sends a silent "Ok Google" to the Android Auto system, where any command works perfectly. I can even ask about the weather or my calendar schedule... :biggrin:

Edited by drewellis

On 10/07/2017 at 18:12, Gabbo said:

For voice guidance check that the volume for navigation is not set to 0 & you havent set the voice to "mute".

I find often when changing the volume for the music, I actually change the navigation instruction volume as the voice cuts in while I'm changing the volume.

During the navigation instructions and for 1s or so afterwards you can use the scroll Wheel to increase the audio volume but afterwards its not so easy unless you wait until the next instruction & scroll-up the Wheel.

I presume that this is in the nav settings for nav volume. I have set it to 25 [max] and the audio volume to complete mute when nav voice should come on. The audio mutes for a second on and off, when I presume the navigation voice should be kicking in, but there is no voice guidance at all.

On Amundsen, do you have the option to select the navigation voice language?

If I remember correctly I had a choice of 10 or so languages (on Columbus) & French, Turkish & English all give voice guidance.

As Nidza suggested, you could try English & see if this works but I guess you may have to ask your dealer why its not working.

Hi there! I'm new to this forum so I hope i'm posting on the right topic (if not, sorry). I'm from Romania and I recently bought a skoda octavia Mk III (1st registered in september 2013) from Germany. It has the Amundsen infotainment system, but I don't know wich model. Could someone tell me how can I find what kind of Amundsen do I own? It has BT and Navigation, but I didn't recieve the SD card with the maps. I talked to a Skoda representative and he told me that the SD card is ~420 euro. I think it's a bit "spicy", considering that I saw some Skoda Sd cards on Ebay for ~70 euro, but from what I read, not all the Skoda Sd cards on ebay are compatible with my type of Amundsen infotainment system. Here is a picture with the system information. Thank you for your patience, for reading all my post :)

20170717_192831.jpg

On 10/07/2017 at 13:42, Gabbo said:

If I do that, I then press the right hand scroll wheel, that gets the nav to repeat the last instruction, then use the left scroll wheel to correct the volume.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Daniel22 said:

I recently bought a skoda octavia Mk III (1st registered in september 2013) from Germany. It has the Amundsen infotainment system, but I don't know wich model.

from what I read, not all the Skoda Sd cards on ebay are compatible with my type of Amundsen infotainment system.

A 2013 O3 will have a MIB1 Amundsen - confirmed by the SW version number shown.

Get a Skoda SD card with part number beginning 5E0 051 236 followed by any suffix letter, then download the latest 2017/18 maps and copy them onto the card (if it's a really old card you may need to reformat it to FAT32 with 4K clusters).

2 hours ago, SWBoy said:

Get a Skoda SD card with part number beginning 5E0 051 236 followed by any suffix letter, then download the latest 2017/18 maps and copy them onto the card (if it's a really old card you may need to reformat it to FAT32 with 4K clusters).

Thanks for your reply. I will start searching for an Sd card with that part number. Have a nice day!

• 2 weeks later...
On 18.07.2017 at 10:33, SWBoy said:

Hello again! I found a guy that has two such Sd cards. One of them is this:

image.png.be8bb540034e85f92a372c38600a90fd.png

and this is the other:

image.png.438eed76eb18f9f9fcfdc48ff7a232f1.png

Can you please tell me what's the difference between Europe v1 and Europe v2? And wich one does suit my Amundsen Mib 1 best? I will use it traveling to Italy, Germany, Austria, Greece etc. I live in Romania, so I want to have that on my card too (so both the western and the eastern Europe). I would very much like if you can shed some light on this matter. Thank you!

Edited by Daniel22

41 minutes ago, Daniel22 said:

Can you please tell me what's the difference between Europe v1 and Europe v2? And which one does suit my Amundsen Mib 1 best?

v1 is just older maps than v2, both are very old - since you should (free) download and copy onto the card the newest maps (which cover all of Europe) then it doesn't matter which you buy IMHO.

2 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

v1 is just older maps than v2, both are very old - since you should (free) download and copy onto the card the newest maps (which cover all of Europe) then it doesn't matter which you buy IMHO.

Is there any point in buying either of these cards? For my Columbus system I just downloaded the latest maps onto an SD card I had lying around the house and that worked fine... 

Or does the Amundsen run the maps off the card and therefore needs an official Skoda card? 

18 minutes ago, drewellis said:

Or does the Amundsen run the maps off the card and therefore needs an official Skoda card? 

Exactly this is the case.

Official Škoda card is mandatory. In principle easy to use and update maps, but an issue if cards gets broken.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nidza said:

Exactly this is the case.

Official Škoda card is mandatory. In principle easy to use and update maps, but an issue if cards gets broken.

Understand :). I recall that my niece has a Polo which has the same sort of SD-based sat nav. Her car didn't come with a card, but luckily we told the dealer and they gave her one for free 

Thanks a lot! That's what I was kind of thinking, but wasn't quite sure. Thanks again! I'll go for the v2 then, if it's all the same.

Should be supplied by the dealer, when we picked ours up the sales rep went and got the DVD case and popped it in the slot in the car. Ask the dealer?

Cheers,

Jamie 

2 minutes ago, JamieA said:

Should be supplied by the dealer, when we picked ours up the sales rep went and got the DVD case and popped it in the slot in the car. Ask the dealer?

Cheers,

Jamie 

Yeah, thanks! I mentioned before (few posts up) that i've bought a second hand Octavia Mk III estate, from Germany (I live in Romania) and the car came without the Navigation Sd card. I asked a Skoda representative for one and they told me it cost ~400 Euro :o. After searching for a few days I found one on the internet at about 40 Euro. Therefore I'm going to purchase that one. Thanks anyway! Have a nice day!

1 minute ago, Daniel22 said:

Yeah, thanks! I mentioned before (few posts up) that i've bought a second hand Octavia Mk III estate, from Germany (I live in Romania) and the car came without the Navigation Sd card. I asked a Skoda representative for one and they told me it cost ~400 Euro :o. After searching for a few days I found one on the internet at about 40 Euro. Therefore I'm going to purchase that one. Thanks anyway! Have a nice day!

Ahh, sorry missed that! Hope it works for you!

Cheers,

Jamie