Front plastic covers missing ?

ManThatCan

Help !  I've just collected a 17 plate Yeti, and there appear to be two small plastic covers missing from the lower front bumper trim, one on each side.  Exposed is a Allen key head, are these headlight adjusters ?  I rang the dealer but they were no help, thought I meant the headlight washers.  They're above the fog lights, there are three vertical bars about 30mm. And the this square hole

Edited by ManThatCan
Additional info

If just above the fog lights they are the trim that is pulled off to gain access to the fog lights for bulb replacement.
Strange that they are both missing on a new car, they do require a fair tug to remove them.

It looks as if you need a couple of these (they're left and right handed and also different if you have parking sensors). 

596b0bec1cdf9_Yetifogtrim.PNG.6ab6dedef8ac8c92d9b0c461d6a6042e.PNG

Who answered the phone when you rang the Dealers?

You might need to call in or put the issue in writing and have it resolved if you received your new car with some bits missing.

Sooner rather than later.  Deal with a Manager, Sales, Workshop or Principal Dealer not someone with not a care in the world about the screw heads uncovered.

Thanks everyone, it's an outdoor so it has front parking sensors, need to read how these work as only seem to display when you're in reverse ? Makes no sense, however these are in place, they look like covers exposes access to hex nuts.  Back to the dealer in the morning anyway.  I'll post a pic shortly.

If front sensors required without first putting into reverse just press the switch just in front of the gear lever.
Also if they are on you can press that switch to turn them off.

• Like 1

Thanks again everyone, here's a picture of the offside, but the nearside is the same (just the other way around), the little circle is the parking sensor ?, there are two more either side of the front number plate, the issue is the exposed hex bolt, this looks as though it should have a cover, missing both sides.

OutDr2_R.jpg

outdr1_R.jpg

10 hours ago, Urrell said:

If front sensors required without first putting into reverse just press the switch just in front of the gear lever.
Also if they are on you can press that switch to turn them off.

Thanks, that's great.  Does it have a symbol on it ?

Yes it is a letter 'P' firing rays at a beacon sort of like this P))A 

Edited by RickT

Great, found it, tested it.  It was in the manual which I haven't read yet.  Manual is so much better than my 2011 Octavia which was very confusing.

Any further thoughts on the missing covers and what the hex does  - see pics above ?

No doubt the dealer will fix, but I'm curious to know what the screws do and WHY on a new car would need both to be removed and not re-fitted ?

They are pull off parts to get access to the screw that holds the fog lights in.
Just trim pieces but they should be there.

I had front parking sensors retro-fitted.  When the job was finished the guy who did the work (excellent work by the way) didn't have these two small click in covers which he sent to me the following day - as said before, they just click in place.