Misting up windscreen

We are three weeks in with our fl vrs,well pleased with things so far but have a couple of niggles? 1. The windscreen seems to mist up to easy(even in the last hot two days) am I doing something wrong? Heater on low,with windscreen button pressed,along with face and feeton the first light on the heater dial, this is how my mk 2 superb would have been, and I never had this problem in summer before? I have checked carpets ect but everything seems dry. Any thoughts?2. Seem to here more road noise/wind noise from passenger side drives door than the drivers? It felt when passenger I waned to put the window up a little bit more if you get what I mean. Thanks paul

Just put the AC in auto, it'll handle it all for you as it has humidity as well as temperature sensors, in extremes just press the windscreen button & back into auto 60 seconds later when its cleared the screen.

Don't play with fan speed, thats where its going wrong for you.

• Like 2

If your car is new the windscreen will mist up more easily as a film of chemicals in the new plastics are released & build up on the windscreen.

you should wipe the windscreen every couple of weeks to clear it & the misting will not appear as often.

I had to do mine for about 6 months.

As the others have said, just leave the AC system ON and in Auto.

It will only active the compressor when cooling is needed but will greatly assist keeping the heater system free from moisture & windscreen clear.

If you just switch on the AC system time to time you will soon start to get a smelly system as moisture gets left in the vents when you switch it off allowing bacteria to grow.

There is also a small sensor at the base of the rear view mirror which detects if the windscreen is misting up and adjusts the airflow, as long as you are in Auto mode.

Auto mode is best, it doesnt always  have the aircon on, just turns on when necessary so there is negligible effect on fuel consumption.

As others have said, plastic vapours are coming out of the dash for a few months, so you will notice a film on the glass. Just clean the windscreen more often.

• 5 months later...

September 2017 Octavia SE L estate.

On half a dozen occasions now - we think all of them following overnight rain - the windows fog up suddenly within 30 second or so of starting, and do not clear for some 10 minutes; this with the A/C left permanently on auto.

No mechanic am I, but it feels to me as if the heater matrix is getting wet and becomes a very effective steam generator as soon as warming engine coolant hits it.

Anyone else?

Nice car otherwise. Very good fuel consumption, quiet ride, great headlights. We remain pleased.

Our black one is parked outside and can be full of leafs behind the hood, closing the air intake. Check if anything blocks normal airflow. Even a pollen filter can be clogged, it is enough if it sucked once a lot of dirt somewhere, or sucked a leaf or something. Doesn't matter if it is a new car.

On my old cars misting was always caused by dirty pollen filter, sometimes it needed a replacement twice a year.

Edited by nidza